Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
A Little Video of ADV1, the Past, the Present, and the Future

Old 07-10-2013, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Jordan Swerdloff... isn't this the same guy that screwed over a bunch of people with 360 Forged, and then lied about ADV.1's TUV certification? Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick to BBS/HRE/DPE and other reputable companies.

<putting on asbestos overalls>
Old 07-10-2013, 06:14 PM

2011 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Diabolis
Jordan Swerdloff... isn't this the same guy that screwed over a bunch of people with 360 Forged, and then lied about ADV.1's TUV certification? Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick to BBS/HRE/DPE and other reputable companies.

Yes, same guy.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8

Please read over this article, you can't believe everything you read on the internet from people who aren't directly involved in a situation. If you know anyone who didn't receive their wheels or a refund by 360 Forged please have them PM me or call me directly on my cell phone at 424 278 8216 and I will put them in contact with Jordan who has promised everyone who hasn't gotten their wheels a full refund.

http://www.secretentourage.com/entre...ality-of-adv1/

As for the lying about ADV.1 TUV certification, you can view the paperwork on ADV.1's website here:

http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels...l/testdata.php

They never claimed that all of their wheels are TUV certified, because then they would have to have every single wheel, in every offset, in every size, for every car individually tested and certified. What they did say though is that they have gotten TUV certification for certain wheels in certain applications which is true.

It seems like the only people who are bashing ADV1 are those that never gave them a try because I have never (ever!) had a single complaint from any of my customers about their wheels and whenever I have seen someone who has a problem with their ADV1's, whether they are my customer or not, I take it straight to my boss, Michael, who then takes it to ADV1. As of today we have not had a single issue that wasn't taken care of immediately by ADV1.

So rest assured when buying these wheels and I would love to see more of you guys in the C63 crowd venturing out to new ADV1's for your own cars (I even have a set in stock for the C63 AMG right now) and buy with confidence because I don't just defend every brand, I'm actually proud to carry ADV1.

Again if you have any concerns, I encourage you to PM me

Thank you,
Gor
Acute Performance
Old 07-11-2013, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Please read over this article, you can't believe everything you read on the internet from people who aren't directly involved in a situation. If you know anyone who didn't receive their wheels or a refund by 360 Forged please have them PM me or call me directly on my cell phone at 424 278 8216 and I will put them in contact with Jordan who has promised everyone who hasn't gotten their wheels a full refund.

http://www.secretentourage.com/entre...ality-of-adv1/

As for the lying about ADV.1 TUV certification, you can view the paperwork on ADV.1's website here:

They never claimed that all of their wheels are TUV certified, because then they would have to have every single wheel, in every offset, in every size, for every car individually tested and certified. What they did say though is that they have gotten TUV certification for certain wheels in certain applications which is true.

It seems like the only people who are bashing ADV1 are those that never gave them a try because I have never (ever!) had a single complaint from any of my customers about their wheels and whenever I have seen someone who has a problem with their ADV1's, whether they are my customer or not, I take it straight to my boss, Michael, who then takes it to ADV1. As of today we have not had a single issue that wasn't taken care of immediately by ADV1.

So rest assured when buying these wheels and I would love to see more of you guys in the C63 crowd venturing out to new ADV1's for your own cars (I even have a set in stock for the C63 AMG right now) and buy with confidence because I don't just defend every brand, I'm actually proud to carry ADV1.

Again if you have any concerns, I encourage you to PM me

Thank you,
Gor
Acute Performance
Gor:

While I (fortunately) have not had any personal dealings with ADV.1 or 360 Forged, over the years I have come to know and trust a number of people that have. With regard to the quality of Jordan's wheels, his dealings with his customers and lies about certifications, please feel free to consult the following threads yourself:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664569
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...tin-board.html
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/w...60-forged.html
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/m...y-answers.html
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/w...60-forged.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/w218/4435...-12-cls63.html

The first three threads alone from the M3 board contain over 60 pages of evidence about their well-documented and well-deserved reputation. And, this list is what I managed to dig up in just a couple of minutes. In a business where reputation is pretty much everything, once a thief and a liar, always a thief and a liar.

