C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Caliper Pin came loose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
Caliper Pin came loose

Hello I need some advice, I bought a C63 recently and today i took it back to the dealer as it was booked in to have the front left tie rod end replaced due to it being a bit bent when i bought the car. About 2 hours after i collected the car i was visiting another dealer looking at new cars for my wife and as i was parking the car all of a sudden i heard the car making horrible grinding sound and the car make to a sudden stop after some looking i found that the below caliper pin had came out and bent so badly that it was banana shaped. I spoke to the dealers service department who quickly denied responsability and said anything they did could not have affected it in anyway which i find hard to believe considering that this is the same place where they were working and im inclined to think that the caliper was removed to access the car better while working on it.

To top this off too i found out the mercedes roadside assist that i was supposed to get had not been payed for by the dealer.

What i am wanting to know is what the dealer telling me true or just feeding me lies to cover themselves as if they are just wanting to brush me off im more then happy to go to Mercedes Australia

Old 03-08-2016, 06:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 507 with BS Body; 2008 SLK 55
there is no reason to remove that caliper pull rod to work on endlinks, so the dealer is very probably right, that they did not touch this part. Strange by the way, that the caliper has white decals. The previous owner appears to have modified and repainted the calipe

If you can get a replacement for the pull rod, it may not be a big deal. It is part number A221 421 0014 and should cost about 27-36$.

Good luck!

Last edited by Wobble64; 03-08-2016 at 06:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
need2speed (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 08:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
Smile

Originally Posted by Falius
Hello I need some advice, I bought a C63 recently and today i took it back to the dealer as it was booked in to have the front left tie rod end replaced due to it being a bit bent when i bought the car. About 2 hours after i collected the car i was visiting another dealer looking at new cars for my wife and as i was parking the car all of a sudden i heard the car making horrible grinding sound and the car make to a sudden stop after some looking i found that the below caliper pin had came out and bent so badly that it was banana shaped. I spoke to the dealers service department who quickly denied responsability and said anything they did could not have affected it in anyway which i find hard to believe considering that this is the same place where they were working and im inclined to think that the caliper was removed to access the car better while working on it.

To top this off too i found out the mercedes roadside assist that i was supposed to get had not been payed for by the dealer.

What i am wanting to know is what the dealer telling me true or just feeding me lies to cover themselves as if they are just wanting to brush me off im more then happy to go to Mercedes Australia

hi
sorry for your problem what state are you in.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
I think this bar screw thread is (1.25),

prefer to replace it with screw..!

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES1790671/

Caliper Pin came loose-2214210014-6-pot-caliper-bar-screw.jpg

ZAYED,,
Old 03-08-2016, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by Wobble64
there is no reason to remove that caliper pull rod to work on endlinks, so the dealer is very probably right, that they did not touch this part.

Good luck!
I just found it very strange that the problem occured so soon after they worked on the car, Just before this i did a road trip in the car and clocked up 5000km within 2 weeks and the far performed flawlessly

Originally Posted by aussie e55
hi
sorry for your problem what state are you in.
Im in QLD, Im happy to PM the dealers name if your local.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:05 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2010 C63
I recently had the same problem - but probably due to my own negligence. I bought the part referenced here and can verify that it is the correct replacement.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Originally Posted by Wobble64
there is no reason to remove that caliper pull rod to work on endlinks, so the dealer is very probably right, that they did not touch this part. Strange by the way, that the caliper has white decals. The previous owner appears to have modified and repainted the calipe

If you can get a replacement for the pull rod, it may not be a big deal. It is part number A221 421 0014 and should cost about 27-36$.

Good luck!
+1. No reason to touch the caliper if they are just doing rod ends but I do agree, those calipers have been painted so someone removed them or the pads at least once. Just a bit of bad luck unfortunately