Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Permanon over Opti??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 Wagon, prev 2005 ML 500 SE
Question Permanon over Opti??

Hi, looking at some options for my when my new E arrives.

Will Permanon Platinum work properly applied over Opti Coat 2.0? I believe the durability of a wax over Opti would be shortened. Since Permanon has an
electrostatic bond, would it work and LAST over Opti as long as it lasts on a direct application (over clearcoat)??

The Permanon video brags about durability much greater than wax, but gives no specific timeframe that I found. How long does Perm last on a garage kept car?

Permanon has a small hand sprayer and you can mix XX (1 oz??) to a quart of distilled water. From the video it looks like vehicle gets a very light spray where product doesn't run. What would it take to do an E Class, like 8 oz of the mix in a sprayer???

Are people who have Permanon happy with it? Do you like the quality/feel/depth of the shine from it?
thanks for any comments
P.S. anybody used it to detail the engine bay??
Old 07-06-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beater
Used Permanon and I absolutely hate it. Doesn't bead well, doesn't last over 3 months. Shine is good though, but the repeling dirt properties of Opti-Coat will be removed as it will take on what Permanon has.

Takes about 8oz to cover a car. It's just not as good as they claim.