Old 08-30-2014, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E92 M3
cant believe people like these wagons
Old 08-30-2014, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Well if you want the wagon shop elsewhere!! They'll probably sell that car to an uneducated buyer.
You could probably get more off MSRP on a M5 but I wouldn't buy anything other than the competition package. Still the E63S makes more power than the latter
Old 08-30-2014, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by jordanaf
Yeah, I'm really pissed and got into it with my salesman today. They are not budging off the MSRP of $107k. And I have purchased 5 cars from them. *******g ridiculous. I explained to them that my loyalty is there and that it's a 2014 with a 2015 coming soon. MB Austin and Georgetown aren't too friendly to deal with.

My SP came back at me with the whole "we are building a relationship and that's more important than money off the MSRP" thing. Ridiculous. I told him I was looking other places and that I had found a few for less than MSRP. He also knows that I'm on here(the forum) and I echoed some of thoughts that you guys had. He jumped into, "I live my life as a free thinker and I do what I want and don't care what others have to say." I was making the point that they need to come off MSRP. What a money grubber he is!!! Free thinker. I am too, but it doesn't hurt to hear others that have a solid plan or good advice. I can still take it or leave it. So, I'm probably not picking up the wagon. I want one though, just not from them. They instantly put it front and center in the showroom and told me that it'll go. Good for them. But can you believe the money grubbing?? Unbelievable!!

There's a new E63 AMG S Wagon local (to me) for sale in Palladium on Black with the CC brakes. Let me know if you need a contact to a good salesperson friend of mine from that dealer.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
Taking a 30k hit in one year is bad enough. But I would NEVER trade my C63 507 in for a wagon or an E. That's just me.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
There's a new E63 AMG S Wagon local (to me) for sale in Palladium on Black with the CC brakes. Let me know if you need a contact to a good salesperson friend of mine from that dealer.
Isn't that one of MB Bellevue with $120k MSRP?
Old 08-31-2014, 01:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Yeah, I'm really pissed and got into it with my salesman today. They are not budging off the MSRP of $107k. And I have purchased 5 cars from them. *******g ridiculous. I explained to them that my loyalty is there and that it's a 2014 with a 2015 coming soon. MB Austin and Georgetown aren't too friendly to deal with.

My SP came back at me with the whole "we are building a relationship and that's more important than money off the MSRP" thing. Ridiculous. I told him I was looking other places and that I had found a few for less than MSRP. He also knows that I'm on here(the forum) and I echoed some of thoughts that you guys had. He jumped into, "I live my life as a free thinker and I do what I want and don't care what others have to say." I was making the point that they need to come off MSRP. What a money grubber he is!!! Free thinker. I am too, but it doesn't hurt to hear others that have a solid plan or good advice. I can still take it or leave it. So, I'm probably not picking up the wagon. I want one though, just not from them. They instantly put it front and center in the showroom and told me that it'll go. Good for them. But can you believe the money grubbing?? Unbelievable!!
Comes Jan it'll be a year old and they'll be lucky selling it for $90K. Walk bro, there are many more out there.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by edwardsflight33
How are they building a relationship? Relationships take compromise. He is only trying to build his bank account. That free thinker line is hilariously idiotic. Kind of like saying, "people told me not to **** on the electric fence, but I think for myself so now it bleeds when I pee."

Yeah, exactly what I was saying. It was all about the SP commission. He was giving me the hard sell ,but in a way that he thought was appealing to my " I like you side." is isn't about friendship, its about a dollar amount.

Originally Posted by Shellbmb
Relationship? Why? I guess they think they are doing you a favor by having a car to sell you. MB Austin was the only game in town for the longest time and I guess they sell enough cars to keep that attitude. I've given them several opportunities to sell me a car. All I asked them was to match the deal I was getting elsewhere. And they refused. Oh well. They still gladly service my cars and I promptly get a loaner.

Rarely do they even have an AMG in stock, so I think when they do, it's a big deal. Drive up to Park Place and they have tons! And are happy to let you drive them. No wonder I bought from them.

