European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

I've cancelled our ED order...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 07:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
I've cancelled our ED order...

Well, it is with great regret that we are cancelling our ED order. We've had unfortunate circumstances whereby my wife's company just laid off over 200 employees and my wife one. A new car will have to come at a later time.

Fortunately we are still going to take our trip with only slight modifications. We will cut our two days in Stuttgart, and add two days to our time in Copenhagen. Also, we've added a night at the hotel near Burg Hohenzollern. That will give us more time to tour the castle.

All the best to you past, present, and future MB EDers, and to this new forum. May it live long and prosper.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Lexus ES350
Well, that's a bummer! I'm glad that you are still able to go on your trip and hope hour wife finds a job that brings her joy (and a paycheck! )
Old 03-27-2016, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lurkerlisa
Well, that's a bummer! I'm glad that you are still able to go on your trip and hope hour wife finds a job that brings her joy (and a paycheck! )
Thank you! We are looking ahead to a new chapter in our lives. It's time to turn the page, though a little sooner than we planned.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by mdsbuc
Well, it is with great regret that we are cancelling our ED order. We've had unfortunate circumstances whereby my wife's company just laid off over 200 employees and my wife one. A new car will have to come at a later time.

Fortunately we are still going to take our trip with only slight modifications. We will cut our two days in Stuttgart, and add two days to our time in Copenhagen. Also, we've added a night at the hotel near Burg Hohenzollern. That will give us more time to tour the castle.

All the best to you past, present, and future MB EDers, and to this new forum. May it live long and prosper.
wow!!!
Just a few week after we have scratch our plans for this year ED.
Very sorry to hear about your wife. Wish her find new and better job in the next few weeks.

Last edited by Gary From LA; 03-27-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gary From LA
wow!!!
Just a few week after we have scratch our plans for this year ED.
Very sorry to hear about your wife. Wish her find new and better job in the next few weeks.

Thanks Gary, I'll be looking to see your ED next year.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:19 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Diamond Silver 2017 C300 Coupe (C205)

Sorry to hear that. There will be another time for the new car. In the meantime, enjoy your trip.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Flanker
Sorry to hear that. There will be another time for the new car. In the meantime, enjoy your trip.
Thanks Flanker, we are looking forward to that!
Old 03-31-2016, 10:34 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
no MBs at the moment :(

Sorry to hear that! When was your pick up date? My dealership made me pay for my car and sign all of the papers 30 days before pick up. Did you have enough time to cancel your order w/o any problems?
Old 04-01-2016, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by CliffJumper
Sorry to hear that! When was your pick up date? My dealership made me pay for my car and sign all of the papers 30 days before pick up. Did you have enough time to cancel your order w/o any problems?
Our delivery date was scheduled for April 19th. Our sales rep was very understanding, and cancellation was no problem. We turn in our leased BMW to him in just 7 days. Then, seven days later we depart for our trip, using a rental car instead of the GLC.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Sorry to hear that I wish you and your family the best of luck.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by dieseldoc
Sorry to hear that I wish you and your family the best of luck.
Thank you, Doc!