E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

After market Android 4.4.4 Quad Core complete install. Vids and Pics and txt

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
The bypass cable is still desired, because it has a short harness you can cut up to connect amp to speakers.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:08 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by JoeNobody
The bypass cable is still desired, because it has a short harness you can cut up to connect amp to speakers.
Does the bypass cable not include all the factory speaker wires?.. I thought i read that I still would need to tap into the shelf speakers. Trying to figure out how many channel amp I would need if i just want to run direct cable is the stock amp a 6 channel amp?
Old 02-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car
Originally Posted by Dnasty
Does the bypass cable not include all the factory speaker wires?.. I thought i read that I still would need to tap into the shelf speakers. Trying to figure out how many channel amp I would need if i just want to run direct cable is the stock amp a 6 channel amp?
All mine work other then the one right in the middle in the rear head rest area.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:34 PM

2003 E55
I am running a 5 channel amp. 1 for each door speaker and then 1 for the sub.

This is the amp I got.
Amazon.com : PIONEER GM-D9605 GM Digital Series Class D Amp (5-Channel Bridgeable, 2, 000 Watts max, With Wired Bass Boost Remote) : Electronics Amazon.com : PIONEER GM-D9605 GM Digital Series Class D Amp (5-Channel Bridgeable, 2, 000 Watts max, With Wired Bass Boost Remote) : Electronics

For 200 it sounds really good. Way more power than the stock set up.

Now if I could only figure out how to get to the sd cards without breaking the covers. Kind of sucks that it didn't come with any manuals.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:10 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by Kokopelli
I am running a 5 channel amp. 1 for each door speaker and then 1 for the sub.

This is the amp I got. Amazon.com : PIONEER GM-D9605 GM Digital Series Class D Amp (5-Channel Bridgeable, 2, 000 Watts max, With Wired Bass Boost Remote) : Electronics

For 200 it sounds really good. Way more power than the stock set up.

Now if I could only figure out how to get to the sd cards without breaking the covers. Kind of sucks that it didn't come with any manuals.
That was literally what I was about to order but aren't there the two rack speakers in the back seat and the front center speaker as well or are they included in the same wire as some of the other speakers? Also did you hook that up via straight rca's out the head unit?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:12 PM

car
Give me 30 mins or right after dinner and I'll post up mine. I got it all done, just need to put everything in.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:47 PM

2003 E55
I didn't wire up the center channel or the small rear deck speakers. I can still switch things up easily later if I want to try it. I'll just wire the left speakers to one channel the rights to another, use 3 and 4 to drive the center and rears and the last for the sub. The amp has high and low pass filters so you can set it up so you don't overpower the smaller speakers. Probably take all of 10 minutes to switch it up.

It sounds really good as it is right now.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:27 PM

2010 e550 coupe
I didn't wire up the center channel or the small rear deck speakers. I can still switch things up easily later if I want to try it. I'll just wire the left speakers to one channel the rights to another, use 3 and 4 to drive the center and rears and the last for the sub. The amp has high and low pass filters so you can set it up so you don't overpower the smaller speakers. Probably take all of 10 minutes to switch it up.

It sounds really good as it is right now.
Oh so even without those speakers the sound is better? Also did you run rcas out the head unit to the amp or did you just use the 6m harness.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:36 PM

car
Ok so I messed up and ran the antenna wire backwards, so I won't need that cord I ordered.

So the only thing I ordered was the radio and 6meter cable.

What doesn't work, the sub in the rear seat head rest place.

Sounds like stock but with no bass.

So ran RCA cables and a AMP wire from the back of the radio (the plug kit came with the radio) to the amp in the trunk.

Power wire and amp fuse ran from battery to amp.

ground wire ran from ground point on the body to the amp.

Boom got a sub working. Will be making a custom box to fix where I have this one, just wanted to make sure it worked. This amp and sub were out of my old truck.

Ran all the wires down the driverside( US driver side)

GPS, radio, bluetooth, mic all work fine.

Well I can't upload photos from my computer now. I'll try when I go into the house.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:37 PM

2003 E55
Oh so even without those speakers the sound is better? Also did you run rcas out the head unit to the amp or did you just use the 6m harness.
I used the 6m harness. The amp has high level import support and I use all four channels from the headunit as inputs. I would have had to run two additional pair of rca cables along with the 6m cable to maintain fader and balance from the headunit. Would have been a little tight fitting the additional wires under the door sills.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:38 AM

2010 e550 coupe
I used the 6m harness. The amp has high level import support and I use all four channels from the headunit as inputs. I would have had to run two additional pair of rca cables along with the 6m cable to maintain fader and balance from the headunit. Would have been a little tight fitting the additional wires under the door sills.
Yea i am trying to figure out the best way to wire my setup as I already have 2 12's in the trunk and a 1600 watt amp tapped into the sub wire in the back. I was thinking of going all rcas to the new amp for the car speakers (also removing the line in converter for my 2 12's and running the subcable from the headunit to that as well.) but is there additional stuff in that harness that I need? I see a bunch of stuff in there I don't really know what it is like canbus and possibly remote wire gps wire? Also you said you would use all the right speakers on one chanael and left speakers on anohter channel wouldn't that significantly decrease the sound output if you configure it like that? Was thinking of mabye something like this as it has enough channels for everything not sure of the brand they probably over rate their specs but I wouldn't have to sacrifice any channels
Amazon.com: Lanzar HTG888 Heritage Series 5000 Watt 8-Channel Mosfet Amplifier: Electronics Amazon.com: Lanzar HTG888 Heritage Series 5000 Watt 8-Channel Mosfet Amplifier: Electronics
......... or could a six channel amp be used and the front center and shelf speaker all be put on one channel?

