E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Hands Free kit.. Hardwiring..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi, Benz, BImmer
Hands Free kit.. Hardwiring..

anyone know of what phones or what kits are available for the E-320 mercadez i have a 98 and my partner has a 98 as well, anyone know of anywhere in the NY area or have any information about it.. thanks.
Old 11-22-2001, 09:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
**SOLD***2003 E500
Talking handsfree kit

Really depends on which route you want to go. If you want a factory system, be prepared to spend a lot of money, and have an inferior cell phone compared to modern ones. If you do not mind a couple of extra things in the interior compartment area, you have a few choices. Basically the question is what type of phone do you have now, and is there a hands free kit available for it now. I have a 99 E430 with a factory cell phone, that I chunked. I installed a Nokia 6100 series hands free kit, and utilized the factory hands free mic, and stereo speakers that the factory phone used. Took some time to do the pinouts on the mercedes harnesses, and the nokia system, but it works flawlessly, and only has the Nokia cradle in the interior compartment. Good luck on your decision.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:57 PM

Audi, Benz, BImmer
Thumbs up thanks i would expect it to cost alot anyways.e hehehe

thanks
Old 12-21-2001, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Subaru Legacy GT Limited
Sorry, getting in a little late on this (just registered on the forums a day or two ago).

I had a Samsung SCH-3500 phone and ordered the Samsung OEM hands-free kit. Here's a pic of it:

The first thing you'll notice is that I'm not driving an E-class (it's a Passat) -- the E430 is my mom's. However, I got a new phone, and this cradle will be going into my mom's E430 (she also has the SCH-3500 phone). I probably will have it installed right next to the radio, just under the glove box -- and low enough and far out enough that the glove box can still open.

HTH...
Old 12-29-2001, 01:01 AM

E430
Re: handsfree kit

Randy B,

I think you just settled my recent quest. I have been searching for a solution for my own 99 E430 and Nokia 6100 series phone. I have the MB OEM Analog Motorola (MB swears this is the most advanced the radio can handle) and want to use digital service. Any chance you could share the pin-outs? I see 2 leads from the MB harness and assume one is power and the other is sound/mic. Is it as simple as getting the nokia adaptor (plug that snaps on bottom of phone) and splicing a few wires ot the MB harness? I was tempted to try some combinations but wasn't sure it would work since MB told me there was a computer chip that interfaced the phone and radio.

THANKS!

Originally posted by Randy B
Really depends on which route you want to go. If you want a factory system, be prepared to spend a lot of money, and have an inferior cell phone compared to modern ones. If you do not mind a couple of extra things in the interior compartment area, you have a few choices. Basically the question is what type of phone do you have now, and is there a hands free kit available for it now. I have a 99 E430 with a factory cell phone, that I chunked. I installed a Nokia 6100 series hands free kit, and utilized the factory hands free mic, and stereo speakers that the factory phone used. Took some time to do the pinouts on the mercedes harnesses, and the nokia system, but it works flawlessly, and only has the Nokia cradle in the interior compartment. Good luck on your decision.
Old 01-03-2002, 02:32 PM
apb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 S550, 10 GLK350, 05 Clk500
Go to audiworld.com.
I installed the Nokia kit on my car and used the information for the Audi system which is nearly identical.
You can figure out the pins from the dealer, alldatadiy or buy a premade kit from one of the sources recommended on audiworld - don't remember what it was. The harness is by the Bose amp in the trunk. You should install the box under your rear seat and the cradle in your armrest. An extension wire from radio shack can extend the cable from your trunk to under your rear seat.
Also check Mercedesshop (apb as author) when I might have asked a few questions about this. Good luck!