Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (W215, W216)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (W215, W216) Discuss the CL55, CL65, and the CL63 AMG.

Sponsored by : Velos Designwerks
Click Here

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #1

Drives: 2003 cl55 (sold)
Check and RE-Check your tire balance - here's why

Recently replaced my tires (which happens way more often than it should) and everything seemed fine. I did notice a slightly more bouncy ride (by just a little and anybody besides me would never, ever notice) but attributed it to the new tires and new tread. I replaced them with the same tires in the front and different ones in the back. Drove for about 1000 miles and (because I am ****) decided to go back and check the balance again to make sure it wasn't that. Well, it was. Not even 1000 miles after replacing the tires, all 4 tires were out of balance! WTF? How does that happen in no time at all? Well, the guy told me that they put lube on the tires when they put them on to not scratch the rims. He said after driving, the tires "settle" on the rim and this slight movement causes them to now be out of balance again! Not to the point where the whole tire shakes and it's obvious when you drive, but by just a tad. Now, if I wasn't super **** with my ride, I would have never even thought twice about checking it again. It was barely, barely noticeable, but all 4 were out of balance! Not good. Of course this means worse handling, increased wear on the tires, more dangerous and whatever else. So, if you have recently changed your tires, it may be worth rechecking the balance, as now the car drives super smooth and feels much less twitchy on the road. A little FYI. Thanks
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

jicl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

balancing tires is not an exact science- more like a compromise.

balance all you want, mount, drive for 100 miles, check balance - tires are off. repeat as many times as you wish until realize that they are always out of balance regardless of balancer brand and operator.

perfect balance is a hit or miss... once you hit it with a set of tires - stick with it.
alx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Drives: 2003 CL55
If they just balanced them on a standard balancer; then go back and get road force balance. Made a huge difference on the ride on my car..

AMG CL55 UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD SC pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes,172mm crank pulley , UPD SC pulley, Cobra Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.
Exotic-metal55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:47 PM

Tags
10, balance, balanced, balancers, balancesan, benz, check, diego, drove, force, happen, road, san, time, tire, tires