But I agree with the other poster, look at the M5. I got 10k off MSRP without hardly asking. And the technology is a real improvement over the E. The heads up display is really cool!! Granted, it's not quite as visceral as an AMG, but it's no slouch. Yes, exhaust noise is piped in, but you can code that out easily.
Yes I agree, MB Austin is really bad. And you are exactly right. They do not get many AMG's and when they do they feel it's an "honor" to sell them. And at a premium. I guess there are enough idiots in Austin that have plenty of money and will pay whatever the dealer tells em. They have this weird attitude that aMG's are super rare and deserve a super premium. I certainly am not one to pay whatever the dealer tells me. Especially being in the know, I'm no newbie to AMG. And the talk about relationship............Ha

Originally Posted by otakki
They are obviously not building a relationship with you. Do they think they are the only dealership in the entire country? Buy the wagon from somewhere else and head back there and make sure they can see another dealer's license plate frame on your new car.
I'd love to do that. Because as I've said, building the relationship further would have been to discount the car. After being a loyal customer and a multi car purchaser, give me a *******g break. You don't build a relationship by ultra-padding the SP's pocket. You build a relationship by offer a vehicle at a reasonable price while still making money. I do understand that the SP and dealership need to make some money. But gouging a loyal customer, rubbish!!

Originally Posted by Roswell
U bought 5 Benz from u & they can't give u a discount on the wagon? They obviously don't want to keep u as a customer. What a joke! Look elsewhere.
Thank you. I am looking elsewhere. Meng, is this not a joke? It's clear they don't care about me as a customer and just want money. And the max that they can get. Well, not from me.

Originally Posted by Mike3
cant believe people like these wagons
Listen Bimmer fan, we do love these wagons. Go somewhere else with your bulls*it!! Enjoy your 3 series elsewhere. This forum is for us that understand cars and know what is the proper German brand to drive. Have fun with your little toy! We drive real cars here. AMG

Originally Posted by abcut973
Well if you want the wagon shop elsewhere!! They'll probably sell that car to an uneducated buyer.
You could probably get more off MSRP on a M5 but I wouldn't buy anything other than the competition package. Still the E63S makes more power than the latter
Thanks. I'm looking elsewhere. No way I'd buy from them now. I don't really care for the M5. I did a few years ago, but don't like the direction they went. That E63S wagon will go to someone that didn't do any research and has money to burn. An idiot basically. I do my due diligence, especially when it comes to $100k.

I'll let you know. And I really appreciate it. I love all you guys here on this forum. Everyone is here to help or give an opinion. I bow to you in respect.

Originally Posted by -Marlin-
Taking a 30k hit in one year is bad enough. But I would NEVER trade my C63 507 in for a wagon or an E. That's just me.
Yeah, I misrepresented the title. I was NEVER gonna trade my 507. I absolutely love it and am going to keep it, forever maybe. And it was only a $30k hit to MB Austin. Porsche offered me $69k for it. MB Austin, greedy ***** f'ers!!!

Originally Posted by OC6.3AMG
Comes Jan it'll be a year old and they'll be lucky selling it for $90K. Walk bro, there are many more out there.
Thanks, I feel the same way. And believe me, I have already walked. They have called me twice already wanting to talk. Too little, too late. It's already old and they have made a good deal on it. Too bad for them. Someone else will want my business.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:52 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Thanks, I feel the same way. And believe me, I have already walked. They have called me twice already wanting to talk. Too little, too late. It's already old and they have made a good deal on it. Too bad for them. Someone else will want my business.
When shopping for a C63, my dealer didn't budge on the price so I walked, they called few times and I didn't answer and the car sat there for another 10 months and they eventually sold it on eBay nearly $20K below what they offered me.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Isn't that one of MB Bellevue with $120k MSRP?
Yup
Old 08-31-2014, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yup
Would your friend sell it for $20k off MSRP?
Old 08-31-2014, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by OC6.3AMG
When shopping for a C63, my dealer didn't budge on the price so I walked, they called few times and I didn't answer and the car sat there for another 10 months and they eventually sold it on eBay nearly $20K below what they offered me.

Yeah, I'm halfway watching it. Just curious how long it's gonna sit there. Or if it goes, I wonder what idiot gets taken.

"Don't worry about price, it's about our relationship." Ha!! Can't believe he actual said that. How much commission was he expecting? I didn't just walk, I ran.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
When I was negotiating with multiple dealerships for my C63, I had a couple that refused my offer that was below asking price. I learned to leave the offer along with my phone number after the refusal.....two called me a week later to accept at which point I'd drop the offer another grand just because.

