Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Roof Lining repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 PM
J__

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C200 CGI
Roof Lining repair

Hi guys,
just picked up a 2012 C200 a week ago and 4 days after getting the brand new car, my friend left her lighter in the car in 38 degree weather, needless to say, it exploded and the shrapnel tore a small hole in my roof lining...

Is it possible to spot repair the lining without changing out the whole headliner? My lining is the patterned cloth ones. All the repair shops here said the whole headliner must be changed. Thanks!

so far my only solution is to super glue the edges so it wont expand, then put an amg badge over it. The problem with that is it's not really centered and the badge looks weird being off to one side

now I'm contemplating on whether or not to remove the fire extinguisher under the driver seat because it's rated from -30 to 60 celsius on the can. It get's well over 60 celsius inside the car here in shanghai on a hot summer day. If that thing blows, it wont be just a hole in the roof lining...

Last edited by J__; 07-03-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetta
I'd suggest to see an upholstery shop.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 AM
J__

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C200 CGI
went went to 8 different car upholstery shops here in shanghai and they all said the whole thing needs to be replaced =/