Here's one for K-A

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,420 Likes on 2,858 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by brauhaus313
Yeah...y'all shouldn't be put off. It's really only been one person that draws so much ire and it hasn't even been that bad. This place can be slow, but it's still the best place for W212'ers.

And good gawd...Hyperion do you know the name of the chick in your sig?
why yes, her name is Marianna.......click on the link in the sig
Old 08-27-2013, 03:35 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
asdas
TWINS! Hi-Five.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:26 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by ngerstman
Wow, K-A, some nasty stuff going back and forth here!!! I don't ever remember anything quite like this when I was more active after I bought my e550 in early 2011. There were often heated disussions but mostly just sharing stories and questions about our likes and dislikes about our cars, things like my dislike of airmatic or our feeling that the stereo could be better or the crappy nav system, sharing information about a car we might have recently test driven but never this degree of hostility. It seems we have gone past the point of hugging and singing Kum-Ba-Ya!!! At the end of the day, I'm just sitting back here and taking it in as the free entertainment that it is, reality forum fight!! Anyway, I know that I always enjoyed our conversations and found you to be a very skilled banterer who could express yourself very eloquently. Knowing how thorough and passionate you are about our class of automobile(whether it be Mercedes, BMW or Audi), I'm still curious to see your views on the e versus BMW. I'm sure that if we could all get together and have a few cocktails, our love of automotive banter, along with the alchohol, would melt the hostility. Really, enough guys!!! Regards. Ned.
You're the man, Ned! This thread is a good showing of how lousy the sentiment on this forum had turned.

Petee, in fact I DID talk about the CARS in my first couple of posts but as usual you and your goon squad had nothing to say therefore went straight to insults and personal hyperbole.

Ned, PA, Arrie, Philly have popped back in who are members of a more vibrant time in this forum so I guess some good has come.

funny because when I was a W212 stalwart this forum was full of haters and complainers about the car, and now that nobody's even left and I constructively criticize or praise how I see fit due to my newfound experiences, we get a case study on frankly horrible personality disorders flinging mud.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
asdas
...and the resident bloviate blowhard continues on ad nauseum about how this place was so much better when he owned a w212 and now that he doesn't the place has gone down the tubes...and the earth, sun, moon, and stars all revolve around you.

ngerstman, I'm quite certain K-A would be the worst type of person to have a drink with...I think he's admitted as much before. Hilarious that he throws stones about personality disorders.

Learn how to write coherent sentences, get some actual technical knowledge and know how, and get over yourself. You might turn into less of a joke of a human being.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 931 Likes on 658 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by ngerstman
Wow, K-A, some nasty stuff going back and forth here!!! I don't ever remember anything quite like this when I was more active after I bought my e550 in early 2011. There were often heated disussions but mostly just sharing stories and questions about our likes and dislikes about our cars, things like my dislike of airmatic or our feeling that the stereo could be better or the crappy nav system, sharing information about a car we might have recently test driven but never this degree of hostility. It seems we have gone past the point of hugging and singing Kum-Ba-Ya!!! At the end of the day, I'm just sitting back here and taking it in as the free entertainment that it is, reality forum fight!! Anyway, I know that I always enjoyed our conversations and found you to be a very skilled banterer who could express yourself very eloquently. Knowing how thorough and passionate you are about our class of automobile(whether it be Mercedes, BMW or Audi), I'm still curious to see your views on the e versus BMW. I'm sure that if we could all get together and have a few cocktails, our love of automotive banter, along with the alchohol, would melt the hostility. Really, enough guys!!! Regards. Ned.

On K-A's behalf I thank you for your kind comment about him.

For me it looks some people on this forum just hate the fact that K-A went with a BMW. The hostility started right after he announced the change. Almost makes me think some people hate that they cannot do that themselves and have to live with the car that they don't love any more after the first excitement wore off?

I'm quite confident K-A will come back to MB after he experiences enough problems with that very beautiful car but not before MB makes another face lift to get rid of that "space craft" front unless he goes to CLS instead of E class.

And I just can't wait the BMW trouble report...but in a way hope that the German BMW engineers got their ducks in a row too...
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Arrie
On K-A's behalf I thank you for your kind comment about him.

For me it looks some people on this forum just hate the fact that K-A went with a BMW. The hostility started right after he announced the change. Almost makes me think some people hate that they cannot do that themselves and have to live with the car that they don't love any more after the first excitement wore off?

I'm quite confident K-A will come back to MB after he experiences enough problems with that very beautiful car but not before MB makes another face lift to get rid of that "space craft" front unless he goes to CLS instead of E class.

And I just can't wait the BMW trouble report...but in a way hope that the German BMW engineers got their ducks in a row too...
Thank you again, Arrie. It's literally like a breath of fresh air to see posts like that here.

