CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

New front grille star emblem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
New front grille star emblem

i got this made for my car. I have the single fin grille with my fins done in carbon fiber for my CL55. Here's the new emblem that's going to go on my grille.

It's going to be wired to my parking lights. All my lights are LEDs and this is emblem is the same color, so it will all match my setup very nicely. I'm going to be turning a lot of heads lol. I've never seen anything like this on any Mercedes, should look sick. My car is equipped with Distronic, so I'm going to get a plastic piece made for the backing of it so the elements don't mess up the radar sensor. Can't wait to test it out and see how it looks on the car. Pics don't do this piece justice. Even from the other side of the highway, you'll know a mean Benz is driving by
Just wait til my car is finished, can't wait to showcase it. Truly a Mercedes-Benz like no other

Last edited by zneB-sedecreM; 06-27-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM
i got this made for my car. I have the single fin grille with my fins done in carbon fiber for my CL55. Here's the new emblem that's going to go on my grille.

It's going to be wired to my parking lights. All my lights are LEDs and this is emblem is the same color, so it will all match my setup very nicely. I'm going to be turning a lot of heads lol. I've never seen anything like this on any Mercedes, should look sick. My car is equipped with Distronic, so I'm going to get a plastic piece made for the backing of it so the elements don't mess up the radar sensor. Can't wait to test it out and see how it looks on the car. Pics don't do this piece justice. Even from the other side of the highway, you'll know a mean Benz is driving by
Just wait til my car is finished, can't wait to showcase it. Truly a Mercedes-Benz like no other
when is the project gonna be finished?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Cl 55 AMG
I might be interested in one. Are any more available or do you want to maintain exclusivity with this one. Mighty fine piece of exterior mod. Will look sick! Let me know how to get, you can use the PM if you want. J
Old 06-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by danlnyc
when is the project gonna be finished?
Soon my friend, soon.
My headliner, visors and pillars are currently getting wrapped in leather. My car has 'Charcoal' colored leather. It's going to be matched beautifully up top, with the same depth to the leather like the interior. Everyone gets suede, leather is isn't something you see. I'm also getting red seat belt material for all 4 seat belts. All this is getting done at the moment.

And my already custom tail lights are also getting tweaked. I'm going to update them. I don't like how the running lights on our tails are just 2 plain bulbs. Makes them look dated.

Very dull look
Now theyre going to be updated to have the look like the new style bunch of LEDs in the back like so;

I don't believe that has been done to a W215, and NO ONE sells a taillight that is all LED for it. Definitely going to update the rear tremendously. And while they're getting done, I'm also getting the strobe module installed. So when I hit my brakes really hard, my LED brake lights are going to strobe to get the attention of those behind.
I'm not posting pics as it's not done, but I am trying to keep you in the loop as to what's going on at the moment.
A photoshoot is planned. Just wait til you see where this car is going to be shot in. A place You've never seen a car. I promise, I'm gonna make the CL owners proud from what you can make the machine look like.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Soon my friend, soon.
My headliner, visors and pillars are currently getting wrapped in leather. My car has 'Charcoal' colored leather. It's going to be matched beautifully up top, with the same depth to the leather like the interior. Everyone gets suede, leather is isn't something you see. I'm also getting red seat belt material for all 4 seat belts. All this is getting done at the moment.

And my already custom tail lights are also getting tweaked. I'm going to update them. I don't like how the running lights on our tails are just 2 plain bulbs. Makes them look dated.

Very dull look
Now theyre going to be updated to have the look like the new style bunch of LEDs in the back like so;

I don't believe that has been done to a W215, and NO ONE sells a taillight that is all LED for it. Definitely going to update the rear tremendously. And while they're getting done, I'm also getting the strobe module installed. So when I hit my brakes really hard, my LED brake lights are going to strobe to get the attention of those behind.
I'm not posting pics as it's not done, but I am trying to keep you in the loop as to what's going on at the moment.
A photoshoot is planned. Just wait til you see where this car is going to be shot in. A place You've never seen a car. I promise, I'm gonna make the CL owners proud from what you can make the machine look like.
damn, those LED taillights look super clean. I was wondering about this same thing earlier this week....are you planning on sharing after you showcase the car? cause I'd love to know how do you did those tails...

also did you put LED's inside the middle brake light on top of the trunk?

Last edited by danlnyc; 06-28-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:03 AM

cl500
led star ?

Where did you have that made bro I've bought two from eBay and neither fit my cl500
Old 04-14-2016, 11:35 AM

cl500
???

Where did you find it can't find one for my cl500 single fin grille the star is about 6.5 inches.... thinking about changing grille so I can have led emblem but not sure what grille would fit... any help would be truly appreciated
Old 01-11-2021, 08:52 PM

W219
Led 6.5 for 08 cls 550

Originally Posted by kash01
Where did you find it can't find one for my cl500 single fin grille the star is about 6.5 inches.... thinking about changing grille so I can have led emblem but not sure what grille would fit... any help would be truly appreciated
I've been looking for a minute and couldn't find the proper led emblem for my w219 any suggestions on how to get this done

Last edited by Corey Rivers; 01-11-2021 at 08:59 PM.