Footwell Lighting - Possible Reset? One not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 03:14 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
2016 E63s Wagon - CCB & CF package
Question Footwell Lighting - Possible Reset? One not working

Hey everyone!

Im trying to understand the CANbus and SAM workings on our cars as they have really been throwing me for a loop as of recently since I have been replacing all my interior lights with LEDs. I know all about resistors, so I am all set there, no issues with that. I had them all working fine for a while.

Here is where the fun begins, the LEDs I put in the footwells are really bright so I decided to face them off to the side which made them appear dimmer on the feet during ambient mode. I did the two rears and the drivers and it worked fine. I pulled the passenger one and turned the bulb slightly and it shut off.

It will not turn back on. I rotated the bulbs and the sockets and everything works in every location, but nothing works under the front passenger feet. Its been off for the last 2 days, everything else works 100%.

How can I reset the SAM or whatever it is that controls the footwell lights?

Ironically, my glove box did the same thing but came back on its own a day later before I got to attack the issue.

Any ideas? Or at least explain to me how the interior circuitry operates? I just dont get it

Thanks guys!
Vlad
Old 10-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
2016 E63s Wagon - CCB & CF package
Not much response but I did manage to solve the issue.

I suppose that the circuit was shorted and it shut itself down. I reset it via STAR, shut the car off, restarted and voila. All works again!

Lesson learned: ALWAYS have the lights off when tinker with them. Even if its something as silly as removing the lens to expose the bulb.
Old 12-27-2023, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E320 4Matic
Hello! I have an W211 E320 4Matic 2004, but the foot well lights are not working. I checked the lights, but they are working fine. Do you know if it is possible to reset the Sam modules and maybe turn them back on, or what should I do. And if it is possible somehow, can you write in details how, because I have Star, but I am kinda new to it 🙂. Thank you in advance!