CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Front adjustable camber plates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 SL-63
Front adjustable camber plates

Now that HG Motorsports has developed adjustable rear control arms, front camber plates are next. HG's rear arms now give you the ability to insert shims to adjust camber in fractions of deg.
That eliminates having to do alignments. You have shims giving you adjustment in half deg. increments you can adjust yourself.
HG installed front adjustable bushings in the Warrior to get me close to 2 Deg. neg. front but no more. K-Mac has the same part and method to adjust front and rear same method.
What we need is front adjustable camber plates. I checked around with leading suppliers of these parts and found nothing available for the CLK-63 Black Series.
HG will now focus on producing this part giving us front and rear adjustability we can do ourselves. These cars need neg. camber to handle. A must for track events.
Look for their write up on the launch of their new rear control arms coming soon here. HG has 12 sets available bringing the Black to a whole new level on handling. My first response was "it corners like its on rails" !
I'm using Michelin Sports a street tire. Imagine the Corsa's or slicks !
Attached Thumbnails Front adjustable camber plates-untitled.png  
Attached Images   
Old 08-18-2014, 03:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
I can't wait for this product to come out! This will perfect for folks like me that track and street their cars. Really looking forward to this!!!

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:13 PM

2008 CLK63 BS
I have already ordered a replacement top strut mounts from K-MAC for my car. They should arrive in 2 weeks. Precisely Camber and Caster adjustable available in Stage 2 (street/race) or, Stage 3 (Full race) versions. I have chosen the Street/Race.

The street/race pieces have the same amount of adjustment as the Stage 3 Full Race kit but, the Spherical bearings incorporate elastomer for extended life/day to day commuter use.

So combined with the lower arm Camber and Caster adjusters am looking forward to optimum handling!! Definitely nothing to blame the car for, it's all up to me now.

It would be cool if we could run our cars on the same track to compare times. I'm sure you have more experience, but would still be useful to compare.

All the best,

Mike
Old 09-08-2014, 12:50 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Mike,

Any updates on the K-MAC mods?

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:20 PM

2008 CLK63 BS
That week was so busy with customers cars that I did not have time to put the K-Mac bushings in before the Michigan race. Now I am just waiting for the plates to arrive and I will put everything in at the same time. I will make a post when I have them.

Mike
Old 09-09-2014, 03:00 AM
SPONSOR

Received 155 Likes on 125 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by MOFLO
Mike,

Thanks!

Will be shipping this Friday. Have managed to design with 40mm (1 1/2") of Negative Camber travel (plus extra Positive Caster). Also designed so no need to remove strut brace to change settings.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:35 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Any updates on this?

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2014, 08:20 PM

2008 CLK63 BS
Any updates on this?

Thanks!
I installed the rear bushings already, a couple of the front bushings were the wrong ones. I should have the correct pieces here this week and I will put everything in on the front.

I just set my rear camber to -1.5, 0 toe. The rear camber could go to around -2.6-2.7 degrees if you wanted it to just by turning the bushing, very cool design!

Just know that if you plan on changing rear camber (same goes for front) at the track you better have a Toe-Bar to reset toe, changes big time with minor camber adjustments.

I also ordered the Weistec Delrin bushings to replace the rest of the bushings in the rear. I was hoping the K-Mac bushings would help with the rear-end wandering at full throttle, but they only replace 2 on each side, many more left.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:06 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Any updates on this?

Thanks!

Yes now in production. Simply replaces existing upper strut mounts (no mods).

Not steel or soft billet alloy but ultimate aircraft 7075 grade aluminum. Can adjust accurately (under load) direct on alignment turntable (and with strut brace fitted!).

Features extra heavy duty PTFE lined spherical bearings with separate radial thrust bearings for steering loads.

Stage 2 (Street/Race) version P/N 502216-2L $545
Stage 3 (Full Race) version P/N 502216-3L $545

When used in conjunction with the K-MAC Black Series front Camber and Caster lower arm adjuster kits (P/N 502616K $480) will certainly provide that race winning edge with both extra Neg. Camber and wider Track width (allowing to go deeper into the corners and hit those corner apexes every time!).

NOTE: The Black Series rear Camber (and extra Toe) adjuster kit is P/N 501526H $320.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:31 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Any updates and pictures on the camber plates and rear suspension parts?

