Parrot CK3100

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Sport
Parrot CK3100

Anyone install one of these in their E? I would be cuirous to know how well it works, and how hard the install was. Seems too good not to buy if it works as advertised.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
Although I've never tried it, I think it looks tacky especially going into an E. Why not consider the Sony Ericsson kits? I'm using the HBC-30 together with my O2 XDA IIs (PDA/Phone). It's a discreet placement for recieving calls and volume controls. Sony Ericsson have come up with even more advance models and nice looking too.

No caller ID screens but you can always look at your phone screen for all that. I'd rather do that than have something sticking out like a sore thumb..

Old 01-23-2005, 05:55 PM
mhh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 MB E63 Wagon, 2012 BMW M5, 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2010 Ferrari 458
My wife had a Parrot bluetooth kit in her Volvo. It was unreliable and she wouldn't have another. It could have been a phone problem of course, but either way she is relieved to have seen the last of it.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
Originally Posted by mhh
My wife had a Parrot bluetooth kit in her Volvo. It was unreliable and she wouldn't have another. It could have been a phone problem of course, but either way she is relieved to have seen the last of it.
My unit works 98% of the time. The other 2% is a software issue with the phone's Bluetooth system. Coupled with the SE's HBC30 I have Fonix Voice Dialler installed in my PDA. It works like Linguatronic except that I think it's more flexible in voice recognition. Dialling numbers or contacts is a breeze.

NOKIA's Bluetooth kits are also something worth considering. I couldn't get it as the O2 XDA II units don't support accessories that doesn't have Headset profiles.

My only gripe is that the people that installed the SE HBC30 for me couldn't get it to auto mute the COMMAND. Not a big deal though as the mute button on the COMMAND itself is conveniently located.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by Le Burpor
My only gripe is that the people that installed the SE HBC30 for me couldn't get it to auto mute the COMMAND. Not a big deal though as the mute button on the COMMAND itself is conveniently located.
You might want to deal with people more familiar with Mercedes electronics systems... the mute line is pin 1 on the MOST connector on the AGW.

-s-
Old 01-23-2005, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
Originally Posted by scorchie
You might want to deal with people more familiar with Mercedes electronics systems... the mute line is pin 1 on the MOST connector on the AGW.

-s-
Adelaide is a small city (I call it the Big Village) so there is a lack of highly skilled MB techies, unfortunately. The worst part is that my techie tried to work it out with an MB techie (both shops are just across the road from each other), they couldn't do it
Old 01-23-2005, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by Le Burpor
Adelaide is a small city (I call it the Big Village) so there is a lack of highly skilled MB techies, unfortunately. The worst part is that my techie tried to work it out with an MB techie (both shops are just across the road from each other), they couldn't do it
I've been to Adelaide! You might have taken a long cruise to Melbourne though.

You can always run the wire yourself. From the kit to the left rear, the forward side of the trunk. If there's nothing in position one, then that's easy to add a pin. If there's already a wire, then you can tap it.

You have a luxury car, it should mute the sound FOR you!

-s-
Old 01-23-2005, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
Originally Posted by scorchie
I've been to Adelaide! You might have taken a long cruise to Melbourne though.

You can always run the wire yourself. From the kit to the left rear, the forward side of the trunk. If there's nothing in position one, then that's easy to add a pin. If there's already a wire, then you can tap it.

You have a luxury car, it should mute the sound FOR you!

-s-

LOL! True...

However, when you say:
"You can always run the wire yourself. From the kit to the left rear, the forward side of the trunk. If there's nothing in position one, then that's easy to add a pin. If there's already a wire, then you can tap it."

I think:
"You can always run the {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} {SYNTAX ERROR} it."

Know what I mean I wish I could do it, but I just don't dare.

I'll show this post to my techie and see if he can make it work based on your instructions.