Indeed, my "switch" thread was one of the most hostile I've seen on a car forum (this thread gives it a decent run). I had members PM'ing me who refused to get caught up in it in literal disbelief via how people's attitudes were over here, the amount of anger and vitriol was/is astounding.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Kaptain-Ahole; so you're still muddying the waters here in the MB forum. Jeez! You really don't have much of a personal life do you ? you're some piece of work my friend. I applaud your laser like focus and energy for this forum. Just teasing you man. I'm not even surprised to see more of the same old same old in the threads that you're involved in. something's never change. So what are you leasing next ?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:10 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Hey it ain't a thing man. Just pull out the phone and all it takes in here is a few posts worth from the craziness that is my head to get this place moving.

Not sure what's next, my lease is already just over a year away from being up and honestly couldn't think of one car I'd rather have more at this point. If my lease was up today I'd buy the car out but the residual is super high. Maybe my 5er if I want to buy it out, maybe a 6 Gran Coupe which I love but honestly felt like I liked the 5 a liitle bit more for me, maybe a 435i Coupe M Sport though being truly a 3 Series with the same crappy 3 interior it'd be a fundamental downgrade from the 5, though so much fun to drive I'm sure.

Or I could revisit my initial plans for a 911 like I had before I went with the 5, of course a big price increase and it's hard to see "value" of any sort from a 911. The new Cayman is also GORGEOUS but so damn small.

The Maserati Ghibli is kind of intriguing though it looks kind of a mess that will date soon and it's WAY too closely based on the Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger with the carryover platform and I refuse to drive an expensive car with $17K Chrysler/Dodge car parts and switchgear and knobs inside. The interior looks so American Car cheap.

Tesla Model S is also awesome though I don't like the interior.

Unfortunately I'm not digging any newer MB's enough as of yet but I'm watching closely as in theory I'd love to fall in love with a Merc again.

Last edited by K-A; 08-28-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
So, is MB-Tex truly better than leather?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:12 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
I was forced to take leather in my e550. I couldn't get the "pleather" as an option!! I'll just have to suffer with the animal hide. Regards. Ned.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
************** END OF THREAD *****************
Old 08-28-2013, 12:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e

Time for and have a cold one
Old 08-29-2013, 10:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
14 S8, 07 E63 Designo, on order 14 G63
What funny is that when ever I come across a BMW owner who has M sport package; it seems like he/she has to prove something. I always get long explanation re "sport" button/trans/engine setting/package etc.... and how it transforms the car into a mighty beast and makes 100% improvement over non sport/M sport haha. I have a sport option on my 7 and it no better than non sport (expects wheels, cosmetics etc...)
Old 08-29-2013, 11:09 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

The BMW Sport button is a bonafide performance-bred character changer and very comprehensive, especially on Sport Auto cars not to mention you have a SECOND Sport option (DS) AND you can combine the two. BMW SAT also allows you to use the paddles like a true manual, i.e rapid shifts and no babysitting. Unlike most manufacturers' "Sport" button which is more so a marketing schtick, M-B being one of the worst offenders with no real changes and paddle shifts that take a year to engage whilst babysitting you to not even freely use them.

If you're referring to your '07 7 Series then BMW has come a long way in drivetrain and technology since then, i.e starting in 2011 with the phenomenal ZF8 mated to BMW's characterizing of it.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by K-A
The BMW Sport button is a bonafide performance-bred character changer and very comprehensive, especially on Sport Auto cars not to mention you have a SECOND Sport option (DS) AND you can combine the two. BMW SAT also allows you to use the paddles like a true manual, i.e rapid shifts and no babysitting. Unlike most manufacturers' "Sport" button which is more so a marketing schtick, M-B being one of the worst offenders with no real changes and paddle shifts that take a year to engage whilst babysitting you to not even freely use them.

If you're referring to your '07 7 Series then BMW has come a long way in drivetrain and technology since then, i.e starting in 2011 with the phenomenal ZF8 mated to BMW's characterizing of it.
"Sport" "DS" are all marketing schtick and it is across board no matter what brand it is. Even Toyota Camry boosts that same bonafide performance breed character of "Sport" in their sport models. To be honest it all started with SAAB; back in 80's on their turbo models they had a button called "EXTRA" but in reality their was nothing extra

Yep my 07 7 is old in technology but it is no faster/improved over 07 7 non sport model and it has the "sport" bonafide setting as well
Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by phalen302
"Sport" "DS" are all marketing schtick and it is across board no matter what brand it is. Even Toyota Camry boosts that same bonafide performance breed character of "Sport" in their sport models. To be honest it all started with SAAB; back in 80's on their turbo models they had a button called "EXTRA" but in reality their was nothing extra

Yep my 07 7 is old in technology but it is no faster/improved over 07 7 non sport model and it has the "sport" bonafide setting as well
No, it's not on a newer BMW. In Eco Pro my car is dawn, in Comfort it's day, in Sport it's Night, and in Sport + it's a full moon at night (DS makes it a thundery night ).

BMW's Sport Mode is one of the rarity's that is purely engineering driven. Don't mistake it for MB's joke of a Sport Mode or your E65 7 Series'.

In fact Sport is so aggressive on my car that I truly can barely use it, the shift points are too high, so I have to use the super fast and snappy paddles to control them myself (and again, unlike MB's you can actually USE the paddles).

