C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

V5 Eurocharged tune experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 PP+, 2014
Post V5 Eurocharged tune experience

Hello gentlemen, so yesterday I have received my tune file from Eurocharged. I have a 2014 C63 AMG coupe with the performance package P31 (Not 507, registered in MY2013, and MY14 model). I took my car to the dyno before the tune in which my engine generated 427 whp and 511 hp, that was crazy for a stock c63. However, after installing the eurocharged v5 tune, the sound of the upshifts have changed a little bit to be more aggressive, although the downshift barks every time on every gear (depending on the RPM). Performance wise, the car became very responsive, before when I used to press on the accelerator, the car actually took time to respond, whereas now its very responsive, the speed limit is gone, and the car just feels different, a little different that im in love with it. I will keep you updated of my dyno result after the tune.

Please ask me any questions if you like about the tune, and please excuse my English as its not my first language =) .

Last edited by Hussain.c63; 12-24-2014 at 02:40 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 E63s
Thanks for the info;

How was the installation process from start to finish. I would like to do this tune but I have an uneasy feeling about it.

thanks
Old 12-24-2014, 09:41 AM

C63 PP+, 2014
Smile reply

Originally Posted by longbow0404
Thanks for the info;

How was the installation process from start to finish. I would like to do this tune but I have an uneasy feeling about it.

thanks
Hello. So what happens is that you contact eurocharged either by email or their phone number which is in their site>get a quote>they send you an invoice and you pay online (quickbooks)>they ship you the remote handheld in 1 or 2 days>then you connect your new handheld in the the car>you have to extract your car's ID file> upload to the pc and send them the file in the same time you have to tell then what mods you have> in 2 hours they send you back the new tune file> and you connect your device to the car and follow the instructions on the screen and that's it really while it writes the new file to the ecu. Couldn't be much easier! Plus even in the future if you installed headers or an air box they will tune it again free of charge. If you would like to know more do not hesitate to ask. And sorry bout my English as its not my first language. Merry Xmas =)
Old 12-24-2014, 10:33 AM

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 E63s
Thank you. I'm ready to order but I was a little confused.

Thank you again for the explanation. Merry Christmas to you too
Old 12-24-2014, 10:34 AM

c63
Thanks for the info;

thanks
Hello!
Regarding the V5 tune installation, i completed this with ease despite not being particulatly computer literate!
Once the handheld is received you need to email EC to have it authorised.
Then pop the usb key and upload the software.
Attach myGenius to computer/laptop with supplied cable and update the device, there are 4 'folders' with the software these are :
1-download from myGenius
2-upload to myGenius
3-info
4-update - this is the first procedure you should do once you get the auth.code from EC.
Once your device is fully updated (i kept updating around 3 times to make sure!) attach the obd cable that came with it and head to your car
Put OBD into the connector which is located under the steering wheel next to pedals and the device will "work" i.e you know it is plugged in correctly!
Just follow the instructions on the device starting with "work" to download your current ecu file it is an fpf file you require.
Once this is complete detach the cable and back to your comp.or laptop.
Plug is with usb cable again and you can access the 'upload to myGenius' section - it will be highlighted
Then locate the fpf file and save it to my docs or something
You can then upload the file directly from your computer to EC via email.
Once you receive the modified file back which is a myG file, save to my docs, plug in myGenius and download that file to the device.
Back to the car and plug in etc. Start with "work" and upload the myG file following onscreen instructions
Once the mod.file is uploading the parking sensors and fan kick in which was scary! then still following onscreen instructions etc. I had 'run errors' or something which threw me but i clicked 'ok' and the device completed around 30secs after with 'file successfully uploaded' or something along those lines! I unplugged and started the car, it sounds different so you will know if its been successful and when you drive you will notice the aggressive downshift, esp. 3 to 2
I also left the battery off overnight to reset tcu ecu etc which helped.
It was quick communication from EC as well, im in the UK!
Hope this helps
Old 12-24-2014, 10:46 AM

