E63 S or 507 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by jordanaf
Guys-

I appreciate the feedback, but you all left something out. It's not just a E63, it's an EC63S. Big difference.

And yes, I agree. Regular sedan(EC63), I'd keep my C63, but it's a EC63S wagon and I LOVE wagons. I am so torn, nut leaning towards going for it. I'm just gonna miss my C63 507 soooooo much!!! They did only offer me $50k for a car I paid $80+ just last September.

But still......................a EC63S wagon. Come on!!!!
You are getting raped with your trade in! If you can live with a loss of depreciation to your wallet then go for the wagon you clearly want it!
Old 08-29-2014, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by Tal@ACGAutomotive
E63S Wagon FTW.

BTW.... Matte white wagon here in SD with full carbon package if you aren't feeling the grey
How much for that wagon Tal?
Old 08-29-2014, 01:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by alexmtl
So you'll have the RWD fun car with the GT3. I'd say go for the 4WD monster E63S Wagon ! You'll have the best of both words.
Agreed. Not that you need a 4WD in Austin, but if you are going to have a GT3, why not go for either a Cayenne Turbo, or an E Wagon. Now you have two cars, one for hauling stuff fast, and one for hauling yourself around corners.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jordan go get that wagon or I'll buy it for you! Lol!
I'm in the same boat. I was deciding between a BS/gtr or e63s. Got the gtr out of the picture because I have kids and meed practical backseats. Although I drove the gtr and loved it! E63s seems to be a good compromise between family and performance car. And the fact that the W204 is coming to an end made me leaning towards the E.
As for the sale price you know you can get a few $$$ off being a 2014 MY. Or maybe you are a USAA member? Either way I think you can get $7k off msrp. GL
Old 08-29-2014, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
+1 for the Wagon!

I got my father into the E63S 4M Sedan and he loves it! It is such a sleeper! Dont forget about how capable the car is with 4matic! You wont regret getting into the E at all -Its a very good price for the car. You might be able to get more for your C63 selling privately.

E63 S or 507 sedan-0rxoh41.jpg
Old 08-29-2014, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
The wagon is rare, but in all honesty as much as I love the estates. I feel the E class is too large. The C63 Estate on the other hand is sick!

Cant really go wrong bro. The 507 may be more of a collectors item later on if you are planning on keeping the car for a while.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
That wagon is gorgeous. I'm a huge wagon lover myself. The rarity factor of the E63s wagon and the fact that they had one in stock for you to drive is tempting. See what numbers they're willing to do for the wagon, since they seem pretty set on the number for your trade in.
Originally Posted by rediesel
All E63 wagons are S models and they are completely bad@$$. My dealer had a sedean and it was really nice and tempting, but I'd want the wagon. Did they really only offer you 50 for you 507?
Originally Posted by AMG6.3
You are getting raped with your trade in! If you can live with a loss of depreciation to your wallet then go for the wagon you clearly want it!
Originally Posted by Kriston
The wagon is rare, but in all honesty as much as I love the estates. I feel the E class is too large. The C63 Estate on the other hand is sick!

Cant really go wrong bro. The 507 may be more of a collectors item later on if you are planning on keeping the car for a while.

I'm NOT trading in my 507!!!!!!

This is an additional and separate purchase. I would never part with my 507. So a lot of the comments are nullified. I already worked a deal on the EC63S wagon. The 507 is not part of it. I will have my 507, the EC3S wagon, and eventually the GT3-RS(hopefully). It's very hard to find one. But yes, they did only offer my $50 for my 507, but no matter. It was never in the negotiation.

Quite a stable I'd have.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:34 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
I'm NOT trading in my 507!!!!!!

This is an additional and separate purchase. I would never part with my 507. So a lot of the comments are nullified. I already worked a deal on the EC63S wagon. The 507 is not part of it. I will have my 507, the EC3S wagon, and eventually the GT3-RS(hopefully). It's very hard to find one. But yes, they did only offer my $50 for my 507, but no matter. It was never in the negotiation.

Quite a stable I'd have.
Great choice. If you can have them both, might as well.

Please don't forget to post pics when you take delivery. I saw one the other day smoking a Murcielago!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
I think ur post was very confusing to most including myself. I thought u were getting the GT3 & trading ur 507 for 50k$ which u mentionned u only had since last september.

