Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA 250
Just bought 2014 CLA, no manual, various questions

Hello,

First off is the tire pressure:

When it says Correct Tire Pressure in green and there are two tires with the pressure in green below, does it mean that those two are the correct tire pressure, or that those two need to be corrected.

I can't tell if it's a command to correct something or letting know the ones in green are correct.

Secondly, what is my Driver Assist actually doing?

Thirdly, what are all these options under system all about? I'm new to all these new things this car can do and I'm looking for as many tips as I can to get the most use out of them. This car came with all the bells and whistles, I just have no idea what half of them look like.

I will eventually download and read the manual, but if someone could just tell me some of the more cool non obvious things that are available it will save me from missing out on them even if I have a manual.

Thanks,
Big Guy
Old 08-04-2016, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
The tire pressures should be green if set correctly, but they can be changed and reset through the menus. Set them to correct pressures and push the down arrow on the tire pressure screen, it will ask you if you want to reset the pressures in the system, select ok. Then they will be accurate, all green, and give warnings when they drop. I've seen people reset the system at too high of a pressure and get warnings with the tires lowered to correct pressures.

The assistance systems, all do different things, but in reality if you don't drive like a retard you won't see much intervention from them. The blind spot warning is the only really useful system in my experience as people in south FL like to cut into any opening in traffic, and the warning when you signal is nice to prevent those types of crashes but it's a bit oversensative in my experience.

There may be a digital owners manual accessible through COMAND, I know the C class and up have it.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA 250
This helps a lot, thanks Joe.