CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

ONE OF A KIND CLK 55K SUPERCHARGED AMG CONVERTIBLE FOR SALE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55
ONE OF A KIND CLK 55K SUPERCHARGED AMG CONVERTIBLE FOR SALE!

What's up guys, some of you may have seen my brief but original thread where this CLK dream was taken from idea, to completion...Thank you for your interest & support.

I just wanted to start by letting you know it is with regret that I'm writing this classified ad, but as always: priorities dictate decisions. ** If you don't TRULY want to know about the car or how it came to be, skip down to the Modifications list

Available for purchase is a realized dream of mine, I've been an avid Mercedes fan for decades, owned a handful of them from the purposeful W163 ML SUV, to the bold & powerful CL600/C215 V12. I've had 2 of the AMG 55 Kompressor supercharged vehicles (W211 E55, and R230 SL55).... and after the sale of my most recent car, it dawned on me; I appreciate Benzes for their styling, power & performance, but I do not appreciate the higher repair costs associated with their "higher" end models: E, S, CL-Class, etc.

So, I had just sold my SL55, Now What!? I wanted to own another devilishly fast, work of art on wheels, BUT! Without the repair high costs associated with may other Mercedes models, where: Hydraulic suspension averages $1k per side at the dealer, and excessive and un-used, fancy features break often.

So I concocted a plan: I used to own a W208 CLK430 Cabriolet (V8), that I added a HPS (alleged "bolt-on") supercharger to, and to keep a long story short the "bolt-on" was not as "bolt-on" as it claimed, not much Umph!, and the fitment issues did not make me a happy guy. I said to myself a W208 CLK's body is a classic, a beauty, the last "4 eyed" Benz of the CLK body style, I know you don't like the conjoined "fried egg" shape of the subsequent W209 CLK's headlights In my opinion, the W208 is a body style that will be prized for the decades to follow, a near future collectible; In fact the body is so appreciated, it has been featured in more than 150+ Hollywood productions, everything from the Sons Of Anarchy (TV), to notorious movies such as: Fifty Shades Of Gray, Vanilla Sky, and others.

Oh!, but what was the plan I'd concocted!? ... To build a Fast As F' W208 CLK, and since it was to be a Florida car, it needed to be a drop-top. I Knew from day 1 it had to be a White one, White with Black interior. Magic happened and I found a low mileage W208 CLK55 Convertible, Designo, White on Black with in a few hundred miles from me; long story short that: Super clean 78,000 Mile 2002 CLK55 was the foundation on which to build this dream. There were only 1340 of this Body available to the USA in 2002, out of 1340 approximately 350 were Designo Editions White on Black leather, Imagine how many are still on the road, then still on the road and in 5/10 condition, than imagine how few would be left in 9 /10 Condition...? Can you imagine!? Well I found one of them!

So, how do I build upon the already decent power this CLK55 AMG Convertible came from Germany with 347HP / 376lb-ft?? I'd lost confidence in the aftermarket since my experience with the HPS product on the last W208 I had; Go OEM, that's how, OEM the O.nly E.ngine for M.e I loved the engine in my E55, and SL55, so why not transplant it into the CLK!? Supercharged, AMG Kompressor V8! with a factory rating of 493 HP / 515 lb-ft Torque, who doesn't like the sound of that!? 146HP / 139 lb-ft More Than Factory!! Also down the line when I wanted gobs more usable power (ECU Tuning, Smaller / Upgraded pulley's, etc) a 50+ HP upgrade was only $1k or so away. That was it, the plan was hatched.

I wanted to ensure I'd learned from experiences of the past, by making sure everything was done as comprehensively & cleanly as it could be (by an Over-Qualified Professional), with intentions to keep this car as factory as possible in feel, fit & function. This car drives & feels just like my SL55 but faster, and more nimble! Considering it's 555 lbs lighter than the SL55 it's no surprise!

I won't tell crazy stories about what mysteries had to be solved in order to complete this dream, as matching the new engine to this car & it's V12 compatible transmission (Don't try this swap on a CLK320 or 430 -- the tranny won't tame this M113k power), just a simple list below, and then I'll conclude this announcement with....

If you like Rare, Fast, and Clean Benzes (that not everyone and their mom who can take out a $30k auto loan has) than this is the one of a kind, exclusive, silly clean sleeper you've been looking for.