C63 PP+, 2014
Originally Posted by 6.3-amg
Hello!
Regarding the V5 tune installation, i completed this with ease despite not being particulatly computer literate!
Once the handheld is received you need to email EC to have it authorised.
Then pop the usb key and upload the software.
Attach myGenius to computer/laptop with supplied cable and update the device, there are 4 'folders' with the software these are :
1-download from myGenius
2-upload to myGenius
3-info
4-update - this is the first procedure you should do once you get the auth.code from EC.
Once your device is fully updated (i kept updating around 3 times to make sure!) attach the obd cable that came with it and head to your car
Put OBD into the connector which is located under the steering wheel next to pedals and the device will "work" i.e you know it is plugged in correctly!
Just follow the instructions on the device starting with "work" to download your current ecu file it is an fpf file you require.
Once this is complete detach the cable and back to your comp.or laptop.
Plug is with usb cable again and you can access the 'upload to myGenius' section - it will be highlighted
Then locate the fpf file and save it to my docs or something
You can then upload the file directly from your computer to EC via email.
Once you receive the modified file back which is a myG file, save to my docs, plug in myGenius and download that file to the device.
Back to the car and plug in etc. Start with "work" and upload the myG file following onscreen instructions
Once the mod.file is uploading the parking sensors and fan kick in which was scary! then still following onscreen instructions etc. I had 'run errors' or something which threw me but i clicked 'ok' and the device completed around 30secs after with 'file successfully uploaded' or something along those lines! I unplugged and started the car, it sounds different so you will know if its been successful and when you drive you will notice the aggressive downshift, esp. 3 to 2
I also left the battery off overnight to reset tcu ecu etc which helped.
It was quick communication from EC as well, im in the UK!
Hope this helps
This is beautiful. Im sure the other user will find this ververt useful. All the best =)
Old 12-24-2014, 10:47 AM

C63 PP+, 2014

Thank you. I'm ready to order but I was a little confused.

Thank you again for the explanation. Merry Christmas to you too
Your most welcome. All the best =)
Old 12-24-2014, 11:12 AM

c63
Originally Posted by Hussain.c63
This is beautiful. Im sure the other user will find this ververt useful. All the best =)
Thanks!
I took longer for me to write this than to carry out the V5 installation!!
Hope you are enjoying the remap
Old 12-24-2014, 11:16 AM

C63 PP+, 2014

Thanks!
I took longer for me to write this than to carry out the V5 installation!!
Hope you are enjoying the remap
Wow man.. sorry I thought you just copy pasted some inof there! that's crazy.. I'm sure people will be very thankful. yup the tune is just beautiful... The down shifts and the pull of the car is just phenomenal. hows ur experience ?
Old 12-24-2014, 11:36 AM

c63
Wow man.. sorry I thought you just copy pasted some inof there! that's crazy.. I'm sure people will be very thankful. yup the tune is just beautiful... The down shifts and the pull of the car is just phenomenal. hows ur experience ?
I wrote it as it was still fresh in my mind!!
Its a good tune for sure, definitely sharper from pick up, i have the 'basic' 457 model so makes a big difference.. Only trouble is its cold and wet here so i cant really push too much as i'll just end up facing the wrong way! Will be better to try it out in the spring or summer... if we get one
Old 12-24-2014, 01:13 PM

C63 PP+, 2014
Smile reply

I wrote it as it was still fresh in my mind!!
Its a good tune for sure, definitely sharper from pick up, i have the 'basic' 457 model so makes a big difference.. Only trouble is its cold and wet here so i cant really push too much as i'll just end up facing the wrong way! Will be better to try it out in the spring or summer... if we get one
That's true I agree man, I studied in north London for the past 4 years and I used a 2010 sls. I hated it, it drives like a c180 because of the traction caused of fog on the road or continuous rain. Currently i live in my home country in a dry and sometimes humid island just close to dubai and saudi Arabia, the grip is crazy good here as the government funds road works and the weather helps. One more thing, the warmer the car is the more powerful it performs as when I told my tuners about my drag run and they said I wasn't supposed to switch off the car between runs as it makes the engine cool, this is however completely opposite to corvettes or mustangs as they need to cool to perform. I have also generated 427 wheel horse power and had 511 horse power in the engine while stock (without tune), this is crazy while the dealership and specs papers said it is 487 hp in the engine only. That was good news lol, I'm keen to know how many whp I have gained after the tune. any dyno runs u did ?
Old 12-24-2014, 06:10 PM

C63 Coupe
My experience with the V5 wasn't good at all, was very disappointed with the performance I really think the tune didnt take on Mycoupe ? But I did have the more intense blips on downshifts and that was awesome,
But ran the car with the tune and once I unistalled it went back to strip and was actually faster without by 3mph average
Old 12-24-2014, 08:21 PM

2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
Originally Posted by MikeTc63
My experience with the V5 wasn't good at all, was very disappointed with the performance I really think the tune didnt take on Mycoupe ? But I did have the more intense blips on downshifts and that was awesome,
But ran the car with the tune and once I unistalled it went back to strip and was actually faster without by 3mph average
Kinda agree, the only thing I noticed from the v5 tune is a throttle position remap, the throttle is more sensitive but you can get that with a $25 plug that connects to your throttle on ebay.

My car already had a throttle blip upon downshifting when stock and because I have no secondary cat it was already pretty pronounced, not sure if the tune changed anything there.

On a base c63 maybe the tune makes sense but on a p31 I don't know it is worth the almost $700 I paid, unless I am missing something.

