C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

** HMS TUNING WIDE FENDER KIT GROUP BUY **

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by Roswell
The car looks great with the Axxiom & spacers!
Thanks Meng. Now time to order some deep concave for the rear and not so deep for the front...LOL

Originally Posted by solekeeper
not a fan of those wheels. but that is how the c63 sedan *** is suppose to look from factory. that's all i know.

You should see it in person especially from the front looking back along the side of the car. It looks awesome.

The look from behind is pretty awesome as well.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:45 PM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
2020 AMG C63 Coupe, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
mort the car looks great. how does it feel to drive with the wider rear track? turning radius?
Old 05-18-2016, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Arjy
mort the car looks great. how does it feel to drive with the wider rear track? turning radius?
Thanks Arjy.

The car feels great to drive. I have not really noticed any change in the steering inputs required and I don't think the turning radius is affected at all. At least not that I have noticed.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Damn Mort, that looks goooooood. A subtle change/illusion that I like that this creates, is the widebody makes the tailpipes appear to move towards the car center - I like that look (more like an M3), and the tips on the corners always bothered me just a little bit. Now I'm rethinking my plans as well....

Change your sig already will ya? I vote for the shot from the back.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Damn Mort, that looks goooooood. A subtle change/illusion that I like that this creates, is the widebody makes the tailpipes appear to move towards the car center - I like that look (more like an M3), and the tips on the corners always bothered me just a little bit. Now I'm rethinking my plans as well....

Change your sig already will ya? I vote for the shot from the back.
Thanks BLKROKT much appreciated and I like the view from the back as well.

One sig change coming up.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (05-19-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 04:09 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W204 C63
God damn, 50MM Spacers!

What tire size are you running Mort?
Old 05-19-2016, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Phil Chow
God damn, 50MM Spacers!

What tire size are you running Mort?
I am running 265/30/19 on a 19x10ET +52 wheel. I will only be running these until I get a new set of wheels.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:41 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W204 C63
Originally Posted by Mort
I am running 265/30/19 on a 19x10ET +52 wheel. I will only be running these until I get a new set of wheels.
I wonder what kind of stress the 50MM Spacers are putting on your hubs. Although they're bolted to the hub and everything, still seems a little sketchy to me.

Though, I'm sure it's fine for daily usage and temporary now anyways.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:00 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
So, any more folks in? I can't get over how good these look and how hard it's been to get more folks on board.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:27 PM

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts
W463
HMS Tuning 2nd Group Buy is ending soon.
Once its over its gone. Don't miss out! Last chance guys!

SECOND GROUP BUY for HMS Fenders for Sedan/Coupe
HMS Coupe/Sedan fenders, OEM Black Series liners New GB price $2504

1) Dr Karns - 2012+ Coupe (DEPOSIT PAID)
2) Computertom - 2009 Sedan (DEPOSIT PAID)
3) Negrette10 - 2011 Sedan (DEPOSIT PAID)

4) Phil Chow - 2009 Sedan
5) Gzim355 - 2012+ Coupe
6) RedNiteJ - 2010 Sedam
7) MAGASC63 - 2009 Sedan
8) JC63AMG - 2012+ Coupe
Old 05-26-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
i'm tempted but I feel i can get the fenders widened with metal for as much or less at a body shop.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by Mag1c Carp3t
i'm tempted but I feel i can get the fenders widened with metal for as much or less at a body shop.
Honestly, I don't know that you can do it for less, but possibly at the same price. I remember someone in Florida doing it for about $10 though. Although, I believe they may have been taken for a ride... The thread is somewhere on MBworld.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mag1c Carp3t
That's exactly where I am at the moment. Would much rather have metal there. And I can get the fenders to match front and rear, shape-wise as well as the taper on each end to flow into the body better (in my eyes at least, although most of the installs look pretty good).
Old 05-26-2016, 04:38 PM

W463
HMS Fender Pros:
- Much wider than what widened OEM metal can be pulled out to.
- Clean integration for side skirt and rear bumper so the fenders look uniform.
- Ability to surface mount or mold them in.
- Up to 40mm gain, no guess working when doing custom wheel set ups.

