C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anybody with Supersprint Long tubes and front metallic cats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts
2006 E55
Anybody with Supersprint Long tubes and front metallic cats?

It seems not as many people talk about the SS brand. I know coming from the M series cars, this was one of the most reputable companies for BMWs.

Anybody have the SS long tubes and front pipes with metallic cats? The sound is awesome with this setup alone. I'm more concerned with fitment with these cars. By fitment, I mean when mounting to the motor, having the clearance on pass side.

also, will these work with the H pipe setup? Assuming same diameter for the front pipes and H, I'm thinking shouldn't be an issue to match up for a reputable muffler shop.

Thanks for for any feedback.

Last edited by ArmoE55; 12-20-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
1st correction is that SuperSprint headers are not long tubes, they are mid-length headers. The reason why no one talks about them much is that they cost more than comparable LT headers that have proven results.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...s-exhaust.html
Old 12-21-2016, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
^ I guess my hang up is the reputation and headache-free install. It seems many with MBH have fitment issues with the LHD cars on the pass side, and MHP seem like scammers from all the horror threads I've read. I just want to make sure it's a reputable transaction and the install would be headache-free. That's why I am trying to weigh options and read as much as possible before making a decision. What do you have and any comments on install/fitment? Also, isn't ARH in NY? Maybe I can order from them and you can pick up for me, haha, payment to you as well for your time, gas etc
Old 12-21-2016, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ArmoE55
^ I guess my hang up is the reputation and headache-free install. It seems many with MBH have fitment issues with the LHD cars on the pass side, and MHP seem like scammers from all the horror threads I've read. I just want to make sure it's a reputable transaction and the install would be headache-free. That's why I am trying to weigh options and read as much as possible before making a decision. What do you have and any comments on install/fitment? Also, isn't ARH in NY? Maybe I can order from them and you can pick up for me, haha, payment to you as well for your time, gas etc
You can even have the guys at ARH install the headers for you. The fitment isn't the issue for the ARH headers, and I honestly haven't heard of fitment issues for the MBH headers either.

I picked up the headers to guarantee that I would get my headers and paid with my AMEX. It simplifies the resolution process if any issues arises.

Sure thing! I don't mind picking up the headers for you.

Last edited by I am Jeff; 12-22-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
You can even have the guys at ARH install the headers for you. The fitment isn't the issue for the ARH headers, and I honestly haven't heard of fitment issues for the MBH headers either. I picked up the headers to guarantee that I would get my headers and paid with my AMEX. It simplifies the resolution process if any issues arises.
Hey Jeff are yours welded or clamped? When I had the 200 CEL cats on, there was no issue. Once I swapped to the test pipe, sometimes I get some rattling and shaking. Do you experience any of that?
Old 12-22-2016, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
You can even have the guys at ARH install the headers for you. The fitment isn't the issue for the ARH headers, and I honestly haven't heard of fitment issues for the MBH headers either.

I picked up the headers to guarantee that I would get my headers and paid with my AMEX. It simplifies the resolution process if any issues arises.

Sure thing! I don't mind picking up the headers for you.
Maybe I will have to make a trip up to NYC to visit ARH and have them do it - we can have a beer while they do the install! haha, I may take you up on that - I would need to figure a tune as well when time comes. Thanks, man.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by w204nyc
Hey Jeff are yours welded or clamped? When I had the 200 CEL cats on, there was no issue. Once I swapped to the test pipe, sometimes I get some rattling and shaking. Do you experience any of that?
Are you talking about ARH headers? My catless setup is quiet as can be...I mean except for the exhaust notw
Old 12-23-2016, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by w204nyc
The rattling that you're hearing is probably because you rotated your exhaust pipes and now they are coming in contact with the cross member. You can get under the car and rotate the pipes to allow for spacing from the cross member. I added 2-quarter inch spacers to allow for some additional clearance.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:16 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
The rattling that you're hearing is probably because you rotated your exhaust pipes and now they are coming in contact with the cross member. You can get under the car and rotate the pipes to allow for spacing from the cross member. I added 2-quarter inch spacers to allow for some additional clearance.
I will give that a try thanks Jeff