CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Cl600 door hinge wires in accordion cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 12:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CL600
Cl600 door hinge wires in accordion cover

Does anyone know if there is wiring harness replacement for this issue.
I am getting the infamous wires through the accordion cover in the door hinge issue.
Besides all the usual issues that others have posted as having, which I am as well, I am also having an issue with it causing a power drain on my battery.
I thought my battery was going on me and not holding a charge.
The car would not start sometimes because the battery was drained just a lil flicker, so I called my road side service and and they used a jump box that just boasted the battery so not to cause any electrical spikes which are known to cause more issues for car likes ours.
It started right up and was fine and worked fine I just dismissed it as something must have been left on. Well that lasted for 5-6 days and it happened again so I called my Indy and he said that he has had many of my model chassis with this issue and just had a 500 in for it.
I asked about would it cause a battery drain like I am experiencing and he said absolutely, there are a number of issues that can develop because of that according hinge and the wires getting stretched and fraying, shorting and breaking.
He said there is no wiring harness for this chassis and the wires have to be lengthened and soldered and heat taped sealed.
Does anyone know if this is correct about be harness?
Old 01-16-2017, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
More often it's the stereo components causing battery drain

not the door wiring
Old 01-16-2017, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Yes you have to just repair the wiring, it's part of the body harness which isn't something you want to replace.

Have the draw tested, more often there is a module staying on keeping the car using power. Happens with telematics and stereo modules most often. A good tech will be able to determine where the draw is, not just start replacing parts.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:34 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2001 Mercedes CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
I had the wires in the accordion break and creating a short. Started smoking and with my luck it happened next to an automotive electrical shop. Had to leave the car there and they took the door panel off, replaced, lengthened and soldered the wires. They also added a thick wire/cable to help the thin wires from getting damaged again, due to the constant opening and closing of the driver side door. Bad engineering on Mercedes's part.
Cost: Approx. $800.00