C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

About to buy a c63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 AMG
About to buy a c63

Hey guys first post and Im wondering what your thoughts were on this car.

http://www.haimsautomall.com/2008-Me...akes-FL/v/1279

It looks to have slotted and drilled rotors so I am wondering if it has the preformance package. The price seems good if it does.

http://www.offleaseonly.com/used-car...b5bf639864.htm

I also have the opportunity to buy a 2011 c63 with a performance package for $38,000. Would this be a better buy? Is it worth the extra $8000 to buy a car thats 3 years newer if the mileage is comparable? Is this the performance package on the 2011??

Please let me know as I will probably be in a new MB by this time tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jag F-Type V8
Originally Posted by djtroy
Hey guys first post and Im wondering what your thoughts were on this car.

http://www.haimsautomall.com/2008-Me...akes-FL/v/1279

It looks to have slotted and drilled rotors so I am wondering if it has the preformance package. The price seems good if it does.

I also have the opportunity to buy a 2011 c63 with a performance package for $38,000. Would this be a better buy? Is it worth the extra $8000 to buy a car thats 3 years newer if the mileage is comparable? Is this the performance package on the 2011??

Please let me know as I will probably be in a new MB by this time tomorrow.
Looks like the offleaseonly car is gone, which is good because I don't think id buy a car from them. The cars they sell are auction cars, ie, cars that another dealer couldn't sell for a long time so they went to auction and offleaseonly bought them cheap.

The other car is stripped. No keylessgo, no performance package and I'm guessing also no LSD. I'd wait for a better example and pay a little more for that one. I know good ones don't come up that often down here in South Forida, but you should go check Carmax if you are thinking of going quite that old of a car and buy Carmax's extended warranty.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:02 PM

c63 AMG

Its definitely still there. I dont know if I am thats skeptical about a car based on whos selling it and if it came from an auction. Ive bought plenty of auction cars that have been great to me. I dont think any of these cars are really flying off the lot anymore. If I were to check car fax and maintenance history and do my homework, wouldnt that be good enough? Both these cars were leased vehicles and have had their regular maintenance documented by the local MB dealers. The one car doesn't even have tinted windows. I see what you are saying for sure tho, thanks

Im leaning towards the 2011 because I think the price is right based on the upgrades it has. The dealer doesn't even list the upgrades and never mentioned them to me when I went to look at it so perhaps they dont even know.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:16 PM

Jag F-Type V8
The link was broken the first time and I wasn't about to go find it on offleaseonly for myself. But the 2011 has the performance package. Would be nice to be able to tell if it has the LSD. See if a member here, Valvestud, can run the data card for the car. As this is an early 2011 car, you also have the headbolts to worry about.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 C63S
Not really sure about it.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:22 PM

c63 AMG
Originally Posted by jmueller
The link was broken the first time and I wasn't about to go find it on offleaseonly for myself. But the 2011 has the performance package. Would be nice to be able to tell if it has the LSD. See if a member here, Valvestud, can run the data card for the car. As this is an early 2011 car, you also have the headbolts to worry about.

Funny thats how I ended up here. I was wondering if that 08 had LSD and I was on reading posts. Both cars have vin listed and if someone could run then that would be AWESOME and id feel a lot better about moving forward.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:25 PM

Jag F-Type V8
Well, if you make the decision to bite the bullet, I'd love to head up to palm beach international raceway with you.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:31 PM

c63 AMG
Well, if you make the decision to bite the bullet, I'd love to head up to palm beach international raceway with you.

hahah and so it begins.

Ive read some comments on the reliability of the c63 and even with that im a firm believer in taking care of a machine and doing maintenance they should run great. I was already telling myself I didnt want to drive this like a 20 year old. But I guess we all know there is a reason we all gravitate to this car and its not because it drives like an S5.
So yeah im sure Ill be out there running down the strip sooner than later.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:54 PM

Jag F-Type V8
Originally Posted by djtroy
hahah and so it begins.

Ive read some comments on the reliability of the c63 and even with that im a firm believer in taking care of a machine and doing maintenance they should run great. I was already telling myself I didnt want to drive this like a 20 year old. But I guess we all know there is a reason we all gravitate to this car and its not because it drives like an S5.
So yeah im sure Ill be out there running down the strip sooner than later.
You're only driving it like a teenager if you are pulling 1/4 times on the street. I think it's perfectly acceptable to burn off some of the carbon deposits at the track. These cars are designed to be out through their paces.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:56 PM

c63 AMG
You're only driving it like a teenager if you are pulling 1/4 times on the street. I think it's perfectly acceptable to burn off some of the carbon deposits at the track. These cars are designed to be out through their paces.

Cabon buildup was the excuse I used to tear my old M5 up. Anyways yeah ill let you know what I do and would def love to get together for a track meet up.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
... two laps at a time. lol.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:47 PM

c63 AMG
This forum just spammed my Facebook damn I guess the secret is out now that im getting a new car....drama
Damn I wish I saw that little check box.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Post the vins in this thread if you want Valvestud to look them up. Only the 2011 as all previous have the head bolt issue unless you want general option info.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...t-working.html
Old 08-21-2014, 12:12 AM

c63 AMG
I drove the c63 and the seats were not going to work for me. Im too wide and my girl is too skinny. Her arms were out by her ***** the whole time and I was feeling pretty crushed.
Went with a brand new Audi s3 the first one in Florida was delivered today. I might be the first one to even own one.