E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Bluetooth pairing problem - Samsung Galaxy S3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by listerone
Your problem sounds very similar to mine.Given that my phone's a Samsung Android,as is yours,try following my recomendations in my earlier post in this thread (#9),give that a try and see what happens.The worst that can happen is you've wasted 10 minutes of your time.If you try it watch carefully for the request I mention...it comes quickly and is easy to miss.If you see it,click "don't ask again" and,if you're lucky,you'll be fine as was I.
What happens is that the addresses are remembered, but the "names" aren't. You can look up someone in the address book, but the "phonebook" is empty. The solution is as described...the challenge is to see the message the first time. It sometimes takes a minute or so after pairing to ask the phone for the names. If you miss it, try unpairing the phones and try again. Once you have selected "don't ask me again" and OK, the problem will disappear.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by listerone
I don't do sms or web browsing on my phone or in my car.I'm not even sure my Bluetec is *capable* of that...although I know I can surf the web on my phone (and I don't even know what "sms" means).Yes,I'm old and a technology dunce.However,eveything *I* do with my bluetooth setup (make and receive calls,phone book,call history,stream music) now works perfectly.

Sorry I can't help you.
just for you, buddy .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Message_Service
Old 11-04-2012, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK300
Bluetooth connecting w/SIII but no voice heard

I am having a problem with my Bluetooth as well. It connects but the caller can't hear me and I can't hear them. I got the SIII last month. Prior to that I had the Samsung Fascinate and had NO problems at all with the car. I have the 2010 SLK300 - I think the system is ICS? I have to hit the SYS button and scroll down to Bluetooth and then uncheck the button it in order for me to talk to the caller. Of course I have to pull over for this or just ignore the call. After I'm done with my call and hit the Radio button again, it automatically goes back into Bluetooth mode, so if I need to make a call or receive a call, I have to go through that process again. Sorry, it's my first car to have the Bluetooth capability so I'm not real hip when it comes to this issue. AND I just joined this group today.

Caity Sue in West Sacramento, CA
2010 SLK300
Old 11-04-2012, 03:56 PM

SLK300
Originally Posted by joseph1980
Anybody able to pair Samsung Galaxy S3 with the MB Bluetooth
I haven't been able to do it. It PAIRS, it rings and lets me know I have an incoming call, but I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me. I had NO problem at all with my Samsung Fascinate, but haven't been able to get the S3 to work properly. I have to hit SYS and scroll to bluetooth and uncheck it so I can use my phone.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM

BMW M3
Help

I wonder if you guys can help . I got my new C63 AMG coupe tonight with command online. I paired my Samsung galaxy s3 up to the telephone on bluetooth but when go in web browser and apps it say phone is not capable of data or something along those lines. Any help appreciated.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 PM

SLK300
Pairing Issues Update

Originally Posted by CaitySue
I am having a problem with my Bluetooth as well. It connects but the caller can't hear me and I can't hear them. I got the SIII last month. Prior to that I had the Samsung Fascinate and had NO problems at all with the car. I have the 2010 SLK300 - I think the system is ICS? I have to hit the SYS button and scroll down to Bluetooth and then uncheck the button it in order for me to talk to the caller. Of course I have to pull over for this or just ignore the call. After I'm done with my call and hit the Radio button again, it automatically goes back into Bluetooth mode, so if I need to make a call or receive a call, I have to go through that process again. Sorry, it's my first car to have the Bluetooth capability so I'm not real hip when it comes to this issue. AND I just joined this group today.

2010 SLK300
Update: OK...after talking to Verizon, MB dealership & Samsung I am hosed. It is not going to pair because the car's stereo system doesn't recognize the new OS. The old one was gingerbread and the new one is ice cream...or vice versa. Anyway I can get a new phone, get a headset, get a new car stereo or get something called The Middle Man, which is around $150 but I'm not sure what it is yet. So for now I am back to using the bluetooth that goes in the ear.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:49 PM

SLK300
Originally Posted by Bla55ir
I think the problen applies to all Samsung droids so if you continue to have problems PM me
No, it doesn't....not all Samsung droids have the same OS. I had the Samsung Fascinate and it paired up beautifully with my SLK300. Then last month I got the SIII and it has a different OS which is what is causing the problem. Whatever it needs to make the voice work isn't there like it was with the gingerbread OS (or ice cream - I forget which one the Samsung Fascinate had)

So I have to make a change in my phone or car stereo...or get the Middle Man thing Samsung told me about.

Caity Sue in Northern CA
SLK300
Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 AM

E350 BT, E320, 528i
I was able to pair my new Galaxy S3 in single attempt and works fine. Message function works just fine also.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:05 PM

SLK300
Originally Posted by raylee177
I was able to pair my new Galaxy S3 in single attempt and works fine. Message function works just fine also.
What kind of stereo system do you have?'

Caity Sue in Northern CA
SLK300
Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 AM

E63 AMG S
I am having issues with the bluetooth / galaxys2 as well on my 13 c63. my phone pairs fine, but resets every 15-20 mins...it is annoying. I just got an insruance replacement as I dropped my phone on a running machine at the gyms and the screen cracked.

well, the new galaxy s2 they sent me has ice cream sandwich (Android 4.0) whereas my old one was already updated to jellybean (Android 4.1). The new one will not update to Jellybean for whatever reason. I was thinking maybe the MB needs the newer Android build, but reading the above posts maybe it is something else. I tried repairing and it still happens.

