C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

CPO coverage for head bolt failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
CPO coverage for head bolt failure

i have been reading a lot of the forum info out there on the head bolt problem that some of these engines experience. i have no seen in particular where CPO coverage was involved.

i am looking at an '09 CPO and will likely add the add'l two years for three total. i figure it is transferrable so i will get the better deal (add'l two).

i asked the sales person if i can speak to the selling dealer's service manager about this problem. he said they have never seen it occur but if it did, it would be a gasket failure and therefore covered...though it is really a fastener issue.

i am looking for the MBCPO Limited Warranty Booklet as according to the MB website that has literally all of the covered bits listed but i can not find a digital version of it yet. this is the closest i could find and it says head(s) and gaskets but nothing about fasteners. and of course it mentions that if it isn't cited, it's not covered, lol.

http://extendedlimitedwarranty.merce...-Owned-ELW.pdf (takes a while to load)

Last edited by builthatch; 02-24-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
to follow up on my first post, for anyone's info...

i spoke to my local dealer's service manager and he said the same thing the other guy said - if the gasket fails, no matter what caused it, they fix the engine. he said the CPO warranty is never a problem with stuff like that.