Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
E350 seats questions

Probably going to order MY '15 but maybe answers for '14 MY would be the same:

If you get MBtex:

- Are the seats perforated? From brochure on line, it looks like maybe the inserts are.

If you get leather seats ($1620 option, not Designo):

- Is it only the inserts (i.e. middle parts where you sit and back hits) that are leather or is it the entire seating surface including seat and back side bolsters.

- Are the headrests different with the leather seat option?

- Is the dash material different with the leather option (e.g. MBTex stitched dash)?

Last edited by noka; 10-24-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:44 PM

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
2012 E350 sedan
The center areas of the bottom and back of MB-Tex seats are perforated

Don't have answers for your other questions. From what I've read in other postings on this board, be cautious with the leather option. The leather seats feel much different and many think they are less comfortable, so I'd sit in one before I buy.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by noka
Probably going to order MY '15 but maybe answers for '14 MY would be the same:

If you get MBtex:

- Are the seats perforated? From brochure on line, it loks like maybe the inserts are.
In my '14 E-350 with MB Tex, only the inserts are perforated.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Thanks to both of you for your replies! I'll do some additional searching. I did find a few posts about active ventilation and multi-contour seats having some comfort/fit problems for some folks but I'm probably not going to risk that by trying those options. Still looking for info on the dash material with leather seating option but maybe the MBTex stitched dash I heard about somewhere was only part of a Designo option.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 576 Likes on 431 Posts
W212 FL
U09 is the code for center console dash stitched pad as well as covering on top of the door panels .There is no need to order Designo or fully Nappa leather to get Artico / MB TEX stitches .
A cool option and love it
For the headrests ,you can order more comfortable headrests but I don't have that number or code for it .It must be a detached option as well
Old 10-25-2014, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
I found out:

- MBTex center parts are perforated (not sure if they go all the way through but they have that appearance anyway).

- E400 comes with the Artico (MBTex stitched dash).

Anyone know if the leather option is all leather or just the center parts (inserts); and are the headrests different with leather option?

Anyone have leather that can compare feel and comfort with MBTex?
Old 10-25-2014, 10:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e550
You really need to sit in the seats yourself to judge the comfort level (subjective). There are complaints from both camps on this issue. Maybe the ventilation option is really the most important. I like my multi contours now that they are breaking in. The bolsters on my leather seats are not M Tex I think that is what you are asking. People here that come from cars that have the softest seats to the E Klasse are the most unhappy group.

On a unrelated note the airmatic system is a very smooth system for drive dynamics, and recovers quickly as far as body lean in corners.

Last edited by wanderfalke; 10-25-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
True...the MB tex vs leather is a very personal preference and is to be decided by OP himself after test riding in both cars. There are happy and unhappy customers on both sides but generally if you are considering leather at all then you should go for it (otherwise you are more likely to be unhappy).
I've read earlier someone saying that the ventilated seats aren't that soft as regular ones but I can't verify that.
Rule of thumb: Get the highest spec you can and you will avoid buyer's remorse if at all. Good luck.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by pamiboy
True...the MB tex vs leather is a very personal preference and is to be decided by OP himself after test riding in both cars. There are happy and unhappy customers on both sides but generally if you are considering leather at all then you should go for it (otherwise you are more likely to be unhappy).
I've read earlier someone saying that the ventilated seats aren't that soft as regular ones but I can't verify that.
Rule of thumb: Get the highest spec you can and you will avoid buyer's remorse if at all. Good luck.
I think this is good advice, thanks. Unfortunately, there are not many E's on the lot to compare. I saw the MB-Tex in an E wagon, which is the same as the sedan I believe. It wasn't that bad and reminded me of my C300 in looks and feel. I did read a bit about the ventilated seats possibly being more uncomfortable due to less padding to accommodate the fans. I don't need this option, especially if that's true. I also read that some people did not like the smell of the MBTex as compared to leather. I'm going to go with leather, since I have to order the car anyway and I think I might regret not getting it.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
I'm going to go with leather, since I have to order the car anyway and I think I might regret not getting it.
Good decision !!! I think you will be very satisfied with real leather seats. IMO, they are more comfortable, feel and smell better too.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e550
I think this is good advice, thanks. Unfortunately, there are not many E's on the lot to compare. I saw the MB-Tex in an E wagon, which is the same as the sedan I believe. It wasn't that bad and reminded me of my C300 in looks and feel. I did read a bit about the ventilated seats possibly being more uncomfortable due to less padding to accommodate the fans. I don't need this option, especially if that's true. I also read that some people did not like the smell of the MBTex as compared to leather. I'm going to go with leather, since I have to order the car anyway and I think I might regret not getting it.
Try Car Max I like to look there. You will see cars that were driven hard, it is very educational to see how they hold up to abuse. You can learn a lot about colors and wear and tear of various seat materials at Car Max. I think if I was looking for a car that was going to haul kids the fake stuff might work better at shedding of mickey d's ect.. Other wise leather might be the better choice.