Was having my year service done and re-looked at the new S Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Cars
Was having my year service done and re-looked at the new S Coupe

I just can not stomach the new S Coupe. It looks like junk. They were so stupid to put an E coupe next to the S Coupe, on the showroom floor. Unless you were a Mercedes in the know kinda person, you would never know they were different cars. The car has been de contented beyond belief. Forget having all the wonderful wood (even the W216 has less than the W215) but this car had almost "NO" wood. IMHO, it is a blob. I hope when they do a refresh they rethink the styling of interior ( not the seats) but the dash. I also would hate to pay over 200K for a car that looks like all the rest of the pack. I want so bad to buy one but just cant bring myself to do it. I wont be buying a new MBZ until they have another version.. I honestly hate to say this but BMW has better looking cars but the interiors always look like crap. What do you guys think?
Old 05-31-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
Only BMW, imho, that looks good is the 650i Coupe. I bought a BMW 535D in March and the interior isn't up to my idea of what it should look like. The 'leather' looks like plastic of some sort. Frankly Jaguar's leather is the only leather that impresses me. I miss my XK and the smell/feel of real leather. Need to trade the 535D for a F-Type or used Aston Martin early next year. No new Aston Martin for this poor boy.

I had a MK 1X Jaguar back in the time and the wood in that car looked like Real Wood, not a veneer of wood over God knows what.

I saw a C250 coupe in the car lot today that looks similar to the shape of my CL550. In fact I noticed VW CC's (CC stands for copy cat) look very similar in shape to the CL's Enough ranting.

Oh, hardly ever use my night vision in the CL. Just a rant.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars

Attachment 310733

I totally agree. The 6 is beautiful but your right the interiors are really plastic looking. Cant stand that Buffalo grained, so called leather and they don't even offer a wood wheel. I actually like the 7 Series but again the interior is blah. The 5 doesn't do it for me, I actually like the one that had the cat eyes from back in 05 from the outside. The CC is actually attractive but most people don't and wont pay that kind of money for a VW. Back to what I was originally saying. The new S Coupe isn't selling well. My dealership which is one of the highest volume dealers has been sitting on two white ones for quite a long time. They told me they have sold 4 since they car was introduced. When the W215 came out it sold like they weren't going to make another car ever again. They were producing 5K per year, which was big time for such a high priced car. That was a beautiful car. Once I saw the 07, I was so upset. It wasn't until the 11 came out that I even noticed Mercedes again. I went to Bentley in 09 for a new GT Speed and even though it looked amazing and it was very prestigious, it was a hunk of junk. Now they did a complete refresh in 12 and like the MB in 11 was there a car I finally appreciated. I currently have an 11 CL 550 that I bought for a friend with 9K miles in Borolo Red and its rather plain and junky. Its a base what can you say. The color is the only saving grace but the dash color is like the color of a babies diaper to yellow, the W215 was the perfect interior color (Java), this isn't my favorite car. My CL 600 is a totally different experience and can honestly say it is my favorite new car I have ever owned!

Last edited by 2014CL600; 05-31-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:39 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
"Cant stand that Buffalo grained, so called leather"................that's a good description of the 'leather' in a BMW, at least the one I bought. The next time I explain to the dealer what I think of the BMW leather, I'll use that phrase. Wish I'd bought that used Aston Martin Vantage (used, 23K miles) they just sold at Park Place Maserati. The BMW would have been a good trade in for it.

Both your cars look very good to me. But red isn't a color I care for. Your wheels look good but I like 'simpler' wheels like on the red CL mostly because I wash my own cars even though Park Place Mercedes offers free car washes (I hate waiting in line for anything). Wheels that are more cluttered are a pain to clean right.

I almost didn't buy my CL because of the way the bottom of the seats sort of 'wads' up or put another way 'fits' loosely. On the other hand I'm sitting on it so it's not a real problem. The new S Coupe has a different style of seat/material and it looks better.

On a side note: I looked in the window at Park Place last Sunday and they had a AMG GTS inside facing away from the window at an angle. The rear quarter view reminded me of a XK Jaguar a lot. Too bad they don't make XK's anymore.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars

I think they are still making the XK but I could be wrong. I bought for a daily driver an 07 XJR I love this car. I bought my CL 600 special order from Park Place Mercedes. My friend who works in NJ for Mercedes AMG and Designo, ordered my car. Its a 1 of 1. Not a single one in the same color combo out there. As for the wheels, I hate the wheels on the Borolo red car. I love the 20" wheels on the Designo Charcoal car. It is what makes the car stand out. Since I live where it doesn't rain EVER and its always in the garage and I drive about 500 miles a year. It NEVER gets dirty and wiping them off is a snap. Yes for sure the BMW is a Buffalo grained stamping and looks cheap. You actually have to get the Uber special leather interior but No one wants to spend the money for that option and the colors are very limited. Much like the new Mercedes. Not even Designo colors except in the mat finishes only. My friend is trying to get them to offer more Designo colors next year and they also are offering for 10K extra, you can have ANY color from past year Mercedes. I like that but I just don't like the looks of the new Mercedes. The CLS is the most beautiful car but the interiors are still very plastic.