CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

HELP!Conductor plate? Wont shift, stalled and wont start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 clk 430
HELP!Conductor plate? Wont shift, stalled and wont start

Ok, i bought a 01 CLK430 about a year ago. Ran good but then my automatic slap shift wouldnt let me shift so i would have to stop pull over put it in park then start going again. The SOS light and ABS light both came on along with check engine light as well.Then recently it wouldnt let me shift at all and only able to use park,reverse and drive. But in drive it shifts to 2nd gear but wont go to 3rd. Ive read alot of posts where it was the conductor plate. Which i ordered that and today i was driving thru town on my way home and out of no where it stalled and it wont turn back on. I have fuel and pressure but it cranks but wont turn over. So i need any and all input that would help before a dealership tries charging me thousands of dollars. Please let me know. Thanks
Old 04-17-2014, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
2002 CLK430
You may want to dump the codes. The problem may be related to a bad conductor plate, but without the codes, you're tossing parts at the problem with the hope that something sticks.