C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Sleepless nights thinking about parting with my 2014 C63 white sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 01:50 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Sleepless nights thinking about parting with my 2014 C63 white sedan

Well - excuse me while I utilize the board as a little bit of therapy as I debate a big decision

When I began the search for the car I really wanted, optioned how I wanted, it was long and tough, but I finally tracked it down on the show room floor of a neighboring state dealer.
December 2014 I found her, clean and out of the elements on the showroom floor, polar white with black interior, and all the best options I wanted:
2014 C63 AMG sedan
-polar white
-black mb tex / dinamica
-aluminum trim
-AMG performance media, an AWESOME option I rarely if ever see
-rear side airbags
-limited slip differential, a MUST
-keyess go
-lighting package
-multimedia package

I bought it, and drove it right to the car storage facility I utilize, not to be seen again until April 2015.

I had big plans for the car, car shows, AMG gatherings, maybe a HPDE track day or two, but the reality hit, I just didn't have the time to do any of these things I envisioned for the car. It ultimately turned into a great car to take out 1-3 days a week solo or with my family and just enjoy it.

And enjoy it I did as I tastefully modded it right away that summer of '15, got thumbs up and people gathered around it asking questions a lot when I was out with it.

Babied it I did, factory tires on factory wheels have almost all tread left as they were only on car a few days, because right when I bought the car, I started the process on the 3 month lead time for custom built Velos Designwerks wheels, heck the Pilot Super Sport tires on them have seen 2 summers, and have 1 more of life left at least!
Cars paint has never been touched by a towel, I air dried only with my air blower. Car sits with under 12,900 miles on it currently in storage since October.

I was planning to keep the car for many, many years, and wanted to pamper it as much as possible.........then it happened, an evil mistress popped into my dreams, her name 2017 C63s Coupe. Discussed the numbers and trade value already with the dealer, and I am satisfied where we are at, my intent is to trade by January 20th, the deadline I have given myself to reach a decision.

Do I want to part with it?
Would I feel better offering for sale to the enthusiast community instead of trading in?
All these decisions, ahhhhh!!!!

So anyways - thanks for playing Dr. Phil listening to my cluttered head.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 73 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
What's AMG Performance Media?
Old 12-19-2016, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by MTV10
What's AMG Performance Media?

The following 2 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
604 C63 (12-20-2016), Adi-Benz (12-22-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 11:10 AM

/////PRO
In short, it displays on the media screen, has its own separate button that says "AMG" on it, to activate it, by seat heater buttons.
You can change the screen to display digital gauges of engine/transmission temperature vitals, record track performance, load different tracks if you are there, measure cornering and acceleration G's, 0-60, 1/4 mile.....display the individual tires pressures, etc,etc

Its an awesome feature I almost never see anywhere else, It was a $2,500 option on the 2014 C63.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:20 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
I'd just trade it in and enjoy the new C63s. Great car, haven't really seen any complaints on it. Sounds like you have already made the decision anyway not sure why you need the ok from random internet people on a $80K+ purchase.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by realjones88
I'd just trade it in and enjoy the new C63s. Great car, haven't really seen any complaints on it. Sounds like you have already made the decision anyway not sure why you need the ok from random internet people on a $80K+ purchase.
I think he's saying he wants it to go to a good home and doesn't know what to do. Part it? Trade it as is? Sell it privately as is? I know how hard it can be to let a car go. I just sold my Lexus yesterday after a decade with it. It was my first car. I sold it to my friend so maybe I can buy it back one day. Haha
Old 12-19-2016, 11:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 C63 w/PP, 2014 ML63 AMG w/PP
Seem like you had your mind made up. She is a beauty but I'm sure the new one will be as well. In the meantime........dare I say it...... dibs on your 507 front grill!
Old 12-20-2016, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by dlefty
but the reality hit, I just didn't have the time to do any of these things I envisioned for the car. It ultimately turned into a great car to take out 1-3 days a week solo or with my family and just enjoy it.
Is there something that has changed in your life so that you are going to have a bunch more time if you are making a bigger car payment?

Just saying...be aware that no matter how you fantasize this, the only thing that will change will be what you are driving and the size of the payment. Life wont change, nor will the amount of time you spend behind the wheel.

People do this with moving all the time. Its called "doing a geographic". Its when you think that if you move cross town or change cities then your life will be different and maybe so will you. "If I buy a condo in a building with a gym, THEN I'll start to work out". Truth is that where you go, there YOU are.

