Old 10-26-2013, 08:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
2015 C63

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11310266...-near-the-ring
Old 10-26-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gtr
That would be so awesome to put all the articles in the same thread... We are now at what, 6-7 threads with almost the same subject (AMG News - C63 4matic), (2015 W205 C63 articles, facts) and two more in the last week...
Old 10-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
I absolutely hate the fact they put a steering wheel shifter on the new C63...Like WHY!?!?! I hate those so much...why the hell would they ruin the entire car by doing that? how are you going to paddle shift or shift with the shifter now in the AMG???? That's right...they'll probably take out paddle shifters now...so stupid..kinda pisses me off because I actually wanted to buy a 2015 C63 but now I don't think I will just because of the stupid steering colum shifter...most of us are younger guys...we're not 70 year old grandpas driving caddilacs...get rid of the colum shifter..it makes the car look like it was made for people in their 90s
Old 10-26-2013, 03:51 PM

I think the column shifter is only going to be for the non AMG C's.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:08 PM

C55 / S550 / Lexus IS300 (sold) / C63 (Sold) / SL500 (Sold) / Lambo Gallardo (RIP)
Originally Posted by avery.whss
I absolutely hate the fact they put a steering wheel shifter on the new C63...Like WHY!?!?! I hate those so much...why the hell would they ruin the entire car by doing that? how are you going to paddle shift or shift with the shifter now in the AMG???? That's right...they'll probably take out paddle shifters now...so stupid..kinda pisses me off because I actually wanted to buy a 2015 C63 but now I don't think I will just because of the stupid steering colum shifter...most of us are younger guys...we're not 70 year old grandpas driving caddilacs...get rid of the colum shifter..it makes the car look like it was made for people in their 90s
they are getting rid of it because there is no need for one. The shifters shift so fast, way faster then a human could. And having the shifter in the center doesn't give you any better control. All you can do is move the lever left or right to shift which is kinda stupid in itself. I would prefer to shift with the levers so both hands stay on the wheel and it's faster then a clutch. It's not like Mercedes AMG's were ever stick aside from the C36.

My lambo Gallardo had the shifters but I always put it in auto shift and if I wanted to, would just use the shifters but it didn't shift close to as fast as the new AMG's do.

Mercedes knows there is no logic need for a center shifter. Other than for looks or to take up room or for people who want to think it's stick I guess. I'm glad they are doing away with then. Gives them more room to install AMG buttons and timer buttons and all kinds of buttons. :-D and ruining the entire car? Really? I find it hard that anyone would really consider a whole car crap from not having a center shifter lol you are in for a rude awakening since all manufacturers are heading that route ( Teslas even use the S class column shifter) so I guess every car without a year shifter will be ugly to you.

And comparing Cadillac shifters to Mercedes? Last time I checked, all of Cadillacs had gear shifters in the center so calling Mercedes fir old people cuz of the paddle shifters makes no sense dude.

I can definitely tell you are a "young" driver but damn come on dude really. I understand personal preference and opinions, but Sounds more like you are throwing a tantrum then complaining.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:23 PM

C55 / S550 / Lexus IS300 (sold) / C63 (Sold) / SL500 (Sold) / Lambo Gallardo (RIP)
Originally Posted by dremorg
I think the column shifter is only going to be for the non AMG C's.
I don't think there will be room for a center shifter. If you look at the newly released interior pix, you will see that the Comand circle knob and the storage compartment take up all the room. I font think they would install a smaller comand knob and compartment just to have a shifter. Would probably be too expensive to have two variants. Also I think the interior pics they released were from a regular C. Doesnt look like a C63 interior.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2015-mercedes-benz-c-class-tech-details-interior-revealed/

Just my thought. HOWEVER, I doubt they will get rid of A manual for the EU market so I would like to see how they do that. Also I think they might do away with manual in the USA since the C class will be built here in Alabama. That way they only need to send one kind of transmission n one kind of interior kit. Not to mention not even the CLA comes in manual here in the states. Does in EU though : http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/attachments/56d1359855561-cla-manual-transmission-pic-317991_462460287148155_1475736814_n.jpg

And even the reglar auto CLAs have the column shifter.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:19 PM

True, but the CLA45 has the center shifter including the paddle shifters....why wouldn't they do the same in the new C63?
Old 10-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
True, but the CLA45 has the center shifter including the paddle shifters....why wouldn't they do the same in the new C63?
Exactly