Does the kit change all bushing or only 4 links (main and trailing arms)?
Old 02-13-2015, 04:25 PM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Any updates and pictures on the camber plates and rear suspension parts?

Does the kit change all bushing or only 4 links (main and trailing arms)?
i think board sponsor that makes this product should start their own discussion thread, because OP SteveB sold his car shortly after making this post...
Old 02-13-2015, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
I have had adjustable units on my BS for about two years from Weistec (they were developed on my car).
Old 02-23-2015, 02:54 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Mike,

Thanks!
We know that Mike at Eurotoys (sales@eurotoysltd.com) has K-MAC Stage 2 (Street/Race) Front replacement top strut adjuster (Camber and also Caster) in stock for CLK63 Black Series.

K-MAC STRUT TOPS CHECKLIST / FEATURES:

1. Stage 2 (Street/Race) P/N 502616-2 L and Stage 3 (Full Race) P/N 502616-3 L.
  2. Simply replace existing OEM top mounts.
  3. Can adjust with strut brace fitted.
  4. Does not alter suspension height.
  5. Can adjust from engine bay - fast accurate under load direct on alignment rack.
  6. Can record street/track settings.
  7. Massive (PTFE lined) spherical bearings.
  8. Stage 2 bearings (22mm hole diam.) encased in elastomer for extended life/commutor use.
  9. Stage 3 bearings (30mm hole diam.)
  10. Both Stage 2 and 3 bearings are replaceable for virtual life time usage.
  11. Separate radial thrust bearings for steering loads.
  12. Both kits manufactured from ultimate aircraft grade 7075 alloy (weight 2.2lbs).
  13. Designed for absolute minimum stack height.

RE OTHER K-MAC CLK BLACK SERIES MODS:
To compliment the above top strut adjusters we also manufacture the 4 MAIN FRONT LOWER ARM BUSHES. The lower inner for precise Camber and the thrust arms to chassis for Caster.

These K-MAC “state of the art” bushes, besides being adjustable also have twice the load bearing area of OEM increasing brake and steering response. Yet are 2 axis/self aligning allowing arms to travel through their required arcs without binding/locking up.

Result is precise adjustment for improved traction, less dive/lift under brake/acceleration, improved turn in and directional control (Kit P/N 502616 K).

Combining these lower front bushes with the above mentioned “Top Strut Mounts” provides that “extra adjustment” when your out there on track days, looking to seriously lower lap times!

REAR CAMBER BUSH KIT (with extra Toe) the rear, like the front bushings is fast/precise single wrench allowing accurate adjustment for MAXIMUM traction/reduced premature edge tire wear. Can be fitted on car (P/N 501526 J).

K-MAC COMPLETE REAR LINK BUSH UPGRADE
(This kit also fits C209/A209, R171, R172)
Eliminates the rubber bushings comprising:

• Full set 12 bushes (use in addition to K-MAC Camber and Toe kit.
  • The 2 lower Rear shock mount bushes.
  • The 2 diff front mount - end retaining caps (in alloy).
  • Bush extraction/insertion tools.
Accurately locating rear suspension against unwanted flex to get power/traction to the ground and improve steering response times. Unlike unforgiving short life delrin bushes that soon pound out. K-MAC 50 years in bush design technology means tauter response and extended bush life through maximum diameter outer alloy casings with bonded elastomer bushings to contain side loads and large load bearing nickel chromed steel inner bushings (P/N 501526-2K).

At K-MAC we have been manufacturing front and rear Camber, Caster, Toe adjuster kits longer than anyone else with the worlds largest range Audi to Volvo. Majority of companys merely source imports and relabel. Proudly at K-MAC we have “in house” manufacture which enables us to have total control over quality and rapid constant design improvements. This shows with having more patents and patents pending then all other adjuster kit companies combined.

To suit Mercedes alone we have front Camber and Caster and rear Camber with extra Toe for virtually every model including the very latest W205, 212, 218. For the 2013 to 2015 A, B, CLA, GLA incl. AMG we have replacement top strut mounts similar to the CLK63 Black series - Stage 2 - Street/Race and Stage 3 - Full Race along with rear Camber and extra Toe adjuster kits.

Contact Mike at Eurotoys re what K-MAC kits he has in stock. Freight (US/Canada) for forum members is now only $30 one kit or $40 for front and rear!