CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

TOP PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 200
Exclamation TOP PROBLEM

Hello ,in my attempt to open the soft top roof of my car, i noticed that there was an oil hydrolic fluid leak from somewhere of the passenger side and the same time the soft top roof of the car stopped working and got stuck ! anyone to help m e?
Attached Thumbnails TOP PROBLEM-img-20141124-wa0005.jpg  
Old 11-25-2014, 11:27 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
You likely have a broken hose or hydraulic cylinder. You'll need to do a manual close, but this is going to be difficult because you can't get into the trunk to open the override valves. The instructions for manual closing are in your owner's manual - if you don't have one, download a PDF copy from the Owner's section of mbusa.com. Also, I have a video that may help:

benzbits.com/w209/soft_top/ManualClose.wmv

Some things you may be able to do are pop the cover back in place by hand, or, use the blade key to manually open the trunk (CAREFULLY!) and then release the override valves, which will make manipulating the top and cover easier.

Once you get it closed so you can drive again, your next step should be to contact Klaus at Top Hydraulics - he's the expert on the system and selles parts for much less than dealer prices.