HMS Fender Cons:
-FRP

Widened Factory OEM Metal Pro:
-Metal

Widened Factory OEM Metal Cons:
- Can never be as wide as HMS fenders using existing metal. I've seen some examples of additional metal being welded on to extend them out more but then it ruins the shape. Depending on who does the work. It's truly for someone who understand the W204 body line. Sometimes the metal looks too pulled and thin in certain angles.
- No integration with the door (for sedan), sideskirt and rear bumper to make up for the additional width.
- Cost can be around the same as the HMS fenders + install or up to $10,000 depending on who and how well its done.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think we are talking about adding metal, not just stretching the OEM fenders. At least I am.

I'm stretched as much as possible now (definitely need a respray), and my 285 r-comps fit great. But I want more. I want 295's or 305's back there.

And, in my opinion of course, the HMS fenders just don't look exactly right. Shape is off, plus I want to see more of my rear tire from behind. I'd rather have someone take their time with metal getting the shape to match the front fenders (as the BS rear flares do more accurately), as well as taper on either end to flow better into the narrow-body C63 sideskirts and rear bumper.

But to each their own, I can appreciate what you all have done also and am really enjoying seeing all these widebodies. Just not for me.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 184 Posts
C63 AMG
I think we need to be a bit subjective here. While I agree with most of what you have mentioned. I don't agree on the following:

- Metal pulled wide body will allow upto a 295 or a 305 wide rear based on wheel offset. 10.5 or 11 inch wide wheel can work. I have personally done a 295 on a 10.5 Et 43 wheel.

The integration of a metal fender pull is actually cleaner IMHO. You can mould the HMS flares but have to worry about cracking at seam lines etc. You can paste them on without moulding it, but that throws the stock look out the door. The factory rear bumper and side skirts are not affected.

I love the HMS flares, they look fantastic. They are much wider then what a stock body pull can offer. But if you are really being subjective a metal body pull will get you 75% of what the HMS flares can do, while not committing to a full on wide body rear setup.

Ernst you did a great job with these, I'm surprised we haven't seen many other members aside from Mort and 3.2 do there installs.

Originally Posted by Ernst V Bauer
HMS Fender Pros:
- Much wider than what widened OEM metal can be pulled out to.
- Clean integration for side skirt and rear bumper so the fenders look uniform.
- Ability to surface mount or mold them in.
- Up to 40mm gain, no guess working when doing custom wheel set ups.

HMS Fender Cons:
-FRP

Widened Factory OEM Metal Pro:
-Metal

Widened Factory OEM Metal Cons:
- Can never be as wide as HMS fenders using existing metal. I've seen some examples of additional metal being welded on to extend them out more but then it ruins the shape. Depending on who does the work. It's truly for someone who understand the W204 body line. Sometimes the metal looks too pulled and thin in certain angles.
- No integration with the door (for sedan), sideskirt and rear bumper to make up for the additional width.
- Cost can be around the same as the HMS fenders + install or up to $10,000 depending on who and how well its done.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
I think we are talking about adding metal, not just stretching the OEM fenders. At least I am.

I'm stretched as much as possible now (definitely need a respray), and my 285 r-comps fit great. But I want more. I want 295's or 305's back there.

And, in my opinion of course, the HMS fenders just don't look exactly right. Shape is off, plus I want to see more of my rear tire from behind. I'd rather have someone take their time with metal getting the shape to match the front fenders (as the BS rear flares do more accurately), as well as taper on either end to flow better into the narrow-body C63 sideskirts and rear bumper.

But to each their own, I can appreciate what you all have done also and am really enjoying seeing all these widebodies. Just not for me.
Something along these lines:

Love the look as well, but yeah, very very expensive.

Would would actually be very cool is getting a black series rear bumper to match up to the HMS fenders. That'll provide that rear taper that some folks like.

Hmmm...

Last edited by AMG3.2; 05-26-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:41 PM

W463
I've scoured the net on different fender options to study what the best way to widen them without throwing off the body lines.

The conclusion is that the front and rear fenders are obviously totally different in shape and size. Many of the widened factory metal examples I've seen (with additional metal), tries the mimic the front fender shape and its totally off. It's just the way the car was designed with wide front fenders and no flare in the rear. I think the actual "body line" shape of rear quarter panel gives off a great impression that the car is wide from a side angle but that's all it does.

The taper you speak of is also very important. The OEM Black Series rear fender section is the entire C pillar which means they are gradually widened upwards toward the windows so it looks perfect. Mating the Black Series sideskirt and rear bumper helps it all flow together. The great thing about the HMS fenders is that they come with the sideskirt, rear bumper caps to make it flow better. Add some carbon side skirts and rear valence on top of that and who knows, it may be the answer to everything.