Food for thought. No today just means they think they will get the asking price tomorrow. When they don't, you're phone will ring. Car salesman are very low on the totem pole of life. Most aren't educated and the ones that are usually failed at something else first. Men's Watehouse can make anyone look like they know what they are doing.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Would your friend sell it for $20k off MSRP?
That's a bit rich, I doubt it.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:19 AM

2014 E63 S AMG
I think % discount is all about timing. In early August I got 7% below MSRP (slightly below dealer invoice) on my first purchase with this dealer. It was the last 2014 E63 S on the lot. I was looking for a lighter color and would not have ordered the split screen. Other that, the car was optioned perfectly for me. I understand there are lots of factory incentives to dealers to unload cars right now.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by splab
I think % discount is all about timing. In early August I got 7% below MSRP (slightly below dealer invoice) on my first purchase with this dealer. It was the last 2014 E63 S on the lot. I was looking for a lighter color and would not have ordered the split screen. Other that, the car was optioned perfectly for me. I understand there are lots of factory incentives to dealers to unload cars right now.
Do you mind elaborate a little bit more on the incentives/cash dealer or else?
That would help others in the hunting phase to be aware and prepared for negotiation.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Well, well, well. Surprise, surprise!!!

Just got an email from the General Sales Manager of MB Austin, where the E63S Wagon is. She sent a long email about how she understands that I want a good deal on the vehicle and that she understood my feelings completely. The feelings I had about my disdain for the SP and MB stating that "our" relationship of car buying/selling was more important than the selling price of the car. And I quote, " Vehicles are replaceable, but a great customer like you is not."

She stated that they normally don't discount AMG vehicles, as they don't get many in their inventory anyway. But she would like me to come see her on Tuesday and that she's sure she can "work out something that will make me happy."

Can you guys believe this sh*t. Just as many of you have had the same experience. I walked, they are sitting with it now, and are now calling me to come get it at a FINALLY discounted price. I'm not even interested in their offer. They soured me on the deal and I wouldn't buy that car unless is was seriously discounted. I'll let her call a few more times and then casually ask what they have in mind.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Last edited by jordanaf; 09-02-2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-02-2014, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah it's the same typical dealer game BS or as what I like to call it- wasting time. BTW you've got PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Well, well, well. Surprise, surprise!!!

Just got an email from the General Sales Manager of MB Austin, where the E63S Wagon is. She sent a long email about who she understands that I want a good deal on the vehicle and that she understood my feelings completely. The feelings I had about my disdain for the SP and MB stating that "our" relationship of car buying/selling was more important than the selling price of the car. And I quote, " Vehicles are replaceable, but a great customer like you is not."

She stated that they normally don't discount AMG vehicles, as they don't get many in their inventory anyway. But she would like me to come see her on Tuesday and that she's sure she can "work out something that will make me happy."

Can you guys believe this sh*t. Just as many of you have had the same experience. I walked, they are sitting with it now, and are now calling me to come get it at a FINALLY discounted price. I'm not even interested in their offer. They soured me on the deal and I wouldn't buy that car unless is was seriously discounted. I'll let her call a few more times and then casually ask what they have in mind.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
Hahaha I love it. Play hard to get.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E63S
E63 all day!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 PM

Lots
not buying almost any of this.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
At the end of the day, get whatever makes YOU happy.

If you like wagon and its a great deal to your liking, then go for it.

As a side note, personally, the C AMG would be the last thing I would get if comparing vs. the Wagon AMG or the E AMG
Old 09-12-2014, 10:12 AM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Used wagon for sale in Dallas.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...76653916&Log=0
Old 09-12-2014, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well that one has been sitting for quite a while. So i bet it will fall under the $100k mark. It started around $109k.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
But gouging a loyal customer, rubbish!!

Listen Bimmer fan, we do love these wagons. Go somewhere else with your bulls*it!! Enjoy your 3 series elsewhere. This forum is for us that understand cars and know what is the proper German brand to drive. Have fun with your little toy! We drive real cars here. AMG
How is attempting to sell a car at MSRP gouging? Perhaps you shouldn't use words you don't understand.

the rest of your post is pretty silly.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:03 PM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Fwiw.....when I bought my '14 wagon in November I paid $7k over MSRP for the car and within 30days dealer had called back multiple times to buy it back for more than I paid for one of their "loyal" customers.....when I bought mine there were 2 on the ground and for sale in the us though so the field of choice was more than slim and definitely stacked in MB's favor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 S or 507 sedan