Oh well, guess I will use the AUX cable for now...

If anyone has had any experience wit (or a solution to) this I would appreciate some advice.

Last edited by m3equals333; 12-01-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 PM

E200 CDi
Thank you very much for the info on the Samsung S111. I had the same issue with it dropping the connection continously. Not uploading the contacts worked for me and resolved the issue.
This is the last Samsung product I will ever buy. Three items and all of them crap. never again. Very badly built and don't have any quality control. Don't think they even know what the word quality means. Rant over. thanks again.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 PM

Mercedes e350 BlueTec
My 2011 (comand 4.5) has synced to my Samsung Nexus reliably since I got the phone a year ago. I have run all versions of ice cream sandwich...I'm now on 4.2.1 and it works reliably with no drops.

The only issue I had to figure out was how to load the address book reliably every time. Once I figured that out, no more problems.

Trick there is after you pair, wait and watch the phone because it will ask you if the car can download data from your phone. There is a little box to check that says "don't ask me again" and then say OK. If you miss that prompt or don't check the little box, you have to start over.

For anyone trying to tether, make sure tethering is active when you pair the phone...because that's when comand learns the functions available in the phone.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:08 AM

Samsung s3 Mercedes B class

The Mercedes B class has a known problem pairing with Samsung S3. I can pair the phone but cannot be heard - I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. The dealer says he has a lot of customers complaining about this. Mercedes does not bother to revert on the issue. Wrote to them in December. Why didn't they tell me when I bought the car that it won't pair with one of the most popular phones on the market.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:27 AM

2015 S550
My wife and I both have Galaxy S3s and they both work perfectly.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM

What year is your series b. I was told by Mercedes that there were a number of clients who had the same problem ie they can hear the caller but caller cannot hear them. Other Mercedes models ont have a problem.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by Jenny Dugmore
The Mercedes B class has a known problem pairing with Samsung S3. I can pair the phone but cannot be heard - I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. The dealer says he has a lot of customers complaining about this. Mercedes does not bother to revert on the issue. Wrote to them in December. Why didn't they tell me when I bought the car that it won't pair with one of the most popular phones on the market.
There's a well documented problem pairing at least *some* Samsung Androids phones (including mine) with many cars.It's a quirk of the phone,not the car.Search my posts from the last year or so and you'll find several detailed posts on how to address the problem.Once addressed everything's perfect with my Bluetec.When searching,look for the word Samsung.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 PM

2013 E350 Sport 4Matic
Make sure your car has the latest software update in the car... I got mine and they didnt do it at dealer or at service until I found it on the board here, printed it out, and made them do it. It takes like 2 hrs for the car to load the new software. Be sure to delete your old pairing...re-sync...turn car off.. turn car on... then it should work.

youll find the software update in bulletins thread posted by konigstiger
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexus LS 400, 2008 BMW 528i, 2014 e250 BlueTec
CaitySue
My sound system is factory unit that comes with YR 2012 P1 package. Purchased on Dec. 27, 2011.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:58 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E550 Coupe and 2010 E350 Sedan
I own a Galaxy S3 with no problems. Now, I have a custom ROM running on it from time to time, and I notice that it won't immediately reconnect. I'll have to toggle BT off and then back on, and it picks it up. When I returned to the stock Samsung-based ROM, I have zero issues.

I just chalked the issues up to bugs in the custom ROM I was running.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 PM

2013 E350 Sport 4Matic
you prob need software update NTG 4.5

be sure to unpair phone then pair new....then turn car off...turn car on and should work

https://mbworld.org/forums/5534057-post39.html for link to NTG4.5

Last edited by todd's benz; 02-05-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:59 AM

SLK300
Originally Posted by CaitySue

2010 SLK300
Caity Sue,

I have the same problem with my 2010 SLK. I have got it to work but then it stops and does the same thing as you. I don't know how I have gotten it to work occasionally, probably trying to delete and repair, but the next time I get into the car the same issue happens, get the call, and no one can hear each other or get the call and I can hear them but they can't hear me.

Were you ever able to come up with a solution for this?

Steve
Old 05-20-2013, 08:12 PM

SLK300
update: I have now found out that for some reason when I make a call, the reception volume in my car automatically mutes the sound. The solution is to increase the volume via the Round Volume Control or the volume + button on the steering wheel and all is well. Kind of a hassle, but at least it now works. It's better than having to pull off to the side of the road.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:21 PM

CLS 550
is it possible to stream music using my old CLS 550 2007?

Hello

I have a old CLS 550 2007, I have the hands-free bluetooth device on the center console, it works perfectly with my Galaxy Note, address book, sms messages, etc, however I can not stream music frlom my phone to the radio, is this even possible on a MB Blue tooth device that old?

has anyone treid using a alternative that does not mean replacing the whole
Sound System?
Old 11-22-2013, 10:54 PM

ml63 2007
I've got a problem with my Bluetooth I've got a s2samsung I can't connect my phone 2 my ml 63 external Bluetooth I find the Bluetooth on my phone I go 2 pair through phone and enter the pass word and it tells me wrong pin I've had the car for 5 months can use help
Old 11-22-2013, 10:58 PM

2012 e350
i use my galaxy s2 on my 2012 e350 with no problem except i dont get text messages, so even if the phones old it should work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth pairing problem - Samsung Galaxy S3