C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

JB SPEED is giving me a hard time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dreams
sorry to hear OP. like others have suggested, mode carbon is a solid way to go and they have the customer service to stand by their product. No fitment issues and the weave is beautiful. vorsteiner is also a good option too but on the pricier side. more subtle though, IMO.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by JeffDL
vorsteiner is probably top notch.

i had to pretty much cut off and modify all the tabs on my mode carbon diffuser to get it to fit correctly. the wing i just finally had to remove couldn't stand the wavy-ness in the carbon and the corners fit terrible. after market parts are just that after market.
I agree with Jeff, ppl thinks that one company sells for more means better products, not true.

Lots of ppl here (including myself) can attest having fitment issue with Vorsteiner diffusers, so yeah aftermarket parts are hit or miss.. What makes one company better than others is the customer service after sales.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by Roswell
I agree with Jeff, ppl thinks that one company sells for more means better products, not true.

Lots of ppl here (including myself) can attest having fitment issue with Vorsteiner diffusers, so yeah aftermarket parts are hit or miss.. What makes one company better than others is the customer service after sales.
Yep, it's like the forgstar thread about cracked wheels and "you get what you pay for" ...I laugh, because my Vorsteiner rims were $10k++ without rubber and are meant for C63's and they STILL cracked..

Doesn't matter if you pay a billion $ for something, it can still f'k up.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Range Rover Sport, 2012 C63 Coupe P31
Well, the good news is that he isn't bumping his wares every 5 minutes on the front page. At least we can appreciate that.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:49 PM

'07 C350 4Matic
Wish I had seen this before I ordered. Got a flat hood badge and a CF trunk lip spoiler a few weeks back. Over about a week the badge has yellowed and spoiler doesn't fit great. I was able to work with that on my own but the quality is definitely not what they advertise.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
interesting he hasn't responded.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
before this thread i didnt see many complaints about JB speed but now i can see many lol
Old 06-25-2015, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by mr747
before this thread i didnt see many complaints about JB speed but now i can see many lol
I bet a lot of people have bought stuff from them based on price. I bought hood emblems for my 09. Weren't even close to being able to fit even though they were "OEM fit and finish" or whatever... Then and there I wrote it off and just ate it because they were cheap and I didn't want the hassle.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
^^ i bet but being on the forum since 2012 i havernt seen any complaints hence why i purchased from him

ohwell live and learn i suppose never again
Old 06-25-2015, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Yeah the carbon mirrors I got from them are fine quality.

...but their silence here is deafening. Sucks.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
I've went through a lot of CF vendors and have seen good and bad.

Had a jbspeed rear spoiler on my E55, good fit, weave was decent, it yellowed after a year and a half. Oh well I paid 1/4 of what the other vendors wanted.

Bought a Brabus front lip for my E55. Looked amazing, weave was amazing, fit was good. Paid out the *** for it, and cracked it on road debris literally 3 months later. Would probably still look great if not for that.

Bought a E55 Eurotek diffuser, awesome finish, awesome weave, great fit still looked new 3 years later. Paid a premium for that. Duh.

Bought a E63 Front lip from JL-Motoring, good fit, nice finish, so-so weave. Had a bit of discoloration on it (near the bottom left side) after 1 year of ownership. Meh was cheap. But would buy again.

Bought Mode Carbon front lip, rear diffuser, grille for my c63. Horrible fit, decent finish, decent weave. Two body shops wouldnt attempt putting the lip on (maybe this is why they stopped offering it). I kept the diffuser for 3 months and it looked like hell and the finish was peeling so I got rid of it. Got my money back on the grille and lip (should have sent it all back) except for the 15% restocking fee, which ended up being almost 400 dollars.

Still didnt learn my lesson with Mode and bought the rear spoiler in a group buy. Its clearcoat is chipping 1 1/2 years later (waxed weekly and garaged) and it had a blemish on it to begin with... Everyone praises the gospel with Mode Carbon and their products look like they may have improved, but I had zero luck.

Best advice-

Pay premiums for stuff that is less likely to be damaged. Never buy a high priced lip, chances of you scratching the hell out of it in the next hour of owning it is extremely high. Pay good money for diffusers, spoilers and any replacement panels. They will last and stay clean looking.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
^^ talk about bad luck with Mode lol

But yeah u said it well Johnny!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
yeah i never really liked my mode stuff either. I spayed 3-4 coats of black tinted clear coat on my diffuser and wing before mounting them. help a lot but the wing was still wavy as hell. since i modded them figured it was a lost cause trying to send back. put the factory c/f wing back on and now i'm actually thinking of going wingless.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:03 AM

2009 C 63
strange JB SPEED still posting on other sites on this forum but no reply on this site ??.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:37 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
I've went through a lot of CF vendors and have seen good and bad.

Had a jbspeed rear spoiler on my E55, good fit, weave was decent, it yellowed after a year and a half. Oh well I paid 1/4 of what the other vendors wanted.

Bought a Brabus front lip for my E55. Looked amazing, weave was amazing, fit was good. Paid out the *** for it, and cracked it on road debris literally 3 months later. Would probably still look great if not for that.

Bought a E55 Eurotek diffuser, awesome finish, awesome weave, great fit still looked new 3 years later. Paid a premium for that. Duh.

