C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Good Service Advisor or Dealership in Southern California

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe
Good Service Advisor or Dealership in Southern California

Can anyone recommend a good Service Advisor at any Southern California MB dealership, preferably in Orange County? I have a service coming up, and have some warranty issues I'd like the dealership to check out. Mod-friendly would be great, too. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:56 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
Hello deanmc,

I'm having the differential fluid changed at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach as I type this. I met my service advisor, Rob Draper for the first time today and he was pretty cool, fairly knowledgeable and did not try to sell me anything else. Kind of pricey though at about $280. The techs are also giving it a once over since I bought it new from this dealership. Some people at work use them for service too and no one has had anything bad to say about them so far. Don't know about mod friendly though as mine is stock. Hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:56 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
Hey Stratman, thanks for the recommendation. Yeah, I found Fletcher Jones to be pricier than most dealerships (for parts, anyways), but I'll keep your guy in mind. Thanks again!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Contact Charles Cha over at Penske West Covina.

Just came from a service B (2nd year service) and they did a great job. He's very professional, saw that my upper console trim was loose, turned out to be broken, ordered me a brand new carbon fiber trim piece and had it installed. Also, I was a little pissed as the techs seemed to have gotten my white leather seat a bit dirty and I told him about it and how I was unhappy and he said when you come in to get the trim piece installed he gave me a free interior detail to fix the problem from last time (interior was sparkling like a gem after that).

In other words, great stand up guy. Would highly recommend him.

Oh and I actually asked him about how mod friendly they are and he said "Listen, if you do exhaust work and your suspension breaks, we aren't going to try to pin that on the exhaust. If you have suspension work done and the suspension breaks, we will try to help you out but ultimately its on you."
Old 06-17-2014, 01:13 AM

2012 C63 Coupe
Awesome, thanks saph! West co is a little far for me, but i just might go there if it means better service. Thanks again.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
I frequent mb Laguna and have since 2007 without any major concern. I have come across mod friendly and mod encouraging SAs there, as well as normal ones!
In my mind a 'mod friendly dealer' is friendly until your warranty and your mod conflict. Since there are laws about when a warranty claim can and cannot be rejected, a mod friendly dealer is friendly so the modded customers continue to visit. Because the car is generally reliable, even with some extreme mods, it is rare that a warranty claim is rejected as long as the condition does not require electronic data to be transmitted to mbusa. But I promise you mbusa is very strict, at least on the paper, about when a warranty claim can be covered. Just research through some of their dealer literature about warranty items and you get what I'm saying.