As a side note Eurocharged never asked me for a list of mods on my car they just sent me a file to upload to my car. I only have K&N, charcoal delete and secondary cat removed (replaced with x pipe) but should that require special tune or is that just close enough to stock?
Old 12-25-2014, 03:33 AM

C63 PP+, 2014
Reply to Mike.

Originally Posted by MikeTc63
Sorry to hear about that experience, I would contact eurocharged if i was you. I will also be posting the stock and v5 tune dyno run papers to this thread, i hope in the dyno run it will generate more whp.
Thanks
Old 12-25-2014, 03:38 AM

C63 PP+, 2014
Reply to exhibit13

Originally Posted by Exhibit13
Kinda agree, the only thing I noticed from the v5 tune is a throttle position remap, the throttle is more sensitive but you can get that with a $25 plug that connects to your throttle on ebay.

My car already had a throttle blip upon downshifting when stock and because I have no secondary cat it was already pretty pronounced, not sure if the tune changed anything there.

On a base c63 maybe the tune makes sense but on a p31 I don't know it is worth the almost $700 I paid, unless I am missing something.

As a side note Eurocharged never asked me for a list of mods on my car they just sent me a file to upload to my car. I only have K&N, charcoal delete and secondary cat removed (replaced with x pipe) but should that require special tune or is that just close enough to stock?
Hello, i actually feel my car has a better puling response in 2nd and 3rd gear although the pull in the 3rd gear is a 140% different in a better way. It is expensive, i agree with you, also many of my friends said i will hardly gain more power as the P31 is already tuned in the factory to generate more power compared to a normal c63. In your situation, an x-pipe, charcoal delete, and a replacement filter does not require a tune, although allowing eurocharged to tune your car while they know what mods you have on will actually make the car perform better and i can assure you that.

Please do not hesitate to ask as i will be happy to help.
Thanks
Old 12-25-2014, 04:41 AM

c63
Hello, i actually feel my car has a better puling response in 2nd and 3rd gear although the pull in the 3rd gear is a 140% different in a better way. It is expensive, i agree with you, also many of my friends said i will hardly gain more power as the P31 is already tuned in the factory to generate more power compared to a normal c63. In your situation, an x-pipe, charcoal delete, and a replacement filter does not require a tune, although allowing eurocharged to tune your car while they know what mods you have on will actually make the car perform better and i can assure you that.

Please do not hesitate to ask as i will be happy to help.
Thanks
Yeah i agree with Hussain, definite improvement in the lower gears... A lot more eager now and noticeable even if i input slight throttle at say 50mph. As i previously said mine is a base c63 so i would expect something noticeable!! When i first ordered i said in an email to EC the car spec,what fuel i used etc.
I dont have figures but will get to a dyno in January at some point.
Merry Christmas guys
Old 12-25-2014, 05:17 AM

C63 PP+, 2014
reply to 6.3-amg

Yeah i agree with Hussain, definite improvement in the lower gears... A lot more eager now and noticeable even if i input slight throttle at say 50mph. As i previously said mine is a base c63 so i would expect something noticeable!! When i first ordered i said in an email to EC the car spec,what fuel i used etc.
I dont have figures but will get to a dyno in January at some point.
Merry Christmas guys
Cool! let us know please the dyno results. All the best! Merry Christmas to you to.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order

of course they need those mods you opened up your exhaust for more flow..im surprised you don't get CEL with 2nd cat delete on a stock tune...i did, they have to disable 2 sensors..my car ran like normal when this happen because it wasn't routing things properly i guess
Old 12-25-2014, 04:16 PM

C63 PP+, 2014

Originally Posted by avery.whss
of course they need those mods you opened up your exhaust for more flow..im surprised you don't get CEL with 2nd cat delete on a stock tune...i did, they have to disable 2 sensors..my car ran like normal when this happen because it wasn't routing things properly i guess
Kinda agree too, although the person or factory which is going to custom the X pipe for you can actually do a housing for those 2 sensors so they won't be disabled, therefore if the sensors are there you wouldn't see an CEL. although yes it is shocking how the cel didn't come up in your situation.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:54 AM

2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
Kinda agree too, although the person or factory which is going to custom the X pipe for you can actually do a housing for those 2 sensors so they won't be disabled, therefore if the sensors are there you wouldn't see an CEL. although yes it is shocking how the cel didn't come up in your situation.

There was no CEL, from what I understand this is because the sensors are before the secondary cats. Because of that it doesn't matter is the cats are there or gone.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:56 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 AMG
P31 owner with the EC V5 tune. Nothing but good things to say so far. It really "livens" up the car.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:09 AM

2010 c63 (p31) w/LSD
Originally Posted by Razzy
P31 owner with the EC V5 tune. Nothing but good things to say so far. It really "livens" up the car.

