CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

[HG Motorsports] CLK63 Adjustable Rear Control Arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'92 300E, '06 E55
[HG Motorsports] CLK63 Adjustable Rear Control Arms

https://www.hgmotorsports.com/produc...-control-arms/

After a few CLK63 Black Series owners came to us looking for extra grip and stability at the rear end, we developed these adjustable control arms to allow owners to dial in extra negative camber as needed. The control arms use delrin bushings to eliminate flex and give the driver a better feeling of the rear end through a corner. The result is a more stable, planted Black Series that is easier to control coming out of a corner.

Each of the removable shims adds -0.5 degrees of camber, this design allows for consistency and repeatability. Once you have the alignment set, you can add shims for the track and remove them for the street without wondering if you ended up back at the same setting.

The stock CLK63 Black Series has around -1.5 degrees of camber at the rear and doesn't offer any real adjustment. We were able to get around -2.5 on a stock-height Black Series and close to -3 on a lowered car. The arms actually have more adjustment range but without other modifications, you will run into clearance issues or will start to push toe out of spec beyond this point. We include extra shims for owners who have setups that can take advantage of them.

Call or email us if you are interested in a set, we can manufacture more of these in sets of 5 if there is demand. The currently existing arms have been sold and we've received positive feedback so far!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
I'm interested in a set. Is there group buy pricing? ;-)
Old 09-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'92 300E, '06 E55
Originally Posted by MOFLO
I'm interested in a set. Is there group buy pricing? ;-)
If we can get five interested Black Series owners, we can definitely do a group buy special!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a Black
Interested.....

Not sure...but interested
Old 09-27-2014, 09:48 PM

Clk 63 bs
i want a set!!!!!! all bs owners what are you waiting for its a must for the clk
Old 10-19-2014, 04:30 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Bump... Anyone else interested?
Old 10-21-2014, 03:22 PM

CLK 63 BS
Yep but would they work on the WEISTEC bushings
Old 10-24-2014, 11:26 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by seiffikry
Yep but would they work on the WEISTEC bushings
Yes their sales folks confirmed in a PM, "The arms are designed for the Weistec delrin bushings so they fit without any modifications at all."

Hopefully we can get a couple of more interested CLK63BS owners. HG needs a minimum of 5 to place the manufacturing order.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:42 PM

CLK 63 BS
I am in, and I want front and rear
Old 10-27-2014, 11:14 AM

2009 SL-63
First Set Installed

The Weekend Warrior had the first set of HG adjustable control arms installed w/ delrin bushings. Just as J. Brady said who had the EvoSport arms installed 2 years ago what a difference. With the arms the rear became much more stable both in acceleration and cornering.
The Warrior has Wavetrac limited slip diff & solid mounting bushings, Delrin bushings from Weistec and now HG adjustable control arms.
Finally the rear of the Black sticks solid. With Renntech R-3 engine package
591hp w/555 Tq. you can still put the power down without losing the rear grip. HG set it at 1.5 deg. neg. camber for street.
It makes no sense stock or especially modified, to put up with bad handling not being able to put the power down or corner hard.
Lets face it the Black was not perfect stock. AMG did compromise for a decent ride. Great for video's showing the tail stepping out smoking the tires, but that is not exactly what most are looking for. These control arms are a must for track time. First time I tracked my Black in 2009 when they first came out I was frustrated. Track prepped M-3's could out corner me at Big Willow. The front end was great but the rear was a fishtail fest and I ruined a set of tires in one day with cord showing on the outside. I just couldn't put the power down coming out of the corners and the rear would break lose in the turns at limit. The tire wear said it all. I was losing contact patch under hi loads. The Wavetrac diff. make a big difference
Get some neg. camber adjustment, good contact patch and its a whole new game ! Best mod I ever made on the Black.
Attached Thumbnails [HG Motorsports] CLK63 Adjustable Rear Control Arms-clk63-arm-3.jpg  
Old 11-10-2014, 04:29 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Bump!

Any additional interest out there?!?!?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:25 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Bump! We need a couple more folks to get a group buy going.

This is a must have for CLK63BS owners! JUST DO IT!!!