Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Car wash messed up my wheels?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 320
Car wash messed up my wheels?!

Took the clk 320 to the car wash. I got the tire shine package. After car wash employee is done tending to the car, he says, "cars done, here are they keys." I go "no, the wheels are still wet." He says "no, they are dry, those are stains." I realize there is milky white streaks stained into my wheels. Manager says that the last car wash place must have done it and I didn't notice because the wheels have been dusty. He says they have hundreds of cars come a day and this never happens to other cars so it can't be them. It only happened to three of the wheels so I think that maybe the car wash employee noticed that he was spraying too much shine solution on the tires causing it to run down the wheels, having a strange reaction and stain them, so he corrected himself by the 4th tire.

Manager said he wouldn't take responsibility. He said I could come back when their detail department was open and they would try to have their detailers buff out the stains. Idk.

I attached a picture. Thoughts please.
Attached Thumbnails Car wash messed up my wheels?!-wheelmilk.jpg  

Last edited by labenzly; 10-24-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: safety
Old 10-21-2012, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 E55 AMG, 06 C55 AMG, 72 350SL
I do not believe that is from the tire shine, it is most commonly from an acid based wheel cleaner that was not used properly. Buffing it will not be a permanent fix. You have to be careful going to car washes, any new employee that has not had proper training with the chemicals can damage a nice car.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 320
Update: They are going to have a local body shop repaint the wheels. Any ideas on paint code?