E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Have you ever had a project grow exponentionally?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,005 Likes on 781 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Have you ever had a project grow exponentionally?

This started with my resolving an intermittent power mirror operation. Morphed into replacing the rear sunshade motor assembly with removal of rear seat bottom and back and package shelf (which required a complete rebuild). While doing this, I discovered the headliner was sagging so I was going to perform a spot repair. The spot repair morphed into my removing the entire headliner (Not fun. Painful. Might have been easier to remove the rear window and pull the headliner out that way). Cleaning the headliner was an all-day affair (and the decomposed foam is a PITA! Sticks to everything.). Then I had to remove the sunroof shade...multiple broken trim parts later I'm rebuilding that! Driver's seat out to provide room for the headliner. Door seals out so I could remove the headliner. Now I will also install a dash cam while I'm at it. Maybe...just maybe, I'll have the parts I need and the car reassembled by the end of next weekend. Maybe I need to attend an AA for Mercedes enthusiasts....

This is like a snowball turning into an avalanche...
Attached Thumbnails Have you ever had a project grow exponentionally?-project-overflow.jpg  
Old 05-26-2015, 07:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,052 Likes on 973 Posts
1999 E300TD
You are like most old, used and under financed MB owners-----It's called Oh I will wait till I have a new job to repair that rinky dink problem syndrome.

Then after years of repair denial or the failing headline starts to obstructs your driving view---you attack everything at once---your not alone!!!
Old 05-26-2015, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,005 Likes on 781 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
It was the falling headliner that pushed me over the edge into insanity....