Possible Sticky: Tips, Tricks and Quick Reference

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Possible Sticky: Tips, Tricks and Quick Reference

I think it would be a great idea if we had a sticky section that dealt with many of the preliminary questions a new C 63 owner might ask, as well as to all of the little tips and tricks that the guys that have been driving these cars for years know but the newbies don't.

For instance, when I had my 2009 C63, there were all sorts of little European parts you could put on the car that weren't offered by MBZ in the United States. One of them was a really nice shifter console that had a sliding lid on it and was a vast improvement over the rubber armrest and chrome ring cupholders that we still have today in the stock C63.

I just picked up a 507 and I've already come on here and asked what is the widest tire I can run without modification, where can I get the little rubber mat that takes the place of the cigarette lighter, and I'm about to ask what I can do about that hideous yellow reflector on my front fenders.

I'm probably also about to ask about whether there are any little hidden menus or performance nuances that these cars have that the manual wont explain to you and you long timers have figured out only after spending many hours in the driver seat of your cars.

Anyone agree?

Last edited by HBC350; 12-15-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Yea not a bad idea...perhaps you should do up a post and then the mods might make it a sticky if it contains useful enough information.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Good idea.

Service menu. Dyno mode.
Key pos.1
Hold accept (on steering wheel ) almost same time hold OK on opposite side and will get you into service menu. (Hold for few sec)

There was another one on preface lift car where u hold few buttons on the radio. Anyone know ?
Old 12-15-2014, 09:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 ATS-V
I agree, there needs to be a sticky thread with some definitive answers to some of the more common questions that come up so often such as tires, brakes, oil, etc... and it needs to also be specific to PFL vs FL cars if necessary. For example, with tire sizes, the back and forth on 255/265/275 is great, but not enough people specify if they are running 18's or 19's? That has a huge impact when I'm searching and makes it that much more frustrating to try and find the answer I need.

A search can sometimes turn up so much information it's actually useless, because to find anything worth while you have to wade through the sea of crap first.

Last edited by johnny--2k; 12-15-2014 at 09:28 AM.