Bought a E63 Front lip from JL-Motoring, good fit, nice finish, so-so weave. Had a bit of discoloration on it (near the bottom left side) after 1 year of ownership. Meh was cheap. But would buy again.

Bought Mode Carbon front lip, rear diffuser, grille for my c63. Horrible fit, decent finish, decent weave. Two body shops wouldnt attempt putting the lip on (maybe this is why they stopped offering it). I kept the diffuser for 3 months and it looked like hell and the finish was peeling so I got rid of it. Got my money back on the grille and lip (should have sent it all back) except for the 15% restocking fee, which ended up being almost 400 dollars.

Still didnt learn my lesson with Mode and bought the rear spoiler in a group buy. Its clearcoat is chipping 1 1/2 years later (waxed weekly and garaged) and it had a blemish on it to begin with... Everyone praises the gospel with Mode Carbon and their products look like they may have improved, but I had zero luck.

Best advice-

Pay premiums for stuff that is less likely to be damaged. Never buy a high priced lip, chances of you scratching the hell out of it in the next hour of owning it is extremely high. Pay good money for diffusers, spoilers and any replacement panels. They will last and stay clean looking.
wow, this should be saved as a ref for all these CF suppliers!
I damaged my renntech front lip after a few short months.....but it wasn't so bad.....also have the renntech diffuser which is BOSS....both were expensive though.....
I have CF mirror shells from MaCarbon that were not inexpensive, and seem to be getting that sticky feeling, my guess from too much sun.....but still a nice product

that was a great bunch of CF info man

seems we need a CF Quality sticky thread somewhere on our boards
Old 06-27-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Ive had nothing but pleasant and smooth transactions with Brian at JBspeed...
Old 06-27-2015, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Anybody ever use RW Carbon?
Old 06-27-2015, 05:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 2011 Audi A4
Here's a review from 507inDC for RW Carbon products.

I just purchased a front lip and rear spoiler. Just waiting for the products to arrive.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-diffuser.html

Originally Posted by GQsmooth
Anybody ever use RW Carbon?
Old 06-27-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63, 335i
jb sells the same crap that you can buy from ebay. they don't manufacture anything. they're simply a middleman.

if you're going to buy from these guys, put it on a cc with great customer protection. aint nobody got time for paypal bs.

vendor tries to troll you? file a chargeback
Old 06-29-2015, 05:21 PM

C63 AMG
Well as you guys know I filed a paypal claim and it was in my favor however I would have had to be responsible for the shipping of the item which would have amounted to 309 dollars back to Taiwan, I reached out to him one last time asking for a refund and he has accepted but I am still waiting for it to come through.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Carbon Fiber from China/Taiwan is the shadiest business ever....whether on this forum or ebay. ITS ALL GARBAGE. JBSpeed, JLMotoring, Suveneer....they just all buy in bulk from the same manufacturers in Taiwan/China and middleman it out.....claiming "perfect weave, perfect fit, 2x2 CF twill, excellent clear coat, blah blah blah......blatant lies.

I have purchased this junk a few times and sent it right back and got my refund. JBspeed kept dodging my question of "satisfaction guaranteed, excellent fit and manufacture guarantee or money back"....I would not buy until I had them tell me in writing that I can return it for 100% refund if it ended up being absolute junk on delivery.

They sometimes don't even see the item. They just collect the money and you get a piece of crap sent to you from China...

It costs more to send back than it does to make the item, so its not worth it to them...
Old 06-30-2015, 03:24 AM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
Originally Posted by JeffDL
yeah i never really liked my mode stuff either. I spayed 3-4 coats of black tinted clear coat on my diffuser and wing before mounting them. help a lot but the wing was still wavy as hell. since i modded them figured it was a lost cause trying to send back. put the factory c/f wing back on and now i'm actually thinking of going wingless.
Have to agree, when i received my diffuser there was a chip on the top of the middle fin, and the overall quality of the weave was just average.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Carbon Fiber from China/Taiwan is the shadiest business ever....whether on this forum or ebay. ITS ALL GARBAGE. JBSpeed, JLMotoring, Suveneer....they just all buy in bulk from the same manufacturers in Taiwan/China and middleman it out.....claiming "perfect weave, perfect fit, 2x2 CF twill, excellent clear coat, blah blah blah......blatant lies.

I have purchased this junk a few times and sent it right back and got my refund. JBspeed kept dodging my question of "satisfaction guaranteed, excellent fit and manufacture guarantee or money back"....I would not buy until I had them tell me in writing that I can return it for 100% refund if it ended up being absolute junk on delivery.

They sometimes don't even see the item. They just collect the money and you get a piece of crap sent to you from China...

It costs more to send back than it does to make the item, so its not worth it to them...
yeah, 9 times out of 10 its going to be the same product sold by a different vendor so either go for the cheapest price you can find or go for good customer service.
I think I saw mode say they source from japan and italy, but i cant remember the thread...either way these pieces are so large and can be somewhat fragile that it's a real crapshoot buying sight unseen because shipping back can be a real )_*#*@+
Old 06-30-2015, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Seems like people have been happy from what iv seen with rw carbon
Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 P31 coupe
JB - you bump your own thread with the same old recycled pictures, but don't address any of the concerns brought up in this thread?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JB SPEED is giving me a hard time