C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Cruise Control Unavailable - 2009 C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 07:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63
Cruise Control Unavailable - 2009 C63

Scenario: Driving along the interstate using cruise control to manage mpg and throttle, I disengaged and re-engaged the Cruise Control and got the "cruise control not available" error.

Anyone seen this and/or know the root cause?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2003 C230 coupe
I believe if traction control is disengaged or or sport mode the cruise is unable to set. Other than that I haven't seen a message flash up.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
First off, do you have a tune? If so, I suggest a reset. If not, get the code cleared. I do not think it is a big issue. My experience:

I too have gotten the same message. Cruise had been working fine, then all of a sudden, one day I got the same "Cruise Control Not Available" message. I was upset, made an appointment at the stealership(soonest they could get me was 3 days away), but before I could get the car in, the error message was gone, and cruise control was operable again. So, I blew off the appointment. Low-and-behold, same thing happened about a week later, "Cruise Control Not Available". I started to get worried and made another appointment. Again, the appointment was days later. But before I could get to the appointment, my hand-held OBD II tuner arrived. I cleared the error myself and reset the tune. I haven't seen the message since. My messages appeared when I only had an ECU tune, maybe a glitch? It has not appeared with my OBD II tune.

I see that you are in Houston. Go see Jerry at Eurocharged!! He can clear it for you. And if you don't have a tune, he can do that too. Either way he is a great guy and I am sure he would be happy to help, with or w/out a tune.

But yes, I've had the same experience and I would not be too worried if I was you. Hope my input helps, in any way.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by blackc230benzo
I believe if traction control is disengaged or or sport mode the cruise is unable to set. Other than that I haven't seen a message flash up.

+1 If you have ESP on Sport or Off, cruise control will be unavailable.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
JDubya3, for the record on my response, I was in "C" each time. I was not in "Sport", "M", or do anything to the ESP. Each time I experienced the problem, I was in good-ole "Comfort" mode, on the highway(HWY 71, in-between Austin and Houston), with ESP on. As when I'm on long drives, I leave the car alone. I pick-up my daughter every weekend in Houston and try to maximize MPG and minimize tire wear.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Alldatadiy.com has diagnostic information at your fingertips. Good Luck!!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by JDubya3
Scenario: Driving along the interstate using cruise control to manage mpg and throttle, I disengaged and re-engaged the Cruise Control and got the "cruise control not available" error.

Anyone seen this and/or know the root cause?
Can be caused by;
* brake light switch
* faulty anti-lock sensor on wheel
* unusual rim sizes with non-Benz rubber (out of spec)
* faulty yaw sensor
* uncalibrated steering angle sensor after battery change
* faulty steering angle sensor
* issues with front fuse box
* issues with ESP hydraulic unit - may need software flash.

Last edited by benzmodz; 10-16-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by jordanaf
JDubya3, for the record on my response, I was in "C" each time. I was not in "Sport", "M", or do anything to the ESP. Each time I experienced the problem, I was in good-ole "Comfort" mode, on the highway(HWY 71, in-between Austin and Houston), with ESP on. As when I'm on long drives, I leave the car alone. I pick-up my daughter every weekend in Houston and try to maximize MPG and minimize tire wear.
Same here mate...I was in bog standard "be a responsible adult mode"...it was bizarre, it was almost like it was pouting because it wasn't being flogged on an open road!

I don't have a tune or mods....YET!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by JDubya3
......I don't have a tune or mods....YET!

Still though, Jerry @ Eurocharged could possible help "clear" and reset your ECU, w/out a tune or paying for a tune. The you could meet and greet him. If not, get MB to re-flash your ECU. It will cure the problem.

You should definitely consider a tune though. It will not affect your warranty, what-so-ever. And it's the simplest mod to do and will wake your car up. I am going to Eurocharged tomorrow!!!

How is your cruise control issue, by the way?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Are you still having issues? As I said, I re-flashed and I'm all good. Either a stealership, or a tuner can set you straight. After Eurocharged, I will be going to the Heights to get my daughter.

Where are you?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:03 PM

06 CTT-S
too many cops on 71 when i went to Austin a few months back.. good to use the cruise control there..
Old 10-19-2012, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Originally Posted by mariecordero763
Thanks for the input, but you guys are making points that do NOT apply to JDubya3's experience or my experience. If you would made it through the thread, instead of rushing to put your two cents in, you would not have replied!! We both covered that this was not the issue in our cases.

Semi-rant: Why do so few people here, on the forum in general, read the entire post and all points made? In so many threads, I read responses like this that have been addressed within the thread. It doesn't help if members are not contributing in a constructive way on this forum. I am only talking about some members rushing to post. This forum is FANTASTIC and there is so much knowledge to be gleamed. It just gets frustrating when I continue to read responses that don't apply and end up with just more clutter to sift through. I love this forum, but occasionally get frustrated. Sorry.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Happened to me today under very typical circumstances for my daily driving. Restarted the car and it was gone...very strange.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
did you reflash?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Although my car is not an AMG this has happened to me a couple times. But the reason was the road conditions. I came up on a segment of the road that was very bumpy and the cruise control disengaged itself, displaying the "cruise control unavailable" message. Once the road was back to normal conditions, the cruise control was fine.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Posted in the other threads already, but I'll repeat it here:

Turns out it was just a front wheel speed sensor glitch, according to my dealership. We'll see if it comes back.