Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:25 PM
V0X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GLK 350
Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Issue

I recently purchased a certified pre-owned (CPO) 2011 GLK 350 with 9300 miles on it from Long of Chattanooga. In the CPO process, the vehicle is supposed to be provided with all service records, manuals, both sets of keys, mats etc. My dealer delivered the car to me with nothing. Now 11 days post purchase, I just now receive mats, and had to get the General Manager involved as I've been back to the dealer half a dozen times.

My question is this, if all of these things are missing from the vehicle, I am highly suspect that the vehicle was even given the 129 point CPO check-up as defined by MB here http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/cpo/multipoint_inspection

This is my 2nd MB and my only pre-owned vehicle "ever" purchased. I truly regret my decision to buy used, and especially from Long of Chattanooga.

Not sure what to do now, but I "lack" that satisfied feeling that you normally get when you buy a Mercedes.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:18 PM

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts
2016 E350 2015 ML250 2002 Z06 CORVETTE
What you are looking for should be very simple. You have the mats, do you have the second set of keys? Any Mercedes dealer should be able to print off any service record that has been done by an authorized dealer.

In order for there to be a certification and warranty extension, the dealer has to submit the proper paper work to Mercedes and pay the fee. This would include repair order information for the inspection. If it is certified, it was inspected.

With only 9300 miles, it is most likely only just due for the first A inspection which is basically an oil change and fluid level inspection. From a warranty point of view, you should be well covered. You need to enjoy your car.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:35 PM
V0X

2011 GLK 350
11 days after purchase of a Certified vehicle, all I have are mats (received today).. still no manual, no 2nd key, no documentation of services on the vehicle.. like I said, as far as I know, all they did was put a sticker on the car and said certified pre-owned and thats all.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
When I bought my CPO I got most of the manuals (ordered rest from ebay), mats, 2 remotes plus the valet key. I didn't receive any service history but as mentioned any dealer can pull that. Most of them will refuse to print it for you but you might be able to get the repair order for the certification. I also did not get a NAV CD but those have been pretty easy to find.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:25 PM

2014 E350 4matic sedan
Wow, you shouldn't have to settled for anything less when you buy a CPO MB from a good dealer. That will set the tone for future services. When I brought my S550 CPO, not only I have everything, the dealer insisted on ordering me a new owner manual kit. Because a few unimportant documents was missing. And they throw in a sets of all weather mats, MB hats, umbellar and a few more accessories. Up to this point, my experience have been top notch with this dealer. There is no question they have won my loyalty.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 PM

2010 E350 4Matic, 2012 ML350 4Matic
Do you have the option to go to another dealer? I agree with the last post - you shouldn't have to deal with such ineptitude given the amount of money you've paid. My assumption is that any other dealer should know it's a CPO car by the VIN number. I'd stay on them until you get what you're entitled to, then find another dealership to patronize that's worth your business.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 AM
V0X

2011 GLK 350
I agree also, and the dealer has been much more responsive after I had to get the General Manager involved. It's now 17 days post-purchase and still waiting on the owner's manuals. I received a print-out of the CPO check-list for my car (with VIN) but haven't gotten any indication that the 10k mile service was actually performed as I was told prior to purchase. I guess I'll call a dealer and ask them to punch in the VIN to see.