Well if u r keeping the 507, definitely buy the wagon as an addition to ur collection. But if u r keeping the 507 & is in the position where u have to decide between the wagon or the GT3, GT3 all the way. Lol
Old 08-29-2014, 08:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
That white sedan looks 10000000x better than the wagon. Sorry thats just me. Wagons look too much like a hearse to me. LOL.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by Roswell
I think ur post was very confusing to most including myself. I thought u were getting the GT3 & trading ur 507 for 50k$ which u mentionned u only had since last september.

Well if u r keeping the 507, definitely buy the wagon as an addition to ur collection. But if u r keeping the 507 & is in the position where u have to decide between the wagon or the GT3, GT3 all the way. Lol
Sorry for the confusion. Wasn't meaning to be unclear. I was just mentioning as an aside that they ridiculously only offered me $50k for my 507. It was never up for trade. I'm keeping it "forever". Anyway, no decision for the GT3 either. That isn't even here. It's about a year and a half away.

The wagon is an independent purchase. No choices, no trades or compromising involved. However, after spending time in it today, they gave me a few more miles in it, I'm less excited about it. Another thing pissing me off, they are not budging from the MSRP. Really frustrating. One because it's a 2014 and two because I have bought 5 cars from them. They are stuck at MSRP. The GT3 is coming with no compromise down the road. I'm loyal to my 507.

Originally Posted by YellowJacket
That white sedan looks 10000000x better than the wagon. Sorry thats just me. Wagons look too much like a hearse to me. LOL.
Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love my 507 and the looks are just killer. However, the E offers a lot more room for my daughter and her friends. I'm not giving up my 507, but I do need a car with a different purpose. I don't mind the look of it and the engine is incredible. I think my 507 could take it. I just need another vehicle to accommodate the kids.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Did you look at the RS6? It looks sick.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
^^^Yeah I did. Looks menacing sick. Maybe it was an older article, but it stated that it was not coming to the states. Major bummer. I was gonna keep in the MB family, but the wagon is about the badest I have ever seen. The looks are evil and the engine is killer. Would love to sport. I might have to go to Audi tomorrow and see if it has made it stateside yet.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Sorry for the confusion. Wasn't meaning to be unclear. I was just mentioning as an aside that they ridiculously only offered me $50k for my 507. It was never up for trade. I'm keeping it "forever". Anyway, no decision for the GT3 either. That isn't even here. It's about a year and a half away.

The wagon is an independent purchase. No choices, no trades or compromising involved. However, after spending time in it today, they gave me a few more miles in it, I'm less excited about it. Another thing pissing me off, they are not budging from the MSRP. Really frustrating. One because it's a 2014 and two because I have bought 5 cars from them. They are stuck at MSRP. The GT3 is coming with no compromise down the road. I'm loyal to my 507.

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love my 507 and the looks are just killer. However, the E offers a lot more room for my daughter and her friends. I'm not giving up my 507, but I do need a car with a different purpose. I don't mind the look of it and the engine is incredible. I think my 507 could take it. I just need another vehicle to accommodate the kids.

Do you HAVE to have that exact wagon at that dealer? There's plenty of dealers around the nation that are willing to deal below MSRP. I got well below MSRP on my ordered 15 E63 Wagon and someone local got below invoice on a 14 E63 sedan sitting on the lot. If your dealer doesn't want to deal shop elsewhere, there's quite a few E63 Wagons sitting on the lots of dealers waiting for a good home. Today it's so easy to buy a car from out of state and just have it shipped, especially if the deal is right.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VaclavSV
+1 for the Wagon!

I got my father into the E63S 4M Sedan and he loves it! It is such a sleeper! Dont forget about how capable the car is with 4matic! You wont regret getting into the E at all -Its a very good price for the car. You might be able to get more for your C63 selling privately.

Man that plate holder on the BS is awful !!! lol
Old 08-30-2014, 07:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
Do it. You only live once and all of our driving these amazing autos is total whimsy, so just do it.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:09 AM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s

MB Austin and MB Georgetown aren't the easiest to work with. I've tried to work with them in the past with no luck. Park Place or even out of state has worked out better for me.

If you want something different, maybe look at a 2014 M5 with comp pack? I went from a C63 to the M5 looking for a little more room for my kids and a little more luxury and it hasn't disappointed. And there are plenty of dealers willing to work with you on an M5. Plus there are likely plenty of pre-owned out there. Just a thought.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Guys-

Thanks for all the responses and ideas. I'm going back to the dealership, as they have my deposit check, and am going to try and r=negotiate a discount. IF not, I agree with all of you and am going to walk away. I'm NOT paying MSRP for it, or anything really. I've started the search already for one elsewhere.

