E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Rear wiper problem.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 wagon 4Matic
Rear wiper problem.

Just got a 2004 E500 wagon last week, and aside from needing a new battery and having a bad power steering resivoir everything was in perfect condition according to my MB shop. I found out about the battery being bad by the Battery Protection warning, which started at the same exact time as the rear wiper not activating. I had the battery replaced but wiper still does not work. When pushing the switch that controls the wiper the light showing activation either does not come on, or the light comes on and immediately turns off woth no wiper function. Does anyone have any ideas of the likely culprit? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Take the car back to the MB shop that reported excellent condition---I know where I would start electrically--------what are they suggesting!!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 wagon 4Matic
They didn't look into the wiper function itself because of the battery error, what I had reported for the issue it pointed to the batter. The battery WAS an issue but did not solve the problem. I plan on going back in to have them look at the actual wiper itself now, but I wanted to see if anyone had an idea. I've tried searching the various forums and all I find are issues with the fluid sprayer nozzle.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
The problem is----where you are coming from----If I said have you looked at the wiper system and determined the components?? If I said have you checked the wiper wiring diagram??If I said have you checked all the applicable fuses?? If I said have you found the wiper relay and tested the relay??

What is it a switch, wiring, fuse, relay, control module or motor and where are all those components!!

Why would you need all that searching and home work---when your mechanic will scan the car and locate the fault in five minutes!!