CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Memorial weekend races

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
Memorial weekend races

Well, nothing impressive to report, yet. New mods since I ran a 10.73 @ 128 last year are a cat delete, throttle body gasket upgrade, and killer chiller. Best pass today was a 10.87@127. But,it was really hot (for Alaska) and the DA was pretty high for our track, and the first few passes I was spinning like crazy. The track started to hook late today, so hoping it will be good Sunday & Monday. Was hoping to run faster than ever, but it didn't happen, yet.

However, the intercooler's had frost on them in the staging lanes, and I outran a Hellcat. It was stock, other than drag radials, but hey I have a vid of a race with one finally and I put a bus length or two on it. I had fans ask for my autograph for the first time ever, and a great friend racing his 2015 mustang for the first time took second place in King Of The Street only loosing by breaking out in the final round. Not a bad day at all.

Last edited by Dr Matt; 05-29-2016 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by Dr Matt
Well, nothing impressive to report, yet. New mods since I ran a 10.73 @ 128 last year are a cat delete, throttle body gasket upgrade, and killer chiller. Best pass today was a 10.87@127. But,it was really hot (for Alaska) and the DA was pretty high for our track, and the first few passes I was spinning like crazy. The track started to hook late today, so hoping it will be good Sunday & Monday. Was hoping to run faster than ever, but it didn't happen, yet.

However, the intercooler's had frost on them in the staging lanes, and I outran a Hellcat. It was stock, other than drag radials, but hey I have a vid of a race with one finally and I put a bus length or two on it. I had fans ask for my autograph for the first time ever, and a great friend racing his 2015 mustang for the first time took second place in King Of The Street only loosing by breaking out in the final round. Not a bad day at all.
Do you think the system could benefit form a larger volume of coolant for the KC to cool? What do your IATs look like by the end of the run? I have no basis for comparison. I was just wondering if the volume is too small to provide cool temps in circulation for the burnout followed by the WOT. Also, were you able to drop tire pressure a bit for better traction? I was running around 25 lbs last time out.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
At the beginning of a run, after a burnout, my IAT's are in the 70's -low 80's. Even after a 20 minute wait in the staging lanes. I am still putting fans on the car between rounds, and keep the hood open if I'm going to be in the lanes for more than a couple minutes. There is condensation on the intercooler's, once even frost. I'll try to get a pic today. The IAT's are staying low through the run, I keep forgetting to look as I cross the line, but I believe they are below 100.

As for tire pressure, I was spinning bad at first. Kept dropping the pressure and the car started to hook most of the passes after I was down to 20#'s. Best 60' of 1.58! Not sure if I need to update the tune for the cat delete or what. All of the mods I did, killer chiller, TB gasket, & cat delete, should improve power. Going to give it another try today. Last night I was talking with another racer who runs a low 9 second 71 Mach 1. He said everyone was running .3 slower than normal due to t he air.

Last edited by Dr Matt; 05-30-2016 at 12:55 PM.