E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Does anyone here have experience with CDM shorty headers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 01:20 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
Does anyone here have experience with CDM shorty headers?

I have looked back at there historical posts which have claimed they were dyno'd than later posts that say they were not.
I offered them directly to do a dyno run before and after install to show performance gains and have a tune written by OE tuning to account for it if they deducted the cost from their sale price (~200.00 of Dyno time so sub 50% of). They declined (They were polite about it).

I like the idea of installing them and getting any and all mods sorted before OE writes my tunes for me this week but am wondering if these headers could offer anything at all? It seems off to me that a performance company selling a component would a.) not have any dyno graphs to back up their product and b.) pass on the opportunity to get it provided to them for what is likely not substantially more than their margin on the product (they indicated they are manufactured by someone else at one point).

I'll be clear, I'm not trying to bash them or their product. I love the idea of some extra HP at a reasonable price compared to other options, but I haven't read a single review from anyone not affiliated with sales or any actual review with substance.

If these produce the same range of gains as the higher priced big name brands, I'm sure others would be interested as well.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 CLK550
I'd like to know this as well. Thinking about grabbing some before I tune the car...