Last edited by Dnasty; 02-12-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:20 AM

2003 E55
Also you said you would use all the right speakers on one chanael and left speakers on anohter channel wouldn't that significantly decrease the sound output if you configure it like that?
I don't have it set that way. I said it would be an option to get the center and rear deck speakers to work but I am happy the way it is.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:20 AM

2010 e550 coupe
I don't have it set that way. I said it would be an option to get the center and rear deck speakers to work but I am happy the way it is.
Yea I was wondering if the sound quality would be diminished in that setup, I know you said you where running only the four door speakers and the woofer. Is that amp small enough to place where you have your old mercedes amp?
Old 02-12-2016, 08:29 AM

2003 E55
It's too big to fit where the stock one was. I have it mounted where Xpresion has his mounted. Had to ditch the spare tire compartment liner. Having it there provides easier access to tweaking the set up. Would be a real pain to have to remove everything to adjust the gain or filters.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55, past: SL55, 560SEL
Originally Posted by garagequeen
Ok so I messed up and ran the antenna wire backwards, so I won't need that cord I ordered.

So the only thing I ordered was the radio and 6meter cable.

What doesn't work, the sub in the rear seat head rest place.

Sounds like stock but with no bass.

So ran RCA cables and a AMP wire from the back of the radio (the plug kit came with the radio) to the amp in the trunk.

Power wire and amp fuse ran from battery to amp.

ground wire ran from ground point on the body to the amp.

Boom got a sub working. Will be making a custom box to fix where I have this one, just wanted to make sure it worked. This amp and sub were out of my old truck.

Ran all the wires down the driverside( US driver side)

GPS, radio, bluetooth, mic all work fine.

Well I can't upload photos from my computer now. I'll try when I go into the house.
Bluetooth works ok for you? have you tired making phone calls? any echo/static on the other end?
Old 02-12-2016, 05:13 PM

2003 E55
My bluetooth is working fine using the mic they provided. I mounted it at the base of the rearview mirror.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:39 PM

2010 e550 coupe
My bluetooth is working fine using the mic they provided. I mounted it at the base of the rearview mirror.
Just curious but which head unit do you have is it the same as the op? There are tons of these quadcore rk3188 headunits on ali express I am assuming they are all essentially the same thing with different desktop orientations in their ad?
Old 02-12-2016, 05:52 PM

2003 E55
Just curious but which head unit do you have is it the same as the op? There are tons of these quadcore rk3188 headunits on ali express I am assuming they are all essentially the same thing with different desktop orientations in their ad?
I used the link in the op's post to order.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:02 PM

I used the link in the op's post to order.
Are you running the original os?

This might mean that my unit f'd.... I bought the unit, exact same as op, from the same store....
Old 02-12-2016, 07:15 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by tubaprde

This might mean that my unit f'd.... I bought the unit, exact same as op, from the same store....
Are you using the built in mic or did you use the extension that lets you mount a mic?
Old 02-13-2016, 11:11 AM

Are you using the built in mic or did you use the extension that lets you mount a mic?
I tried four different Mic's including the OEM Mic and Mic that's built into the unit, and two aftermarket Mics that use an extension. They al produced the exact same result.

Last edited by tubaprde; 02-13-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:00 PM

2003 E55
Originally Posted by tubaprde

Stock OS. Everything is working fine for me except when I use music streaming apps. The steering wheel buttons for going forward and back don't work and the gauge cluster says AUDIO OFF. The volume still works so I'm still happy. Anything is better than the Audio50.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:02 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Stock OS. Everything is working fine for me except when I use music streaming apps. The steering wheel buttons for going forward and back don't work and the gauge cluster says AUDIO OFF. The volume still works so I'm still happy. Anything is better than the Audio50.
I have a 1600 watt mono amp in the spare area now that powered my two 12s so I was kind of hoping I'd be able to fit this pioneer where the old factory amp was. Looks like I'm gonna have to remap this out a bit.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:07 AM

2010 e550 coupe
Do you think it would be possible to run the shelf speakers and the front center speaker all to the subwoofer channel output on the amp? Or are those speakers even worth a damn.. I think I might actually remove the sub from the car all together as I have 2 12's in the trunk and believe that will actually allow more bass to enter the car.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
e46 m3, w211 e55
impact on center display...

When you install this what happens to the integration of the cluster display? Right now it shows the streets when nav is on, radio station, etc. If putting in this unit does this all go away? Are there any errors that come up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: After market Android 4.4.4 Quad Core complete install. Vids and Pics and txt