CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Kleemann ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 528i
Kleemann ECU upgrade

Well, I jumped on the Kleemann deal, just got the unit back and did the re-install. Had some CEL and sensor issues/bad idle initially, so I had to power down and reset everything a 2nd time, which got things back to normal.

Definitely has a more "connected" throttle feel, and more linear scope of travel with a feeling of solid power all thru the range of accel travel. Previously the car tended to treat accel inputs more abruptly, almost turbo-ish. I'll need a few more days to get accustomed to it and can report more later. Nicely, it does seem to interact a lot better with the transmission shift points, I dare say it's the perfect combo.

As for power increase, I haven't had a good block of time free to assess yet (work commute is super short - only 2 miles on suburban streets), but seems to have a strong peak torque. Should have some feedback by the weekend. As soon as I have my PLX Kiwi replaced, I'll be able to start logging data again.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 G55k
Hi. When you say, "power down and reset everything a second time" what exactly did you do?

I may be having the same issue with rough idle after my Kleemann supercharger/header install.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by BonitaBeast
Hi. When you say, "power down and reset everything a second time" what exactly did you do?

I may be having the same issue with rough idle after my Kleemann supercharger/header install.
Bro, this post is almost a year old. May not get a response back.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Originally Posted by BonitaBeast

He probably meant a hard reset, disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes. I've had to do the same before, solved the issue I was having.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 PM

BMW 528i
Yep, battery disconnect. Also had to double-check seating of the plugs - they can be a bit funky to seat properly.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 G55k
Originally Posted by boxeswithknobs
Yep, battery disconnect. Also had to double-check seating of the plugs - they can be a bit funky to seat properly.
Thanks for the reply. I seem to have resolved most of the issues. The car is now running nicely. Idling is my only minor issue left. I'm still getting some minor misfiring causing a rough idle. But once past 1000rpm, the engine is perfectly smooth.

I think I may try the plugs as you mentioned