I appreciate your opinion and I am hoping to see what your project entails!

Widened OEM metal vs HMS fenders FRP gains of width and tire size can be similar. But the difference pure aesthetic with the HMS fenders.

I know EVERYONE wants fat dish or the most aggressive concave face. That is possible since the fenders are 40mm wider than stock + clearance of the OEM metal underneath. The target size minimum is 10" width and +25 offset which is considered "GTR face" or the most aggressive concave face. It opens the door for our cars to run pretty wild looking set ups.

With OEM widened metal, I know the sideskirt and rear bumper isn't modified at all except the rear bumper mounting point. This is where I decided where aftermarket fenders was the right decision. I know at certain angles it looks SUPER clean but then again the taper from where the widened metal is and the top portion of the rear bumper looks to stretched to me. This is where you can tell that it doesn't look factory. The way your body shop did it was perfect and I believe done to the absolute limit where it doesn't look too widened that the rest of the car looks too narrow.

In the end, I agree that OEM widened metal looks cleaner and all the points of molding vs surface mounting will never be as "factory" as OEM widened metal. This is purely a different route for some and again I appreciate your input on this and thank you for the kind words!

Originally Posted by Kriston
I think we need to be a bit subjective here. While I agree with most of what you have mentioned. I don't agree on the following:

- Metal pulled wide body will allow upto a 295 or a 305 wide rear based on wheel offset. 10.5 or 11 inch wide wheel can work. I have personally done a 295 on a 10.5 Et 43 wheel.

The integration of a metal fender pull is actually cleaner IMHO. You can mould the HMS flares but have to worry about cracking at seam lines etc. You can paste them on without moulding it, but that throws the stock look out the door. The factory rear bumper and side skirts are not affected.

I love the HMS flares, they look fantastic. They are much wider then what a stock body pull can offer. But if you are really being subjective a metal body pull will get you 75% of what the HMS flares can do, while not committing to a full on wide body rear setup.

Ernst you did a great job with these, I'm surprised we haven't seen many other members aside from Mort and 3.2 do there installs.

I've thought of this too. But then what about the taper in the front of the body?

I think it would look so goofy with factory side skirts, front fenders and front bumper. Everything has to match up right. I know the HMS fenders will look great on stock body. My issue is trying to modify the fronts to match visually with the fender shape and aggressive front wheel/tire fitment.

I know the Moshammer front fenders could work but who knows if they similar in shape to the rear HMS fenders and I could do without those vents.

Back to the drawing board I guess. Should be interesting...

Originally Posted by AMG3.2
Something along these lines:

Love the look as well, but yeah, very very expensive.

Would would actually be very cool is getting a black series rear bumper to match up to the HMS fenders. That'll provide that rear taper that some folks like.

Hmmm...
Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 AM

W463
We need 4 more deposits by the end of the month. Local guys where you at!?

Tuesday, May 31st.

After that, we will no longer import anymore and any deposits made will be refunded.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:51 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Ernst V Bauer
We need 4 more deposits by the end of the month. Local guys where you at!?

Tuesday, May 31st.

After that, we will no longer import anymore and any deposits made will be refunded.

So this second group buy is most likely not happening?
Old 05-27-2016, 03:05 PM

W463
Unless I get 4 more deposits before the 31st. I am going to have to scrap this entire 2nd Group Buy.

The first 3 orders have been fully paid for a while so they are just waiting. I think we've reached the capacity of commitment but I'm glad the 1st Group Buy went smoothly.

Who knows maybe in 2017/2018 it will revive back from the dead? Haha
Old 06-01-2016, 05:08 PM

W463
Group Buy #2 Cancelled

It was a good run. I'm glad the 1st GB went smoothly, the 2nd one was starting to get stale. Once all the installs are done, hopefully the interest kicks back up in the future.

Refunds have been issued. Please contact me if there are any issues.

Thank you MBWorld for your support!
Old 07-27-2016, 01:15 PM

W463
HMS Tuning C63 from NL via Starcevic Vitomir-Marijana

Old 07-27-2016, 01:34 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
Salt in the wounds!
Old 07-27-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 C63 Affalterbach + 2019 C43 wagon
Originally Posted by computertom
Salt in the wounds!
I have a set for you !

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...bs-liners.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ** HMS TUNING WIDE FENDER KIT GROUP BUY **