Called out a 1M yesterday on the BMW Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Called out a 1M yesterday on the BMW Forum

Was driving home from dinner last night and saw a 1M weaving through traffic such. We ended up stopping beside each other at light and I was expecting him to want to go but he didnt bite! We had a long straight with no one ahead so I tried egging him on but nothing! It find it comical someone can drive so recklessly on the street but not want to run a car when the other driver is so willing.

Anyways heres the thread;

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845847

Hopefully something comes of it hahaha
Old 05-28-2013, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 P30 Eurocharged
This should be good
Old 05-28-2013, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
lol
Old 05-28-2013, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Ha I actually saw that thread as I am a member over there too. I thought the username looked familiar.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
Leave him alone, what you are doing is immature. I drive fast all the time on the street, just like everyone else here.. I have people who I know I can dust them but I choose not to race them. I quit running people on the street after I had an idiot mustang driver who I dusted form 0-60ish, decide to do a ricer fly by at well over 80MPH in a 45mph zone almost hit another car and lose it. Then at the next light I let him take off and he started to dangerously weave in and out of traffic.

The only time I give it a go with another car now is on a freeway on ramp or on a clear stretch of freeway with no one around. The normal streets are too dangerous with people pulling in and out and not realizing how fast a 4 door car can approach them.

Flame me away I am not checking this topic again. just stupidity.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ bet ya check it again

Don't take this as being confrontational but you just fed right into the OP. Your race with that mustang that almost got someone dead is because you were doing it in traffic. Yes, we all drive fast on the street at some point or anything in an AMG mercedes, shocking. But, whether it is 4 in the afternoon on a sunday and everyone is out shopping or 10pm on a wednesday night with nothing going on is a whole other story.

Weaving through traffic is dumb, I agree. But we all give it hell on on ramps and open stretches of freeway if we can. Otherwise you'd be in a c300
Old 05-28-2013, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^ bet ya check it again

Don't take this as being confrontational but you just fed right into the OP. Your race with that mustang that almost got someone dead is because you were doing it in traffic. Yes, we all drive fast on the street at some point or anything in an AMG mercedes, shocking. But, whether it is 4 in the afternoon on a sunday and everyone is out shopping or 10pm on a wednesday night with nothing going on is a whole other story.

Weaving through traffic is dumb, I agree. But we all give it hell on on ramps and open stretches of freeway if we can. Otherwise you'd be in a c300
You got me. When I raced the mustang it was clear, it was the next light after that wasnt and I didn't. And the entire way up to the next light he kept trying to egg me on again and again and I didnt bite or encourage it again. It was a one time I blew you out of the water thats it.

My entire point is calling someone out online is childish for not wanting to race, not saying never do it or its stupid but its over the line to go cross post in BMW fourms trying to start something. Maybe the BMW driver thought the OP here was being more reckless or creating a more reckless citation. We dont know and we will never know, unless the OP can post a dash cam....
Old 05-28-2013, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,576 Likes on 929 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 2012C63AMG
You got me.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
You got me. When I raced the mustang it was clear, it was the next light after that wasnt and I didn't. And the entire way up to the next light he kept trying to egg me on again and again and I didnt bite or encourage it again. It was a one time I blew you out of the water thats it.

My entire point is calling someone out online is childish for not wanting to race, not saying never do it or its stupid but its over the line to go cross post in BMW fourms trying to start something. Maybe the BMW driver thought the OP here was being more reckless or creating a more reckless citation. We dont know and we will never know, unless the OP can post a dash cam....
I hear ya. Hey, at the end of the day we are all human and at times emotions can get the best of us. For some it takes a mistake to learn a hard lesson. I guess I wouldn't cross forums to call someone out but I can see why somebody would.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I understand your point but Im just having some fun. If you noticed in the post I offered the track because it is the most sensible place to settle something like this. I actually admire the driver of the 1M for not wanting to give it a go with me (even though the road was clear). I just found it comical that he was driving one way before I pulled up to him, and then completely different afterwards. I guess he respects the C63

I guess you could say my other motive would be meeting a driver with a nice car in Waterloo since there is no car scene to speak of here.

Last edited by VaclavSV; 05-28-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:03 PM

'09 C63 P30 Eurocharged
I think the humor/sarcasm in Vaclav's post came through to be honest on the 1M boards. I don't see anyone other than maybe that driver getting too upset over this.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,576 Likes on 929 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Lemme know when you go to Cayuga. I'll embarss you in my little honda
Old 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Deal! Ive been meaning to go out for a while!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:16 PM

C63 amg
I am curious what your state laws are where you live? Most states now can arrest you for speeding over a certain mph over the posted limit, wreck less endangerment (yes a police officer can count aggressive weaving in and out as that) and various other things. Not to mention attempted man slaughter charges if you hit someone. I know a guy that was dragging in the street about 10 years ago that is doing jail time in upstate NY cause he took out a girl trying to cross the street in time.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Exactly why I dont race hondas anymore, haha. There's no winning to be had!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 PM

'09 C63 P30 Eurocharged
Originally Posted by Z63amg
I am curious what your state laws are where you live? Most states now can arrest you for speeding over a certain mph over the posted limit, wreck less endangerment (yes a police officer can count aggressive weaving in and out as that) and various other things. Not to mention attempted man slaughter charges if you hit someone. I know a guy that was dragging in the street about 10 years ago that is doing jail time in upstate NY cause he took out a girl trying to cross the street in time.
50km/h over the speed limit gets your car impounded, license suspended and up to $10k fine I think.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
Vids needed. Gopro that ****.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by anthonymckay
Hahahahaha!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Originally Posted by Z63amg
MD is a little wierd, (seeing as I was just in traffic court trying to fight a ticket). When I went to lookup the points value, I noticed they have different fines and point values for the same speed overage values depending on the highway (55 vs 65 speed limits)

ie, 1 to 10 miles over limit in a 55 vs 1 to 10 miles over the limit in a 65, the former has 1 point, the latter has 5 points... ouch.

also, double the speed limit, or 40 over the speed limit (depending on the officers mood and if you **** him off), is immediate arrest, charged with Wreckless Endangermen, driving with intent (not sure what that was, I asked my friend who is a MD commissioner, and his best guess, he is not a traffic court commissioner though, is the vehicle equiv of attempted homicide). Also, immediate loss of license, and some serious fines.

I suspect VA is similar to MD, in DC.. well if you can actually get up to 30 miles an hour.. your lucky :P
Old 05-29-2013, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2022 E53 SG
Originally Posted by anthonymckay