Many, many thanks!!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm pretty sure you could get that car down to $99000. GL
Old 08-30-2014, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 507 Sedan
I am not into wagons myself, but as a 507 sedan owner, I would probably stick with it over the E63S sedan. I just love the character, smaller format, and aggressive styling.

If I were in the market for two sports sedans, I would probably go with an M3/M5 instead of E.. Just to mix it up a bit. Or wait 3-5 yrs and get the new E or CLS amg
Old 08-30-2014, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by Shellbmb
MB Austin and MB Georgetown aren't the easiest to work with. I've tried to work with them in the past with no luck. Park Place or even out of state has worked out better for me.

If you want something different, maybe look at a 2014 M5 with comp pack? I went from a C63 to the M5 looking for a little more room for my kids and a little more luxury and it hasn't disappointed. And there are plenty of dealers willing to work with you on an M5. Plus there are likely plenty of pre-owned out there. Just a thought.
Originally Posted by abcut973
I'm pretty sure you could get that car down to $99000. GL

Yeah, I'm really pissed and got into it with my salesman today. They are not budging off the MSRP of $107k. And I have purchased 5 cars from them. *******g ridiculous. I explained to them that my loyalty is there and that it's a 2014 with a 2015 coming soon. MB Austin and Georgetown aren't too friendly to deal with.

My SP came back at me with the whole "we are building a relationship and that's more important than money off the MSRP" thing. Ridiculous. I told him I was looking other places and that I had found a few for less than MSRP. He also knows that I'm on here(the forum) and I echoed some of thoughts that you guys had. He jumped into, "I live my life as a free thinker and I do what I want and don't care what others have to say." I was making the point that they need to come off MSRP. What a money grubber he is!!! Free thinker. I am too, but it doesn't hurt to hear others that have a solid plan or good advice. I can still take it or leave it. So, I'm probably not picking up the wagon. I want one though, just not from them. They instantly put it front and center in the showroom and told me that it'll go. Good for them. But can you believe the money grubbing?? Unbelievable!!
Old 08-30-2014, 03:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
How are they building a relationship? Relationships take compromise. He is only trying to build his bank account. That free thinker line is hilariously idiotic. Kind of like saying, "people told me not to **** on the electric fence, but I think for myself so now it bleeds when I pee."
Old 08-30-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Yeah, I'm really pissed and got into it with my salesman today. They are not budging off the MSRP of $107k. And I have purchased 5 cars from them. *******g ridiculous. I explained to them that my loyalty is there and that it's a 2014 with a 2015 coming soon. MB Austin and Georgetown aren't too friendly to deal with.

My SP came back at me with the whole "we are building a relationship and that's more important than money off the MSRP" thing. Ridiculous. I told him I was looking other places and that I had found a few for less than MSRP. He also knows that I'm on here(the forum) and I echoed some of thoughts that you guys had. He jumped into, "I live my life as a free thinker and I do what I want and don't care what others have to say." I was making the point that they need to come off MSRP. What a money grubber he is!!! Free thinker. I am too, but it doesn't hurt to hear others that have a solid plan or good advice. I can still take it or leave it. So, I'm probably not picking up the wagon. I want one though, just not from them. They instantly put it front and center in the showroom and told me that it'll go. Good for them. But can you believe the money grubbing?? Unbelievable!!
Relationship? Why? I guess they think they are doing you a favor by having a car to sell you. MB Austin was the only game in town for the longest time and I guess they sell enough cars to keep that attitude. I've given them several opportunities to sell me a car. All I asked them was to match the deal I was getting elsewhere. And they refused. Oh well. They still gladly service my cars and I promptly get a loaner.

Rarely do they even have an AMG in stock, so I think when they do, it's a big deal. Drive up to Park Place and they have tons! And are happy to let you drive them. No wonder I bought from them.

But I agree with the other poster, look at the M5. I got 10k off MSRP without hardly asking. And the technology is a real improvement over the E. The heads up display is really cool!! Granted, it's not quite as visceral as an AMG, but it's no slouch. Yes, exhaust noise is piped in, but you can code that out easily.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
They are obviously not building a relationship with you. Do they think they are the only dealership in the entire country? Buy the wagon from somewhere else and head back there and make sure they can see another dealer's license plate frame on your new car.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
U bought 5 Benz from u & they can't give u a discount on the wagon? They obviously don't want to keep u as a customer. What a joke! Look elsewhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 S or 507 sedan