I realize that ADV.1 is one of your suppliers, but you shouldn't believe everything you're told either just because you make money selling their products. While I know nothing about your company and your dealings, I see that you also represent a number of other much more reputable companies and their products, so strictly from a business perspective, I think it may be wise to stay out of this one instead of putting your own reputation on the line defending someone that doesn't deserve it.

Respectfully,
Doug
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Old 07-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8
Hi Doug

Jordan will be the first to tell you that he made a mistake. Those threads are almost 4 years old, has anything like that happened since?

All I can say is that every time someone has had an issue with ADV1, regardless if they are my customer, I have sent the issue to ADV1 and they have taken care of it. I also make sure to follow up with that person to make sure ADV1 has.

If one of my own customers are dissatisfied and ADV1 refuses to resolve the issue, I will personally offer a refund from my bank account to the customer and deal with ADV1 myself.

People make mistakes and should deserve a second chance. By all accounts, Jordan has tried to resolve all outstanding issues from his 360 Forged days and from the 4 years I've sold their product, he seems to have learned his lesson.

Anyways, that's all I'm going to post about this topic.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi Doug

Jordan will be the first to tell you that he made a mistake. Those threads are almost 4 years old, has anything like that happened since?

All I can say is that every time someone has had an issue with ADV1, regardless if they are my customer, I have sent the issue to ADV1 and they have taken care of it. I also make sure to follow up with that person to make sure ADV1 has.

If one of my own customers are dissatisfied and ADV1 refuses to resolve the issue, I will personally offer a refund from my bank account to the customer and deal with ADV1 myself.

People make mistakes and should deserve a second chance. By all accounts, Jordan has tried to resolve all outstanding issues from his 360 Forged days and from the 4 years I've sold their product, he seems to have learned his lesson.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
The first thread on the M3 board where they falsely claimed they had TUV certification was started in October 2011 (ADV.Matt posted the first photo with the fake certificate on Oct 14, 2011). The second and third threads were both started last year. They are all about ADV.1, not 360 Forged.

While I certainly expect some percentage of wheels to fail in use, the lies about the certification and the specifics of what they did to cover up their manufacturing screw-up from the beginning discussed in the third post are outright appalling, even if they're now trying to claim "sorry we screwed people over, but we promise not to it again". Four months, maybe, but certainly not four years. Besides, even if it was four years ago and not last year, that still doesn’t excuse anything they did.

I am happy for Jordan if he has finally learned his lesson and started to conduct himself and his business dealings in a more ethical manner, but as I said, this would have to have been a very recent development. I am also happy to hear that you’re willing to stand up for your customers, but unfortunately the same cannot be said about ADV1. They may try to do the talking now, but their record speaks for itself.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
i won't watch the vid but i'm sure it's much different than what I was thinking.

past: remember the old videos of jordan driving his yellow lambo around while stealing money from 360 customers, probably not in there
present: wheels falling apart due to horrible construction.
future: people educating themselves and buying HREs.

well that's how it goes in my mind.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Hi Doug

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
i agree that people deserve a second chance but usually it's due to one or two mistakes and not a whole bunch of them . i remember when i first bought my C63 , i contacted 360 Forged to get a set of carbon fiber wheels and the guy on the phone treated me like some sort of idiot because i was asking questions about the wheels . that pretty much ended that decision right there . of course , later on , i read about all the problems that multiple people were having and was glad that the guy was a jerk and i didn't buy anything . if he burned all those bridges , what makes anyone think that it won't happen again

this situation reminds me of the business i'm in . we deal with a whole bunch of different Mexican truckers here in El Paso and everytime one of them owes a large sum of money to another company , they just change their name and keep on going
Old 07-11-2013, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
another scary thing someone bought the 360 forged name and is making wheels again. like really? any other name would have been better. Skips wheels would have been 1000x better.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
not defending them of their past problems/issues but just wanted to comment on the present I guess.

My experience with them was good. I had a set of wheels that had vibrating and leaking problems, and they promptly contacted me to work the issues out as soon as they found out. They even upgraded my wheels for free as a result of all the trouble I had with the wheels.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
+1 Despite differing opinions I gave them a try out on one of their higher end lines just to see how it is and from what I have experienced , I received pretty good service. Wheels were made on time, promised date was met, wheels are on my car now, nothing but compliments on the finish and quality (4 months of usage now).