The steering gets heavier, throttle more snappy, shift points dramatically altered, and in Sport + it enables the SAT exclusive Dynamic Traction Control which allows me to roast the rear tires like a Hillbilly in his Muscle Car.

BMW is overtly marketing-heavy in many ridiculous ways, but the Eco/Comfort/Sport character modes are straight up from their performance bloodline.

Last edited by K-A; 08-29-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by K-A
No, it's not on a newer BMW. In Eco Pro my car is dawn, in Comfort it's day, in Sport it's Night, and in Sport + it's a full moon at night (DS makes it a thundery night ).

BMW's Sport Mode is one of the rarity's that is purely engineering driven. Don't mistake it for MB's joke of a Sport Mode or your E65 7 Series'.

In fact Sport is so aggressive on my car that I truly can barely use it, the shift points are too high, so I have to use the super fast and snappy paddles to control them myself (and again, unlike MB's you can actually USE the paddles).

The steering gets heavier, throttle more snappy, shift points dramatically altered, and in Sport + it enables the SAT exclusive Dynamic Traction Control which allows me to roast the rear tires like a Hillbilly in his Muscle Car.

BMW is overtly marketing-heavy in many ridiculous ways, but the Eco/Comfort/Sport character modes are straight up from their performance bloodline.
My 07 E66 has more technology than your 535. And last thing I saw was a 535 roasting rear tires like a hillbilly Muscle Car looool. This why I said earlier, not sure but "Sport" package guys always have to prove themselves.

I give up

Last edited by phalen302; 08-29-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:54 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Ok well that's just delusional. You've obviously never driven a newer BMW and have sour grapes in your mouth (I would too with BMW's biggest embarrassment ever i.e the E65).

I'm not debating with you, I'm literally telling you how comprehensive BMW's Sport Mode(S) [much more than just 1 on mine!] are. You can get educated or simply continue to reject facts in misguided denial.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:57 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

My 07 E66 has more technology than your 535. And last thing I saw was a 535 roasting rear tires like a hillbilly Muscle Car looool. This why I said earlier, not sure but "Sport" package guys always have to prove themselves.

I give up
Again, GET EDUCATED on newer BMW's and don't simply project your baseless hatred or jealousy of them with blatant misinformation. I'm not even charging you for these classes. Watch and learn:

Old 08-29-2013, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by K-A
Ok well that's just delusional. You've obviously never driven a newer BMW and have sour grapes in your mouth (I would too with BMW's biggest embarrassment ever i.e the E65).

I'm not debating with you, I'm literally telling you how comprehensive BMW's Sport Mode(S) [much more than just 1 on mine!] are. You can get educated or simply continue to reject facts in misguided denial.
I think you need to wake up and smell the flowers. E65 is one the revolutionary car BMW has ever produced. It changed the whole ball game of full size luxury cars but it is outdated now. i.e. I have soft closing doors on my outdated 7, which still to date does not exist on any 5 series, I can go on and on and on.....

Again to me you sound like just another "Sport" model guy who is trying to prove a point that "sport" is even better than the real M loool I can see the hostality now. Good luck proving that point And I am just an un educated cave man who likes to put things as they really are.

BTW I have don't buy a wana bees like your 535.

Last edited by phalen302; 08-29-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by K-A
Again, GET EDUCATED on newer BMW's and don't simply project your baseless hatred or jealousy of them with blatant misinformation. I'm not even charging you for these classes. Watch and learn:

BMW 535i F10 306HP BURNOUT - YouTube
This can be done by even a base mustang and actually can be even better by a base mustang.

Breaking tires at 5mph is an easy task; breaking tires at 40mph is whole another ball game.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:10 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Who said "better than M"?

I said BMW's Sport Mode is one of the best in the industry in how race-inspired and engineering driven it is, completely transforming the cars drive (so much so most people can barely use it in real world driving), unlike most marketing-driven Sport Modes on most other cars.

I also proved how misguided and misinformed you are about the 535's ability to roast the rears in SPORT PLUS (one of the many Sport variances on a SAT equipped BMW). Just get educated before making claims about things you currently don;t know about, that's all I'm saying.

This can be done by even a base mustang and actually can be even better by a base mustang.

Breaking tires at 5mph is an easy task; breaking tires at 40mph is whole another ball game.
LOL, now you're really in denial.

Move along now....

.... NEXT.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e

Attached Thumbnails Here's one for K-A-captureburnout.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:20 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by instantfob
Old 08-29-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by K-A
Who said "better than M"?

I said BMW's Sport Mode is one of the best in the industry in how race-inspired and engineering driven it is, completely transforming the cars drive (so much so most people can barely use it in real world driving), unlike most marketing-driven Sport Modes on most other cars.

I also proved how misguided and misinformed you are about the 535's ability to roast the rears in SPORT PLUS (one of the many Sport variances on a SAT equipped BMW). Just get educated before making claims about things you currently don;t know about, that's all I'm saying.

LOL, now you're really in denial.

Move along now....

.... NEXT.
K A day dream "BMW 535 "Sport" is a beast " YEA right get a life.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here's one for K-A