Curious what do you specifically notice besides a more responsive throttle?

Next couple days I should get a chance to drive the car hard and want to be looking for some specifics.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2015, 10:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ml55, Ml63, Porsche, C63S ED1

P30 here and there is still a difference. According to other tuners P30 package still only opens throttle no more than 90% wod. Any tuner opens it to 100% like black series or 507 version. The rest above 507hp is all mapping for higher fuel octane and optimal performance for tuned cars. I believe the tuned versions don't have tolerances for lower octane fuels even in emergency situations while stock can retard timing if u put lower than 91 octane even for brief moment. In fact I think the tune sometimes is too aggressive even for 91 octane it still pings and knocks with cheap gas.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:26 PM

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
C63
I just EuroCharged my stock (Euro) 457bhp C63 and now I guess I can now say that I know what all the fuss is about, after some brief testing anyway.

It's cold, slippery and not great for testing anything really but it shifts VERY well in comparison; responsive and relentless climbing in revs.
I've always praised this engine for the fact that it revs so happily and keeps on producing power right to the top of the rev counter (especially in comparison to my turbocharged cars) but this surpasses stock and makes the stock map seem like the engine was being totally strangled.
In a way, 5k revs+ reminds me of turbocharged power delivery as it really likes to just nail you in the back with a power surge and at which point you had better be paying attention. That's as far as I got, just a few 2nd-3rd gear sprints. When it's dry I'll have s better opinion when I can open it up.

Other things to note...

- Cold start is louder and deeper.
- During normal driving/cruising the V8 rumble is louder and deeper from the exhaust; very muscle car-like.
- Static revving again is louder and deeper at low revs but the AMG bark and snap is still there up top; again louder but also snappier.
- Crackles and snaps when gear changing or over run; there are lots more of those and loud.
- Throttle blip? I figured the standard blip was loud but this is something else. I've never seen a street full of heads snap round so quickly at my car when I've rolled from second to first gear approaching a red light.
Downshift blips also tend to be accompanied by loud snaps from the exhaust when you're driving more aggressively.

I've tuned a few cars now in this manner, at home with a hand held unit (those who've used Cobb Tuning before can identify) and I can say that this is no different. The first time that I ever did this my heart was racing in case it all went bad but I'm used to it now so sit back and do as the device says (use the .PDF guide that is supplied on your USB stick to help). You will hear pumps humming, the fans come on and see a series of dashboard lights but follow the instructions and you'll be ok.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-03-2015, 02:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ml55, Ml63, Porsche, C63S ED1
When I got the P30 I felt it was already more horses than I would want. I got used to it so I put the Eurocharged upgrade and got over 500+ hp, I felt like again why would I need more horses. Now I'm getting headers, I'll probably feel it's still not enough. Short end of it, is you can never have enough until its to the point you can't control the power on the freeway.

Originally Posted by Cozy
I just EuroCharged my stock (Euro) 457bhp C63 and now I guess I can now say that I know what all the fuss is about, after some brief testing anyway.

It's cold, slippery and not great for testing anything really but it shifts VERY well in comparison; responsive and relentless climbing in revs.
I've always praised this engine for the fact that it revs so happily and keeps on producing power right to the top of the rev counter (especially in comparison to my turbocharged cars) but this surpasses stock and makes the stock map seem like the engine was being totally strangled.
In a way, 5k revs+ reminds me of turbocharged power delivery as it really likes to just nail you in the back with a power surge and at which point you had better be paying attention. That's as far as I got, just a few 2nd-3rd gear sprints. When it's dry I'll have s better opinion when I can open it up.

Other things to note...

- Cold start is louder and deeper.
- During normal driving/cruising the V8 rumble is louder and deeper from the exhaust; very muscle car-like.
- Static revving again is louder and deeper at low revs but the AMG bark and snap is still there up top; again louder but also snappier.
- Crackles and snaps when gear changing or over run; there are lots more of those and loud.
- Throttle blip? I figured the standard blip was loud but this is something else. I've never seen a street full of heads snap round so quickly at my car when I've rolled from second to first gear approaching a red light.
Downshift blips also tend to be accompanied by loud snaps from the exhaust when you're driving more aggressively.

I've tuned a few cars now in this manner, at home with a hand held unit (those who've used Cobb Tuning before can identify) and I can say that this is no different. The first time that I ever did this my heart was racing in case it all went bad but I'm used to it now so sit back and do as the device says (use the .PDF guide that is supplied on your USB stick to help). You will hear pumps humming, the fans come on and see a series of dashboard lights but follow the instructions and you'll be ok.
[/QUOTE]