Questions about media interface and media interface plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CL 2011
Questions about media interface and media interface plus

Just bought a CL and have a few questions about ipod integration:

1. The seller says the CL has ipod integration. I was reading about the media interface. Is this suppose to come with the CL, or is something I have to buy separate?
2. What is the difference between the media interface and media interface plus?
3. Does the media interface plus need to the media interface to work, or can I just buy the media interface plus?
Old 04-09-2015, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Jaguar XJL Portfolio, 2007 CL 600, 2006 Audi A8L
Sorry, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer your questions. Re-post your questions in the W221 forum, an you are sure to get a faster answer. The audio system on the S class is exactly the same. Lot's of other parts are the same too. Most people use that forum to get questions answered. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:58 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...owners_manuals

Maybe download the manual for the CL your interested in from the MBUSA site?

For a CL550 of 2011 vintage, the applicable page is 216 if memory serves.

In my 2011 CL the IPOD connection is in the glove box with other connections (like for a USB). Ask the seller if the IPOD connection is in the glove box???? He seems to know the car is set up for it.

Are you saying that your IPOD won't work when connected to the cable in the glove box?
Old 06-07-2015, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Cars
You have the cables standard from the factory on the 11-up for I pod and I phone integration. They are in the glove box. The media interface is standard but I bought and returned the Media Interface Plus, It doesn't work as described on the W221 and W216. If you have an older model iPhone or Apple product, you can buy from the W222 accessory, the newer style cable plugs into the USB port in the glove box and it will power your Apple product with the lightning connector. Either sell the other cable on Ebay or throw it away. The USB will provide you with charging of your phone and transfer of your music library to the head. Good luck and great purchase. You picked the correct version to own. 11-14 is the only way to fly. Why go Business Class when you can fly First Class for just a little more.