MODIFICATIONS ( Parts with custom fabrication and installation totaling $20,000.00+):
  • Mercedes AMG Kompressor- Supercharged M113 5.4l V8 engine from 2006 (Last production year, newest tech & improvements made) S55 AMG Sedan with 77k Miles on it, it was Not an accident car, with Matching ECU.
  • Custom Cooling Fan
  • New OEM Alternator
  • Custom TCU Tuning - from Eurocharged
  • H&R Sport Springs
  • Koni Adjustable (dampening) Shocks
  • KMAC- Front & Rear Camber/Toe Kit for factory alignment specifications, and increased tire life for lowered cars (Custom Alignment completed after all parts installed)
  • Shaved sidemarkers from the front impact strip for the Euro look that this car was designed with, and features in markets outside of the USA.
  • AMG Monoblock wheels - 18x8, 18x9 Staggered configuration (can be added to sale for an additional $1k - if not car includes Original 17" 2 Piece AMG chrome rims)

Q. Did You really Drop A Supercharged AMG Engine In There!?

A. Engine swap you say!? Now for the faint of heart! I agree with you. The only way I'd consider doing the swap is if it could be completed by a shop who's leadership I'd known with firsthand observations. The shops owner was a 15+ yr Master Tech at NY's largest Mercedes Benz dealerships, Special technician to high-net worth, and celebrity clients, and had his own personal Turbocharged Benz that he designed and fabricated from scratch, he'd installed my previous aftermarket supercharger in my old car, etc, etc, I knew his ability. He said he could do it, and he didn't let me down!

Q. How Does The Car Drive!?

A. The car behaves like factory, smooth, quiet idle, mash the gas, and the car moves like a supercharged train on rails! Torquey & linear power! 0-60 in the low 4 Seconds! w/o mods!
All functions work as intended. You open the hood, and you'd never know that the new Supercharged AMG M113 engine under the hood was not installed by Klaus in Deutschland. One distinction from factory specification is that the ESP/BAS systems are non-operational at this time, the "nanny" is off for the weekend, so If you shift to a low gear and WOT the car, and the car will for it's safety (since wheel spin is no longer limited by the factory nanny systems) disconnect the engine from the tranny to avoid any damage, in which case you put it in "N"eutral, and re-start. If you know how to drive this will nearly never occur and is a non-issue. I understand possibly some tuners in Europe have a way to program the TCU differently (I already tried changing a few parameters with EUROCHARGED, but it didn't 100% address it) I don't know of who/where to go, so I didn't address it, as it's caused me no concern.

Q. It sure Sounds Great, But Is There Anything Wrong With It?

A. Flaws: tiny curb rash on one of the 17" AMG chrome rims. Leather from Dash-top in one small area needs to be re-adhered to the dash, there's a wrinkle in the leather. The "orthopedic" seats aren't very orthopedic right now. Inside of top - liner plastic trim around inner rear window has crack - you'd never have seen it if I didn't just itemize it here Tiny windshield star nick. ha, ha, that's about it, it is currently a 13yr old car, so expect normal (but minimal) signs of use both interior & exterior, however the photos will show you that this is a 9/10 car interior and exterior. No accidents to my knowlege, and always a Florida car since new, NOT a rust-belt car, averaging only 6,000 miles per year, and seeing her you know she was a weekend cruiser, and well taken care of, a needle in a hay stack for sure.

SUMMARY: The car is a beast, short and simple. If you like: One-of-a-kind * I know of no other CLK55 Cabriolet with this swap done to it.. Classic, fast beauties, you may have just found your new car, thanks for your interest, and I don't know if I will relist the vehicle again, if there's no market for it, so if you think this may be the one to make you stand out in the crowd, don't hesitate to contact me, and let's strike a deal!, I'm a fair & reasonable guy, and my Buy It Now is for substantially less than in invested in this rare beauty. Thank you! Additional photos available upon request to serious parties.

$25,000 OBO SL55 KILLER.
CAR IS ON EBAY NOW, HERE'S THE LINK:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-CLK-Class-55AMG-/331633106939?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d36df9ffb&item=331633106939

Old 10-25-2015, 10:30 AM

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 CL55, 2003 SL55 and 2009 G55
Beautiful car!!! Not a big fan of white but this is cool car! Did you use the M113k motor mounts? What's it look like underneath? So does the cut off engage anytime you go to light the tires up or do doughnuts or just while downshifting?