Nothing but great experience so far and I deal directly with Acute Performance whom handled it for me. All in all it was a pretty good experience for me!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63, LS600
Nice
Old 07-11-2013, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JeffDL
another scary thing someone bought the 360 forged name and is making wheels again. like really? any other name would have been better. Skips wheels would have been 1000x better.
Yeah. In the "promo" at http://www.secretentourage.com/entre...ality-of-adv1/, Jordan says 360 Forged is now partially owned by a friend of his. I wish I had friends like that - I had some awesome deals on real estate in Florida a couple of years ago...
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
i agree that people deserve a second chance but usually it's due to one or two mistakes and not a whole bunch of them . i remember when i first bought my C63 , i contacted 360 Forged to get a set of carbon fiber wheels and the guy on the phone treated me like some sort of idiot because i was asking questions about the wheels . that pretty much ended that decision right there . of course , later on , i read about all the problems that multiple people were having and was glad that the guy was a jerk and i didn't buy anything . if he burned all those bridges , what makes anyone think that it won't happen again

this situation reminds me of the business i'm in . we deal with a whole bunch of different Mexican truckers here in El Paso and everytime one of them owes a large sum of money to another company , they just change their name and keep on going
I am very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had with the sales agent, but that really depends on where you get your wheels from, even if it is directly from ADV1. Their current sales team is very friendly and they help their customers with anything they need and we here at Acute Performance would never treat a customer like that. If you want to get nice wheels with someone who is happy to help every step of the way, well that's what we pride ourselves on at Acute Performance =)
Originally Posted by natman316
not defending them of their past problems/issues but just wanted to comment on the present I guess.

My experience with them was good. I had a set of wheels that had vibrating and leaking problems, and they promptly contacted me to work the issues out as soon as they found out. They even upgraded my wheels for free as a result of all the trouble I had with the wheels.
Originally Posted by Hedges
+1 Despite differing opinions I gave them a try out on one of their higher end lines just to see how it is and from what I have experienced , I received pretty good service. Wheels were made on time, promised date was met, wheels are on my car now, nothing but compliments on the finish and quality (4 months of usage now).

Nothing but great experience so far and I deal directly with Acute Performance whom handled it for me. All in all it was a pretty good experience for me!
Thank you for the kind words guys, feel free to through up some pictures of your cars on the thread, from what I remember you guys were twins because you had the same color car with the same ADV1's in the same finish haha

Again, for anyone who wants to see ADV1's test data and certifications please click on this link

Old 07-11-2013, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Isn't there a separate forum on this site for vendors to advertise their warez?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
Isn't there a separate forum on this site for vendors to advertise their warez?
Its always great to have a detailed information of a companies past so members in the community are aware of what happened.
However , it seems like you have vendetta against them specifically lol.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not even close - I have never had any dealings with either Jordan or acuteperformance. However, I do have an issue with people that cheat, lie or steal, and as you pointed out, it is good for the other community members to find out about things that have happened and make up their own minds about someone.

Again, I applaud acute's own policy on customer satisfaction and service, but their claim that it was only a mistake, it happened many years ago or that it was all 360 Forged and not ADV are incorrect. This is very recent history.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...ed-wheels.html
Old 07-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

R8
A little write up about the ADV1 project Veyron.

http://www.adv1wheels.com/blog/adv-1...s-for-bugatti/

And the end result

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/5/5...heels-7714172/
Old 07-12-2013, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

... and a few other threads concerning their (ADV.1) current business practices:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-317180.html
http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...t-Brands-sites
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tran...s-dispute.html
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747430
http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c478015.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...loads-pic.html
Old 07-12-2013, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
You only hear about complaints on forums, it's rare to hear about happy customers so I'll give it a shot. I've been very happy with ADV.1 products and service, on my 3rd set of wheels with them now. I intially stayed away from ADV.1 due to the 360 Forged drama, but I kept hearing great things about ADV.1 and gave them a try. Haven't looked back since. Great looking wheels, and zero issues on my sets even with track use.

While the C63 BS hasn't spent much time on track with the exception of a few slow AutoX's (we lost our track last year), the CLK BS spent quite a bit of time on the roadcourse with the ADV.1's. One happy customer here.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh, I certainly agree that sometimes they get things right.

THOSE ARE FREAKIN' AWESOME CARS BTW!!!