But if its what you want and you can afford it......far be it from me to talk you out of it. Pretty hard for anyone here to tell you what you should do cos we dont really know you. Pack a lunch, Slugger, and move on out of the house lol. You're a big boy now.

Post pics if you get it.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:29 PM

/////PRO
Originally Posted by Naverino
Seem like you had your mind made up. She is a beauty but I'm sure the new one will be as well. In the meantime........dare I say it...... dibs on your 507 front grill!
Just PM'd you, get in early before the part out/for sale thread next month!
Old 12-22-2016, 09:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by dlefty

Just PM'd you, get in early before the part out/for sale thread next month!
Personally, I would keep it. This will probably be the last naturally aspirated AMG. Especially with a 6.2L V8.

You have low miles on it.
Like 604 C63 said, nothing will change, just lower displacement and a bigger car payment.
If you never took this one to car shows, what makes you think that you will take the C63s to car shows?

Last edited by w204_Generic; 12-22-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts
2006 E55
Meh, the new C63s don't do it for me. Definitely not in the looks department. Sure, it's fast and I am sure with a couple mods it's brutal. But, there is nothing that can replace the rawness of the 6.2L NA motor - not to mention the sound.

You'll regret it And you have a gem, especially with those options and being a 2014.

And like someone else above mentioned, what big change is happening in your life? You'll probably spend just as much time in the new C63 as your current one, is the driving experience that much better for you in the new C63? Which will be harder on your wallet, too.

Last edited by ArmoE55; 12-22-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:02 AM

/////PRO
Thanks for all the thoughts guys! My original post was just a bunch of rambling trying to clear the clutter going through the decision making process......was hoping to talk myself out of going W205 Coupe through the passionate responses of the W204 crowd here! Not looking for permission, etc as some mentioned and my ramblings may have come across that way . So I take no issue with the comments, I'd have replied the same way, WTF are you asking us how to spend your money for!??!

I bought my '14 and babied it because I thought I'd keep it for a loooong time, no life changes etc, just got the C63 because I fell in love with the sound of headers on these cars, last of the NA 6.2, and all those good things, and quite frankly like the squared off aggressiveness over the W205 sedan, but damn the new coupe is badass, its seduced me.......so I think I'm moving on, order may be getting placed in next few weeks........and I can't wait!

I knew I was ready to part with it when I had an offer to purchase a part off it already before I even posted a for sale thread and didn't hesitate to agree to sell it,
Old 12-24-2016, 06:02 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
Maybe it's just me, but I really hate this idea of Mercedes turning every sedan and coupe into a small version of the S class (minus CLA coupe). Quite personally, and well this is just my opinion here the new 63S just doesn't do it for me. I drove both the sedan, and coupe when they hit the show room floor (decently hard I guess), and aside from the transmission and racing seats I would rather have the 204 any day. Really the main thing you should consider, and I believe this was mentioned above is the driving experience with the car. I didn't see any major improvement that made me go OMG it's so much better take my money, but I would love to hear your opinion on it as I may have missed them. Order the car and when it comes drive the 204 to the dealership with some spirit, and then take the 205 around the block for a lap, and you'll know clearly which one you want. As far as I know you don't have to buy it just because you ordered it.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:14 AM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
I had a chance to drive the C63s at the AMG academy in COTA last year. It's a very nice car with a gorgeous interior. But Jake215 is correct, it didn't make me say "OMG it's so much better take my money!"
If you can swing it, I would keep the W204 as the keeper and lease the W205.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jake215
Maybe it's just me, but I really hate this idea of Mercedes turning every sedan and coupe into a small version of the S class (minus CLA coupe).
Ahhh man, I've been saying over here for a while. They've standardised the core of the range (baby, middle, daddy) and I hate that. They all look very similar, much like how Audi do with their range.

I do think the C63S coupe is quite pretty though and I'd be happy with one I think. But there's no getting away from the fact that in 10 years from now, the W204 will still command the 'wow that's a 6.2 C63!' from car enthusiasts, regardless of how 'slow' the W204 will be by then. I don't think many of the new range will have the same aura or age as well.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Don't sell! Mod it! It will make you fall in love with it all over again. Do headers or secondart cat delete and a tune. It's like your wife or gf discovering she suddenly doesn't have a gag reflex any longer.