Questions for Weistec supercharger owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Questions for Weistec supercharger owners

Good morning
I own a 2011 C 63 with 22,000 miles. Currently, the car has a Eurocharged tune and ROW air boxes. Love the experience. I mostly use it as a daily commuter, and enjoy the occasional burst of speed. Do not intend to track or go to the drag strip. For a little while, I have been considering the Weistec supercharger, stage I-as I live in California(emissions restrictions).

1) I am concerned about the already high static compression ratio of 11.3 in the M 156, and the effect of boost (I understand that the stage I supercharger has a maximum boost of 6 PSI), on the engine internals. I expect that the engine long-term reliability we will not be the same as stock(150+k miles), with the supercharger. But I would like to hear from folks for first hand experience.
2) Another concern is regarding engine temperatures during a routine driving in hot weather, with the supercharger. In routine driving currently, I see engine temperatures of 212 to 220. Summer temperatures where I live run pretty hot into the 100s. What kind of temperatures to people with the supercharger see routinely?
Thank you. I also wonder if the folks at Weistec would also comment?
Old 07-08-2015, 03:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
If your worried about long-term, then you should not supercharge your car. I came from a heavily modded zo6 and although it was beast, I gotta say you must pay to play. Now the m156 is stout motor and can take a beating so rest assured it can handle a stage 2 maybe 3 on stock internals for years to come. The problem doesn't rely on the motor. It's driveline. You have to remember the power curve on an N/A motor is linear. On the supercharged car, torque is always on tap... And that's puts a lot of stress on the tranny.
Now heat is gonna build up no matter what and a supercharged car will heat faster. That's why they sell the trunk ice box or some guys like running meth injection to keep IAT down. If your really looking for more power and only willing to do stage 1 supercharger, then I highly suggest you do longtubes. Save yourself 12 grand.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
just to touch a bit further on the heat issue

MY car now runs cooler with a blower then it ever did before
Weistec modify the computer so the engine fan is always running to keep the so called heat issues away

i say go for it there are plenty people on this forum who daily drive stage 2 and 3 cars Merc63 has done 30000kms on a standard 2009 engine with just upgraded head bolts so to answer your question go for it
The following users liked this post:
kevin sam (07-29-2019)
Old 07-08-2015, 08:51 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
Yes M156 motor is stout and agree with you that 11 plus compression ratio is far from ideal for a supercharger applications. Generally you want a motor with 8.5 for high boost to 9.5 compression depending on boost levels.

Look at any boosted car from manufacturer check specs for compression ratios.

If your AMG has performance package then you have stronger forged internals which can with stand higher temperatures than base models.

Yes, hand built motor blah blah still does not change the huge risk of grenading your motor if driven to its limits often in the M156.

Question you have to ask yourself acter spending 15k on blower setup if motor goes do you have 30k for a new one and willing to risk it?

Also, you really sure stage 1 blower will pass emissions with stock exhaust? I live in MA and we have very strict emission laws like your state.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
C63KES, thank you for your interest in our supercharger systems. There are many misconceptions in regards to heat, and drive-line fatigue when it comes to our supercharger systems.

Our Stage 1 Supercharger System is an example of OEM integration to the M156 equipped C63. It is the only CARB approved, 50 state legal product for these cars and it is that for a reason. The system works extremely smooth and is designed to work in conjunction with all factory components.

We have a deep understanding of these engines and transmissions, and understand their strong points and weaknesses. Engine efficiency, proper tuning, and proper supercharger design is how an engine with high compression works well under positive pressure. One of many examples is that we can bleed cylinder pressures very easily via camshaft adjust during the compression stroke and this is a part of proper engine tuning that you will have when running our systems.

In terms of heat, we adjust many setting in the ECU to allow the car to run cooler, oil temps, transmission temps, and the keep the supercharger intercooler system cool as well.

Lastly, if you are ever in the OC area, we would be happy to show you an example of a Stage 1 equipped C63 and go over the details of the system. Please let us know how we can assist. Thanks again.

Weistec Engineering
Old 07-08-2015, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts
10 C six trizzle
I've got a stage 2 car. going on about 25k miles with it. I went ahead and put the arp headbolts in for preventative maint. While it was apart i took some pictures and cleaned everything up. I can tell you the tune is spot on. No dings or dents in pistons, heads or cylinder walls from detontation. I live in texas where we see 100+ for a good 4-5 months out of the year. No overheating problems at all. The oil temp sits around 220-230 and will get up to 245ish if i try to triple the speed limit as for coolant that stays pretty rock solid in the same spot. My wife drag races it on occasion and daily drives it. After about 20k the transmission started to slip under full load, it still drove normal and shifted fine when driven civilized. This to be expected because she drives like a maniac, avg's about 12mpg and manages to break every vehicle i've owned lol. I rebuilt the trans - with stock internals and purchased the valve body upgrade. The cars been great for the past 5k mi since, and is shifting fantastic. I suspect ill get another good 30k out of this one and when it goes upgrade to their built transmission. If you only go for stage 1 and dont really drag race or use slicks your transmission should hold up really well. Id consider doing the valve body just for piece of mind.

The supercharger really makes the car a different animal. I've posted some videos in past threads if you do some searching you'll find them. the gobs of instant torque are hard to imagine without feeling it first hand. This is especially beneficial in daily driving where you dont go over 3000rpms often, and thats where the biggests torque gains are. If you're on the fence go visit them and you'll probably end up leaving your car with them.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:44 PM

w212 E63 AMG
Very good question
I am the person who purchased the weistec 2 supercharger, 2.3 l and 3.0 l
1. In the case of 8 PS 2.3 liters, the engine is not the problem, not the temperature did not climb above, either IAt, not problems transmission, stage2 supercharge is ideal for m156
2. Stag3 on 1 bar (60mm), u must build engine 100% and and transs
Old 12-11-2018, 03:02 PM

C63s amg
C63s

I am looking to get a stage 3 turbo put on my c63s and i see all of this “ not for public roads” so im just wondering how is it illegal would i just not be able to get my car inspected? If someone could answer my question id appreciate it thankyou
Old 12-11-2018, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Ormsby458
I am looking to get a stage 3 turbo put on my c63s and i see all of this “ not for public roads” so im just wondering how is it illegal would i just not be able to get my car inspected? If someone could answer my question id appreciate it thankyou
You have the wrong forum. this is a w204 forum. that being said, what state do you live in? Florida? then no one cares how you modify it. CA? be careful.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:02 PM

C63s amg
New york