E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Windscreen wind deflector failing to work, not rising

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
Windscreen wind deflector failing to work, not rising

Anyone had problems of the front windscreen deflector failing to rise from the windscreen, my rear headrests rise when I use the switch but the one at the top of the windscreen rises slightly then falls back......????
Old 04-10-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by theraven333
Anyone had problems of the front windscreen deflector failing to rise from the windscreen, my rear headrests rise when I use the switch but the one at the top of the windscreen rises slightly then falls back......????

There was a problem with the last update to the convertible top ECU but that was last year.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLE350 4Matic
I haven't had an issue with it but very limited drive time with it on. It goes up and down so much that I have a hard time believing it won't wear out quickly.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
This is my second aircap, the first one was damaged by the Mercedes Dealer last year and they replaced it under warranty, it is the new one that has failed and guess what my car is now out of Warranty. I am hoping that Mercedes will honour the fact that this one has failed in such a short period of time.
Believe it or not they cost nearly £1300 + 20%vat, convert that to dollars in the States, it is very very expensive and that does not include labour or the electronics controller. it has been on my car less than 12 months and I have already been told you don't get a warranty on a warranty part once the car is out of warranty.....
I can only hope that Mercedes do the honourable thing, but sadly my success with them is poor as the external trim on my car has a manufacture problem but they refused to replace the parts even when the car was still under its warranty........ What has changed with Mercedes over the last number of years is that they have moved away from responding positively when a genuine problem occurs to ....... arguing the toss so I don't hold out much hope.......
Old 04-18-2014, 01:52 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
11 E350 Cab, 18 GLS450
Its a bug in the current software update for the roof module. I had the same issue after going to the dealer. They did a software update to the roof module and the aircap would not go up at all. They told me they were aware and have a fix. 10 minutes back to dealer and it was fixed.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C300 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by mikey08
Its a bug in the current software update for the roof module. I had the same issue after going to the dealer. They did a software update to the roof module and the aircap would not go up at all. They told me they were aware and have a fix. 10 minutes back to dealer and it was fixed.
I just had a software update and now my deflectors dont work either... back to Mercedes I go