I'm not throwing a tantrum it's just kinda gay lol...steering colum shifter reminds me of my moms 1989 ford she had when I was 5

that CLA shifter is nice and clean..not big...most car companies have shifters like that..which is nice..it adds a "sporty" look...which is kinda the whole reason you buy an AMG in the first place isn't it? for the sportiness of it?
Old 10-26-2013, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 coupe
I agree. The column shifter is annoying, although I didnt notice the column interfering with my paddle shifting in my dads E350. I thought higher AMGs (S65)previously came with column shifters? Probably not but I swear I recall seeing a 2013 S65 with the column shifter.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:15 PM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
Exactly I'm not throwing a tantrum it's just kinda gay lol...steering colum shifter reminds me of my moms 1989 ford she had when I was 5 that CLA shifter is nice and clean..not big...most car companies have shifters like that..which is nice..it adds a "sporty" look...which is kinda the whole reason you buy an AMG in the first place isn't it? for the sportiness of it?
I'm not a fan of the column shifter either. I won't get one if they go that route with the AMG model.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by Arab_Homie
I don't think there will be room for a center shifter. If you look at the newly released interior pix, you will see that the Comand circle knob and the storage compartment take up all the room. I font think they would install a smaller comand knob and compartment just to have a shifter. Would probably be too expensive to have two variants.
Sounds as if you are not at all familiar with the Mercedes Vs AMG lineup. Take a look at the E350 Vs E63 interior, CLA250 Vs CLA45, CLS550 Vs CLS63. AMG has always revised the center console for their column shifter cars. I believe the S63 is the only car that keeps the column shifter.

They install the gear shifter for all the silly fuddy fuddys that don't realize that the only time they touch that shifter is when they shift to D and then back to P when they are finished.
It just doesn't make any sense to move your hand away from the paddles to reach down to do the same thing you could have done in 1/10th the time with your hand still on the wheel.

Last edited by Tjdehya; 10-26-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tjdehya
Sounds as if you are not at all familiar with the Mercedes Vs AMG lineup. Take a look at the E350 Vs E63 interior, CLA250 Vs CLA45, CLS550 Vs CLS63. AMG has always revised the center console for their column shifter cars. I believe the S63 is the only car that keeps the column shifter.

They install the gear shifter for all the silly fuddy fuddys that don't realize that the only time they touch that shifter is when they shift to D and then back to P when they are finished.
It just doesn't make any sense to move your hand away from the paddles to reach down to do the same thing you could have done in 1/10th the time with your hand still on the wheel.
I meant full gear shifter like my C55 and C63. The newer ones have a gear shifter but it's more tsp it down to drive press the button for park. It's not a true shifter like the older AMG ones. Also I wasn't aware that the CLA45 had a shifter but again if you look at the new C63 interior the Comand knob is way to far up and too big I think to make room for a shifter.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Daveskii
I agree. The column shifter is annoying, although I didnt notice the column interfering with my paddle shifting in my dads E350. I thought higher AMGs (S65)previously came with column shifters? Probably not but I swear I recall seeing a 2013 S65 with the column shifter.
you are correct I had a S65 and my grandma had a S550 both with column shifter
Old 10-26-2013, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Arab_Homie
I meant full gear shifter like my C55 and C63. The newer ones have a gear shifter but it's more tsp it down to drive press the button for park. It's not a true shifter like the older AMG ones. Also I wasn't aware that the CLA45 had a shifter but again if you look at the new C63 interior the Comand knob is way to far up and too big I think to make room for a shifter.
You saw pics already of the new C63 interior?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:21 PM

No but they have posted and released pics of the regular C interior. Look at how big and far up the Comand knob is. Tell me what u think if they would have room for s shifter there

http://mbacars.blogspot.com/2013/10/...tails.html?m=1

IMO I think there won't be room. But I may be wrong. I do hope they don't have a shifter there though. Waste of space n like someone Saud above, the only reason you need it is for D and P.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:21 AM

BMW
I absolutely DEPISE column shifters. The first car I drove with one was the new A-class. Didn't like using that piddly stick on the steering column at all!

Coming from manuals I often like to grip something to shift. Just feels good. And that is what driving a sports car is all about. On my DCT BMW I use the stick 40% and the paddles 60% to shift. The stick is especially useful around tighter corners if I need to shift.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:23 AM

BMW
And why no video yet of the 2015 C63 so we can hear the sound? In this day and age just about everyone has the ability to shoot a video....
Old 10-27-2013, 02:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
mazda rx7
Exactly

I'm not throwing a tantrum it's just kinda gay lol...steering colum shifter reminds me of my moms 1989 ford she had when I was 5

that CLA shifter is nice and clean..not big...most car companies have shifters like that..which is nice..it adds a "sporty" look...which is kinda the whole reason you buy an AMG in the first place isn't it? for the sportiness of it?
W221 S-Class, Tesla Model S, and E65/66 7 series all have the shifters on the steering column. They probably feel its more luxurious.