CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need help with lights (inside and license plate)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208
Need help with lights (inside and license plate)

Hi guys.

A few days ago as I was driving in the city, I suddenly had a "Lamp Malfunction" pop up. Upon further inspection, it seems to have affected two places (at least I haven't managed to find anything else yet, but I checked every light that I am aware of). The first is the license plate light and the second is the climate control backlight. Feels quite random that both of them would drop out at the same time.

I should mention that I have changed most lights to LEDs a few months ago. The ones for the license plate I have managed to test in a different spot and they still work. Unfortunately, the ones in the climate control I have no way to test and I haven't found any replacement ones I could try out.

So is there any kind of connection between these two? Any fuse or cable or something that could be causing this?
Old 04-20-2015, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208
So, uhm, I ended up finding the fuse. Changed it out and it worked for a few drives and today it went again. So I tried removing the most recent lights I put in to see if they are the problem (license plate and climate control), however now the fuse blows the second I turn on the lights...

Any advice as to what might be causing this?