Fog Light Bulb Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Fog Light Bulb Change

Does anyone has any DIY instructions to change the fog light bulbs on the pre facelift models? Also, can anyone direct me to a site where I can buy some LED bulbs to replace the halogen fog light bulbs with?

Thank you so much.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Just jump on eBay, and type in "CREE 50W H7 LED" that will bring up the bulbs you require.

You will also need Load Resistors to suit, otherwise you will have Dash error.

As for changing the bulbs, i found the best way, was to turn the wheels, to an angle best suited for the side your working on, and access through the wheel well. There is also 3 screws underneath that have to come off, to access the back of the bulb housing.
Its pretty simple, once your under the front, you will see.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
I find the best way to get to the fog lights is jack the front of the car up and set jackstands under the front jack points. Remove the front belly pan and it will be the easiest access to the back of the fog lights. Also Philips Diamond Vision bulbs in H7 may be an easier upgrade to your existing bulbs. They are ~ 5000K and look good and white. The bulbs themselves do have a blue tip.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
Originally Posted by AMG893
Just jump on eBay, and type in "CREE 50W H7 LED" that will bring up the bulbs you require.

You will also need Load Resistors to suit, otherwise you will have Dash error.

As for changing the bulbs, i found the best way, was to turn the wheels, to an angle best suited for the side your working on, and access through the wheel well. There is also 3 screws underneath that have to come off, to access the back of the bulb housing.
Its pretty simple, once your under the front, you will see.
If I understand you correctly, isn't that how you would change the side reflectors as well? I remember having to do that for them, I didn't know you could reach the fog light area the same way? If you can, it will most likely be what I try as I know how that works and have done that a couple of times before.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
Originally Posted by Mort
I find the best way to get to the fog lights is jack the front of the car up and set jackstands under the front jack points. Remove the front belly pan and it will be the easiest access to the back of the fog lights. Also Philips Diamond Vision bulbs in H7 may be an easier upgrade to your existing bulbs. They are ~ 5000K and look good and white. The bulbs themselves do have a blue tip.
Thanks, I will check out those bulbs. I have those lights that turn on as you turn and it pisses me off. So I rather just have them both on at all times but then the yellow light takes it away from the car I think. So going to stick the white coloured ones like the headlights.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Originally Posted by papashango
If I understand you correctly, isn't that how you would change the side reflectors as well? I remember having to do that for them, I didn't know you could reach the fog light area the same way? If you can, it will most likely be what I try as I know how that works and have done that a couple of times before.
Not sure about the side reflectors, as our cars never came with them.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
You mean turning the wheel in one direction and accessing the liner under the fender and removing the pop out tabs right?
Old 05-26-2014, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c 63 amg eurocharged
You mean turning the wheel in one direction and accessing the liner under the fender and removing the pop out tabs right?
Save yourself and your hand from getting beat up and scratched remove the wheel . If you had the car on a lift then maybe turning the wheel will work but laying on the floor and twisting your arm and hand is tough
Old 05-26-2014, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Does anyone has any DIY instructions to change the fog light bulbs on the pre facelift models?

Thank you so much.

You dont like to do searches?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ulbs-pics.html
Old 05-26-2014, 08:18 PM
GRP

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
2010 C63
[QUOTE https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ulbs-pics.html[/QUOTE]

Replaced one of mine recently relying on the excellent DIY above.

The hard part is putting the globe back in as it is a very tight area for your hand with limited visabilty to see what you are doing. When you have the bulb out have a careful look at the fitting so you can get the mating with the bulb pictured in your mind for when you attempt to blindly refit the globe.

My tips are (a) have a good torch that you can prop to put light on the work area (mid size LED is perfect) and (b) the factory probably intended that you also remove/pull back the inner guard (good for dealer labour charges) - I found popping the lower retainer fitting and just levering the lower end of the front endge of the plastic back assisted.