C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

SRS Control Unit recall - recalled?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CTT-S
SRS Control Unit recall - recalled?

Got the initial letter that my car (2009) is part of the SRS control unit recall

".. Initially, your vehicle was included in the affected population of vehicles to be recalled. Since that time, we have determined that your vehicle does not contain the affected SRS Control Unit. Thus, your vehicle is not subject to this safety recall and you can disregard our earlier letter"

Did anyone else got this same letter from MBUSA?
Old 05-07-2016, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I didn't get either letter, but dealer replaced it anyway. Broke my trim piece in the process, so now waiting for a replacement
Old 05-07-2016, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Paculdo
Got the initial letter that my car (2009) is part of the SRS control unit recall

".. Initially, your vehicle was included in the affected population of vehicles to be recalled. Since that time, we have determined that your vehicle does not contain the affected SRS Control Unit. Thus, your vehicle is not subject to this safety recall and you can disregard our earlier letter"

Did anyone else got this same letter from MBUSA?
If you want it replaced just bring the initial letter to MB. Don't even mention the second letter. Worst thing that happens is they are smart and come back telling you you're not effected (which it doesn't seem like you are). Otherwise, they'll replace it.

Easy peasy