CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Eurocharged TCM Tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 07:02 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2006 CL55 AMG
Eurocharged TCM Tune?

Now that smaller upper pulley, EC I/C, and EC tune are installed: Debating weather to install headers or EC TCM Tune. Any advice/experience for the TCM tune...does is it show worth?
Old 04-01-2015, 11:42 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
Originally Posted by principledchiro
Now that smaller upper pulley, EC I/C, and EC tune are installed: Debating weather to install headers or EC TCM Tune. Any advice/experience for the TCM tune...does is it show worth?
I have no idea. There are suppoed to be like 140+ fixes/improvements in the TCU tunes by EC or BI. EC can adjust whatever value you like, thats what that man jerry told me once via email.
I have to admit, i bought the TCU tune a year ago and still have not ordered them to ship it out, as i actually would want to wait until all the other mods are installed so they can adjust the TCU to my Torque settings (i hope i understand that right that the torque limiter and management is done by TCU?).

Anyway can you tell me how much improvement in drivability that smaller upper and tune brought to you? How much quicker does it feel?
Old 04-01-2015, 12:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2006 CL55 AMG
The blower pulley, I/C, Beltwrap, and tune are...according to the "Butt Dyno" worth the 60 chp Eurocharged makes claim to. Off the line, mid range, and the long haul are impressive.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:55 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 CLS63 S AMG
Sent my TCM off Monday night for the tune from Eurocharged. I'll report back when the TCM returns. Very excited to have the torque limited removed and have faster crisper shifts.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
I could not really tell a difference with mine after the TTCU tune, but my car was only making about 2#'s of boost due to another issue at the time I did the TCU tune. I suspect that is why it didn't seem to make much of a difference at the time.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:30 AM

2015 CLS63 S AMG
Hmmm... I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the feedback Dr Matt. I'll take videos and compare shift times. Mostly just wanna get rid of that shift delay in 1st-2nd. Also the Torque Limiter is a huge bonus as well. Fingers crossed
Old 10-01-2015, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
I have had mine for a while, for me it just seems to shift slightly faster under normal driving, while no interruption in throttle when accelerating with WOT. It makes the tuned ECU put the power down without an on off feel in between.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:29 AM

2015 CLS63 S AMG
Hmm... ok, thanks for the feedback RaceHorse, do you guys think it may be a difference since you both have 65s and I have a 55? I mean I'm not doubting either of you but I have heard positive things from 55 owners about the difference. And that on/off feel is what I cannot stand, I'll have someone in the car and WOT it and when it shifts we both get thrown forward and a second later get thrown back in our seats again when the power comes back on.

TCM should be delivered today around noon so going to dip out of work early and hopefully I'll be please with the results when it's installed again.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:04 PM

2015 CLS63 S AMG
So, I played hooky for an hour and a half and went home to get my TCM. Didn't want it getting soggy (Hurricane in VA) or getting stolen by the neighborhood kids.

So the things I noticed. I pulled away from the stop leaving my neighborhood and it broke traction at 20% throttle. Not that that's any accomplishment in our cars but the change was that ESP didn't go crazy and bring the hammer down on me.

The shifts are much quicker and the buttons are much more responsive. Now don't get confused. This tune did not turn the 722.6 5spd into a DCT trans by any means but it does react much faster. While just cruising I was playing with the buttons and between button push and trans shift, it was less than a full second. To me that's a big improvement over stock considering the wait before would almost put you to sleep.

Also a nice change is that comfort mode seems usable at any gear now. Even before downshifting in "C" if you give it gas the car moves forward as though it's a manual car in a higher gear. No hesitation or car wondering. "Does he want to use the Torque on tap?" it goes, and is smooth about it. Also I have a FSP so this may have something to do with it as well.

Downshifting is much quicker than before, I kicked it down going under a bridge just to see how quickly it would, and as soon as I felt the click it shifted and threw me back before I had a chance to let off of it. Nice considering some runs I had with lesser cars were closer than they should have been because of the kickdown delay.

Finally, the pedal travel. It doesn't seem to need nearly as much gas to get the car going. I found myself having to readjust my foot because a little bit of throttle goes a long way now. Before you could really step on it and the trans wouldn't shift until your foot was nearly touching the floor. Wish I could properly explain the rest of it and it may be the torque converter lock up but it feels like the transmission and engine are a team again. Rolls smooth at all speeds, until you get on it.

Sorry if this sounds like gibberish to the more experienced users but these are just my take aways for the 20 minute drive back in DC. And considering I got a deal on it. I'm very happy with the results. Oh and bonus, finally saw 17 mpg on the way back in. Nice change.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
See it works, it is not the easiest thing to describe, but there is no doubt there is a huge benefit to the overall feel. ECU /TCU is a great first step, a LSD helps put the power down to enjoy your car even more on the street.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
Glad to hear it made such a difference. When I got my car it had the wrong MAP sensor in the intercooler vac/boost reading position so it was only making 2-3#'s of boost. I did the ECU/TCU tune right away, but since it was winter (means driving on snow & ice constantly in Alaska) I didn't figure out there was a boost issue until I added the Aeroforce interceptor gauge and finally months later got it on a spot of road that wasn't covered in ice. Finally figured out why the car seemed so slow after 6 months of ownership, almost no boost! Because it was not making boost before or after the tune, I never really felt the difference the tune made.

FWIW I kept the old (wrong) sensor and if I ever have to let someone else drive the car (like a shop) I plan to swap it out with the right one, instant loss of at least 2-300HP/TQ yet the car runs fine and doesn't throw any DTC's.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:56 PM

2015 CLS63 S AMG
So it dried up today. Got a chance to get on the car. The shifts are amazing at WOT. 1st-2nd gave a slight bit of hesitation but 2nd-3rd was almost instant and liternally had no loss of power.

The torque is constant, especially with ESP off but once again that may be due to my Fixed Pulley. As stated, there's no night and day difference but it makes the car feel just so much more athletic, responsive and urgent.

Seriously suggest it if you are on the fence. It's a nice benefit and there's the ability to have it retuned for transmission mods as well.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Anyone done this mod with a 722.9?

I know there's not that much you can do with them, but any little bit would help....